Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, madwullie said:

The leadership put forward none of this to the electorate instead, those of us who engaged, did so with fucking nutcases on twitter doing the above. Is it a smear to say they were trying to oust NS from her constituency when they were? My impression was that a smear had to have some element of mistruth about it. 

You were linked to wings. Whether he appeared in the party brochure is meaningless. I'm a first vote snp 2nd vote AN Other, exactly the target audience. I didn't see alba behaving like you said they did. I saw them behaving like I said they did. 

When Alba was launched I had a bit of a dilema, whether to stick with my prior decision to vote Green or vote for Alba in NE.  My final decision was made within a week - to stick with the Greens.  This was absolutely down to the agressive nature of the most vociferous Alba supporters - I would be mad to vote for the Greens as "they dont really want independence" you are endagering womens lives with the GRA issue they support (which is quite frankly  an issue I give no thought to at all when considering my vote as I consider it an extremely fringe issue that affects a tiny number of people) A few looks at Wings and my decision was completely solidified - it appeared that all their contributors were advocating spoiling their constituency paper or worse still voting Unionist...those who supported SNP1 were aggresively shot down.

I am sure there are sane, non aggresive Alba supporters but they are not the ones we see online.  I know consider that party pretty toxic and if it has helped to week out a small troublesome element from the SNP then maybe thats been one of their positive legacies....suspect they will not have many others.

As above, I was a target voted but was lost pretty early on and would be very wary of future "splinter groups" be it under an Alba banner or another name.

In a years time I suspect ALBA will go back to being the gaelic name for Scotland, a BBC channel that shows the fitba, bakers of half decent millionairres shortbread and a decent full back with Barcelona

3 hours ago, Burning Barns said:

ALBA were a brand new party.  How else are you supposed to learn what they stand for, or form an opinion on them, other than by reading the manifesto?

Comparing it to the UKIP or Tory manifesto is a total cop-out.

Apart from the opening salvo of an Alba candidate saying LGBT organisations were demanding the age of consent was lowered to 10 while the party backed her to the hilt and Wings said there was no possible alternative interpretation to be made?

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Around a dozen women indepedently made complaints about his behaviour and he himself admitted to behaving inappropriately.

Whilst we should always respect the innocent until proven guilty principle, you'd have to be buttoned right up the back of your head to believe a man could be accused by that number of people and be entirely innocent.

Once you start getting beyond 2 or 3 people making complaints, the balance of probability of guilt starts to shift considerably.

😂

10 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Apart from the opening salvo of an Alba candidate saying LGBT organisations were demanding the age of consent was lowered to 10 while the party backed her to the hilt and Wings said there was no possible alternative interpretation to be made?

Ah but did you read the manifesto? 

15 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Ah but did you read the manifesto? 

I did actually!

On 21/04/2021 at 13:56, NotThePars said:

"Scotland needs to be gallus for what comes next. ALBA is here to bring that confidence."

Terrific stuff. I opened the "Women and Equalities" section as well and all the neighbour's dogs started barking for some reason.

On 10/05/2021 at 15:30, Burning Barns said:

Well, we disagree on that. 

Lack of time, lack of publicity and lack of resources as well, were factors.  Relentless attempts to render the party unelectable in the eyes of others by Sturgeon supporters.  In my opinion, that's why ALBA went from 6% in an initial poll, to what they eventually got.

Polling at 6% then getting 1.66% doesn't indicate that there was support for them which evaporated, it indicates that Panelbase had something off in their methodology and were massively overstating their support. Panelbase found them at 6% another twice and once at 4%, when of the 16 polls carried out by other major pollsters from the point Alba were formed all but two had them on 2 or 3%, the outliers being 1% and 4%. This a polling issue from a company with a habit of overstating list votes for smaller parties.

They didn't achieve higher levels of support because no potential support was ever there. 50% of the electorate were never going to touch a single issue pro-independence party with a barge pole while a significant proportion of the other 50% were never going near a party led by Alex Salmond which was fielding candidates like the racist Alex Arthur or spreader of homophobic conspiracy theories Margaret Lynch.

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

We are being threatened with a good time again. I wonder if something in the quality of analysis in the second image would suggest why he's having problems getting people interested in his website 

E153iOwXEAAO_Gm.jpeg

E150PBuWYAEoRV6.jpeg

He blocked me for pointing out that the Highland Clearances wasn't state sponsored genocide. Another one chased from Scotland and living very online who thinks Denise Findlay has the pulse of the nation.

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

We are being threatened with a good time again. I wonder if something in the quality of analysis in the second image would suggest why he's having problems getting people interested in his website 

E153iOwXEAAO_Gm.jpeg

E150PBuWYAEoRV6.jpeg

Jeggit is a bellend and such a needy nyaff. Anyone with a contrary opinion is either an anti Irish Catholic bigot, an idiot or a state actor.

26 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

E153iOwXEAAO_Gm.jpeg

E150PBuWYAEoRV6.jpeg

so the russians have turned off the botnet

looks like it is all over for Alba

It genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if there weren’t a range of people ready to defect. Isn’t it the case with a lot of rebellions that there will be big hitters hedging their bets and waiting to see which the dominos fall and then supporting the side which is clearly winning?

For all we slag Cherry I believe a bit that she would’ve defected if Alba had had a stormer of an election but she, and I suspect a few others, were sufficiently not stupid so they sat back and waited to see how the initial lot did. And they did shite.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if there weren’t a range of people ready to defect. Isn’t it the case with a lot of rebellions that there will be big hitters hedging their bets and waiting to see which the dominos fall and then supporting the side which is clearly winning?

For all we slag Cherry I believe a bit that she would’ve defected if Alba had had a stormer of an election but she, and I suspect a few others, were sufficiently not stupid so they sat back and waited to see how the initial lot did. And they did shite.

Obviously Cherry was going to defect. Although she is too much of a bottler that she pulled a sickie.

I see she must feel better since her National column is back.

Very convenient timing for her.

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Angus McNeil shat his pants too.

Those are the people I’m referring to. They’re the big hitters that could’ve partially tipped the scales but they were sitting back and waiting for the more radical dafties to shoot their load and see how it goes. It really annoys me that I can’t remember the term for it because I read it in a book last year. I want to say it’s the rebel’s gambit but it’s not that. Alba were fucked unless they could make a sufficiently big splash with the radicals to tempt other fence sitters into joining in but they couldn’t and so they didn’t.

11 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Yeah tbf that part is very believable, more so than the numbers he was spouting. It's overhyped though, marginalized figures in a major party being willing to be a big fish in a small pond if the smaller party can make an electoral dent is probably very common. It's part of why you can write off those who jumped at the chance to join Alba or TIG without that condition as idiots imo. 

Those trying desperately to keep Alba going as a party should be admired, if only for their belief that they can use a weird kind of internet based CPR to resurrect a hamburger. 

Reminds me of the two Ronnies saying something like '83% of voters would vote Liberal if they thought they'd get in." it was a joke at the time, and Alba was a joke earlier this month. 

The Alba party was one man's desperate attempt to make himself politically relevant and most folk weren't buying it.  He put his faith in the "fair-minded people in Scotland"... and "the fair-minded people in Scotland" told him to eff off.