Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Independence shouldnt be about any individual , Salmonds time is clearly past and Sturgeon shouldnt be the one and only either. Moving on to Indy2 it needs more than  her to get it across the line so others have to step up from either in the SNP or outwith or both would be better

Edited by BigDoddyKane

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Totally agree with you regarding the trial and the ordeal for the women.

He has now been judged and humiliated by the Scottish public at the election. 

Quite so. Judged and humiliated by the "fair-minded" people that he has been banging on about for weeks.  

1 hour ago, Burning Barns said:

"No smoke without fire..." etc.  A not guilty verdict in a criminal trial is usually seen as a vindication of someone's innocence, not the opposite.  Your post is essentially the smorgasbord of smears which were used by "Both Votes SNP" folk, to ruin ALBA's chances.  The unionists barely had to lift a finger, in that regard. 

It was ALBA policy to promote an SNP vote on the constituency ballot.  Anyone who disregarded that, went against party policy.  It is ALBA policy to have a Citizens' Assembly on GRA.  That is not "open hatred of trans people".  No-one even knows if WOS is a member of the party.  Nonetheless, ALBA are not the "Wings Party", yet the idea seems to have been "act as if they are", from those online who felt that they had a vested interested in seeing the party not get off the ground.  

The leadership put forward none of this to the electorate instead, those of us who engaged, did so with fucking nutcases on twitter doing the above. Is it a smear to say they were trying to oust NS from her constituency when they were? My impression was that a smear had to have some element of mistruth about it. 

You were linked to wings. Whether he appeared in the party brochure is meaningless. I'm a first vote snp 2nd vote AN Other, exactly the target audience. I didn't see alba behaving like you said they did. I saw them behaving like I said they did. 

Edited by madwullie

Just to be clear, you think that no-one who supports Nicola Sturgeon, said anything to attempt to dissuade people from giving their list vote to ALBA during the election campaign?
You obviously didn't understand the post, or more likely are building a straw man argument. You are of course perfectly entitled to hold the view that Alba's hilariously shite performance was down to "Sturgeon supporters" rather than being an utter rabble led by a creep, just as every sane person is entitled to think your logic is utterly mental. Hope that helps.

There is some level of hilarious overreaction on here to what was the creation of another independence list party.

Mostly by Green supporters who, quite rightly, look at what may happen if Scotland is not independent in 5 years time.

A more organised and obviously less rushed effort, could seriously eat into their support from SNP voters who they heavily rely on to lend them their list vote.

Going by the Greens fairly hapless performances on the constituency ballots, a slight drop in their list vote could see the likes of the Willie Rennie pointing and laughing.

Edited by wirez

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

The leadership put forward none of this to the electorate instead, those of us who engaged, did so with fucking nutcases on twitter doing the above. Is it a smear to say they were trying to oust NS from her constituency when they were? My impression was that a smear had to have some element of mistruth about it. 

You were linked to wings. Whether he appeared in the party brochure is meaningless. I'm a first vote snp 2nd vote AN Other, exactly the target audience. I didn't see alba behaving like you said they did. I saw them behaving like I said they did. 

The only way to judge a party, or a political platform, is to read the manifesto.  Take it you read ALBA's?  

It seems that you decided to make a judgement about the party based on twitter interactions between nobodies.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
2 hours ago, Burning Barns said:
Just to be clear, you think that no-one who supports Nicola Sturgeon, said anything to attempt to dissuade people from giving their list vote to ALBA during the election campaign?

You obviously didn't understand the post, or more likely are building a straw man argument. You are of course perfectly entitled to hold the view that Alba's hilariously shite performance was down to "Sturgeon supporters" rather than being an utter rabble led by a creep, just as every sane person is entitled to think your logic is utterly mental. Hope that helps.

You're also entitled to the view that the constant refrain of "don't vote for ALBA because they're (insert trope here)" coming from supporters of NS throughout the election played no part in ALBA's result, but it did.

14 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

The only way to judge a party, or a political platform, is to read the manifesto.  Take it you read ALBA's?  

It seems that you decided to make a judgement about the party based on twitter interactions between nobodies.

Doesn't matter and didn't read Ukip's either. Am not gonna vote for a party of bams, racists and homophobes.

Salmond saying the Wings over Scotland is a 'voice of sanity'. Really? Like the HIllborough Fans were the cause of said disaster? It's OK to make fun of autistic kids? Gays will rape our kids? Feminism is the same as Islamic terror? Gaelic is useless? Etc.. And that's before you encounter the anti-Semites and Alex Arthur types.

You're also entitled to the view that the constant refrain of "don't vote for ALBA because they're (insert trope here)" coming from supporters of NS throughout the election played no part in ALBA's result, but it did.
Just don't use up all the tinfoil ok? [emoji23]

19 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

The only way to judge a party, or a political platform, is to read the manifesto.  

This is just, objectively, absolute shite.

I'm pretty certain the Tories 2019 manifesto said nothing about using a global pandemic as an excuse to funnel a fucking ton of public money into their pal's pockets, but I can still judge them for it. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

This is just, objectively, absolute shite.

I'm pretty certain the Tories 2019 manifesto said nothing about using a global pandemic as an excuse to funnel a fucking ton of public money into their pal's pockets, but I can still judge them for it. 

Indeed. As if we all judge the Tories only because we've read their effin manifesto and nothing to do with the nutjobs and freaks we see on the news everyday. 'Sorry, I'll reserve judgement on Boris' corruption as I've not read their manifesto yet.'

The BNP manifesto usually contains stuff like public ownership, an elected 2nd chamber, a 'bill of rights',  a mass public housing building programme and so on.

I certainly wouldn't be voting for them though.

ALBA were a brand new party.  How else are you supposed to learn what they stand for, or form an opinion on them, other than by reading the manifesto?
Comparing it to the UKIP or Tory manifesto is a total cop-out.
Wild. So a party shouldn't be judged even through they believe a bigoted cretin like Alex Arthur should be elected to represent them?