Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He didn't want to talk though, he wanted an opportunity to harrass me, as was clear with his interaction with my friend.

aye, obviously that all being true he's clearly a walloper.  Not denying that.  but it's one side off a guy on a football forum,  I don't mean a disrespect there.  Seems awfy bizarre behaviour over something so needless.  I'll certainly take it into account though.

Edited by tirso

Jim Spence is your typical boomer in cloud cuckoo land, who really should have his WiFi connection cut for his own good.
Given he's their Rector it's surprising that none of the student groups at Dundee Uni have picked up on some of his dodgy 1970s opinions being dribbled onto twitter 12 hours a day. Off the top of my head, his general disdain for students, and the amount of kids who have the chance to get a degree these days ("theh should be grehftin in the Timex factory eh"). Endorsing Alba party types mocking the plight of transgender people. Vociferously supporting Brexit and the end of the Erasmus scheme. He should be the Rector of "the working fowk of Greece" given he mentions them every 15 minutes to justify his obsession with Brexit. He also called Patrick Harvie a "nasty bigot" for questioning why the Catholic Church in Scotland were involved in gay conversion therapy. 
I can see him now in his St Pauli pyjamas retweeting UK cop humour to get one up on his "wokerati" friends. His deserved cancellation will bring me much happiness one day.
Where can I get St Pauli pyjamas please ?

I assume anyone voting for the Salmond Ego Party has some form of psychological defect.

Wee guys in the thirties still living ‘at home’, bitter men of a certain age, transphobic wallopers, etc.  

On 06/05/2021 at 17:19, tirso said:

aye, obviously that all being true he's clearly a walloper.  Not denying that.  but it's one side off a guy on a football forum,  I don't mean a disrespect there.  Seems awfy bizarre behaviour over something so needless.  I'll certainly take it into account though.

"Two sides to every story" is such a lazy argument.

Remarkable how many of P&B's Albaites are squirmy contrarians, even to the point of denying being Alba supporters despite spending their free time defending Alba on internet forums.

Anyway, if the SNP/Greens do actually manage to pull off a positive result at an independence referendum within the next parliament, it'll be entertaining to see how many nutters claim "it's only because Eck forced that woman to do it!"  :lol:

1 hour ago, HTG said:

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth ...

...and we all know where the Salmonds are from and who they support, the straw they are going to clutch to now is probably going to be that Alba put Yes backing parties over 50%+1 on the regional lists muddying the water on any narrative revolving around a lack of majority electoral support.

This has election has surely proven the efficacy of another pro-independence party on the list.  Unfortunately, it seems that the message that SNP list votes actually benefit the unionists more than the SNP, just didn't quite "cut through" enough in the limited time ALBA had. 

Because the SNP campaigned saying that voters should give them their list vote, the cause of independence, and therefore, the country, has gained no discernible advantage out of this election.  Obviously, ALBA did not get the desired result.  The Greens had a decent result, however I'd say that they also suffered from "Both Votes SNP" syndrome.

The result of promoting themselves on the list, to the detriment and expense of other pro-independence parties who could actually have taken list seats, is that several unionists MSPs got to quaff champagne on being elected to the Scots Parliament.  

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and we all know where the Salmonds are from and who they support, the straw they are going to clutch to now is probably going to be that Alba put Yes backing parties over 50%+1 on the regional lists muddying the water on any narrative revolving around a lack of majority electoral support.

Technically, I guess they did in the end. But only needed as the Salmond affair had brought it down in the first place. SNP and greens were doing just fine without them.

They've caused the SNP to push the both votes SNP and turn out. Also prompting the unionist response. 

So I'd see there overall effect, as slightly more Tories elected.

57 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

This has election has surely proven the efficacy of another pro-independence party on the list.  Unfortunately, it seems that the message that SNP list votes actually benefit the unionists more than the SNP, just didn't quite "cut through" enough in the limited time ALBA had. 

Because the SNP campaigned saying that voters should give them their list vote, the cause of independence, and therefore, the country, has gained no discernible advantage out of this election.  Obviously, ALBA did not get the desired result.  The Greens had a decent result, however I'd say that they also suffered from "Both Votes SNP" syndrome.

The result of promoting themselves on the list, to the detriment and expense of other pro-independence parties who could actually have taken list seats, is that several unionists MSPs got to quaff champagne on being elected to the Scots Parliament.  

The Greens do that.  There was no need for Alba. It's a combination of a vanity party for Salmond and somewhere for a whole bunch of weirdos to park their arse.  Yes, there were some decent sensible people too but far from enough to set the narrative - not whilst the likes of Campbell were actively telling people not to vote for the main indy party in this country. The majority of SNP and Green is more than sufficient. Alba and A4U are 2 sides of the same coin that should be taken out of circulation. 

1 hour ago, Burning Barns said:

This right here is why nobody voted Alba. Pushing the "vote SNP get unionists" narrative just alienates people. Alba supporters have consistently trashed the SNP and the Greens, not bothering much with the Tories and Labour. 

Add to this, their offer to the public was just some electoral maths, fronted by a discredited leader and surrounded by people wielding their pet grievances. The energy of Alba supporters was spent attacking Nicola Sturgeon and agonising over Trans rights. Honestly, is it any wonder they did so poorly? 

Let me finish with one thing. My parents went both votes SNP. Not because they are desperate for indyref 2, not because they sat and worked out the best mathematical way to get a Yes majority. But because they were impressed with Nicola Sturgeon during the pandemic. As a pair of older voters they thought she did well, and so voted for her. How would you ever hope to persuade folk like my parents to vote for a party that is pretty toxic? 

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This right here is why nobody voted Alba. Pushing the "vote SNP get unionists" narrative just alienates people. Alba supporters have consistently trashed the SNP and the Greens, not bothering much with the Tories and Labour. 

Add to this, their offer to the public was just some electoral maths, fronted by a discredited leader and surrounded by people wielding their pet grievances. The energy of Alba supporters was spent attacking Nicola Sturgeon and agonising over Trans rights. Honestly, is it any wonder they did so poorly? 

Let me finish with one thing. My parents went both votes SNP. Not because they are desperate for indyref 2, not because they sat and worked out the best mathematical way to get a Yes majority. But because they were impressed with Nicola Sturgeon during the pandemic. As a pair of older voters they thought she did well, and so voted for her. How would you ever hope to persuade folk like my parents to vote for a party that is pretty toxic? 

Exactly the same with my mother.