Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Starting to think this Alba party is just a big grift 

During the indyref, the original Wee Blue Book was a campaigning item, given out to voters free of charge.  I'd imagine it'll be the same with this one.  

If you want talk about grifters in Scottish politics, look no further than those individuals who squandered the £600,000 which they were entrusted with to use for indyref2.

I really wish there was an alternative independence party that didn't have Salmond is figurehead. He is not a vote winner anymore. I've no idea why he can't see that.

I detest the SNP more with each passing day but don't much like the Greens and can't bring myself to vote for Alba.

There is no alternative for me which is very depressing. I would guess I'm not alone.

48 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

During the indyref, the original Wee Blue Book was a campaigning item, given out to voters free of charge.  I'd imagine it'll be the same with this one.  

If you want talk about grifters in Scottish politics, look no further than those individuals who squandered the £600,000 which they were entrusted with to use for indyref2.

Do you think the individuals involved won’t be taking a fee for this?

Who do you think will be paying for it? 

8 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I really wish there was an alternative independence party that didn't have Salmond is figurehead. He is not a vote winner anymore. I've no idea why he can't see that.

I detest the SNP more with each passing day but don't much like the Greens and can't bring myself to vote for Alba.

There is no alternative for me which is very depressing. I would guess I'm not alone.

I have a similar viewpoint. I dont really like the SNP or Alba but I have always been an Independence supporter. 

41 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Who would you rather lead a new independence supporting party? 

Objectively, AS was the most successful leader the SNP ever had, taking them from the political wilderness to having an outright majority at Holyrood, as well as making the indyref happen, which we were very close to winning, against almost all odds.  Since then, the cause of indy has completely stalled and the SNP become increasingly comfortable at Westminster and more British in their outlook and opinions by the day.

You're entitled to your view, of course, however it's still very early days for Alba as a party.  From what I've seen so far, there is tremendous enthusiasm and determination to help the party succeed.  Had Alba not been formed, I would be politically homeless, much like yourself.  

39 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

Objectively, AS was the most successful leader the SNP ever had, taking them from the political wilderness to having an outright majority at Holyrood, as well as making the indyref happen, which we were very close to winning, against almost all odds.  Since then, the cause of indy has completely stalled and the SNP become increasingly comfortable at Westminster and more British in their outlook and opinions by the day.

You're entitled to your view, of course, however it's still very early days for Alba as a party.  From what I've seen so far, there is tremendous enthusiasm and determination to help the party succeed.  Had Alba not been formed, I would be politically homeless, much like yourself.  

Someone who's not a self-important sex pest, preferably. 

38 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Someone who's not a self-important sex pest, preferably. 

As you know, AS was cleared on all charges.  

Protecting the rights of Scottish women and girls is a key part of what Alba stand for.  The current party of government at Holyrood and their coalition partners, both have some issues, so to speak, when it comes to this.

1 hour ago, Burning Barns said:

Somebody Scotland likes.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18651126.poll-finds-alex-salmond-now-almost-unpopular-boris-johnson-among-scots/

Poll finds Alex Salmond now almost as unpopular as Boris Johnson among Scots

11 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Somebody Scotland likes.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18651126.poll-finds-alex-salmond-now-almost-unpopular-boris-johnson-among-scots/

Poll finds Alex Salmond now almost as unpopular as Boris Johnson among Scots

For me, the ironic thing about that is, despite polls like these, the party Johnson leads are the largest opposition group in Holyrood.