Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

You can't self-ID as "a women" and read the link carpetmonster gave you.

You'll certainly not need surgery as you're already a fanny. 

9 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

You would have to live as your chosen gender for 6 months. However lying to obtain a gender recognition certificate is prosecutable and you’re unlikely to be successful in job applications due to being a dribbling simpleton. Full info here - https://www.gov.scot/publications/gender-recognition-reform-scotland-bill-consultation-scottish-government/

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

What exactly is a women-only safe space? You mean stuff like toilets, right? Exactly how feminine does a human have to look before you'll allow them to use a female toilet? Did you know that masculine-looking women have been getting harassed in toilets because of this recent transphobia? It's a new thing, they didn't get harassed before. 

Do you think female toilets became a thing to keep women safe? They didn't. They exist because of our cultural sexual segregation. Other countries don't have them.

There is no requirement for any venue to have female-only toilets or female-only changing. In loads of places they are mixed, obviously. 

The idea that men are going to pretend to be women so they can wait in toilets to attack women ignores two things. One, a male-presenting person who did that would stick out an absolute mile and be very noticeable, so they wouldn't do it, and two, men aren't having any trouble finding women to attack now. Some even do it in the residence with which their employment has provided them. It's a batshit crazy notion entertained only by those whose prejudices it suits to believe it.

What is a "women only" job? Seriously, I've no idea what this means. It's unlawful to discriminate on grounds of sex unless there is a very good reason. 

Imagine thinking that Alex Sexpest Salmond is a champion of women... absolute roaster stuff this. Aye, such a champion of women that you believe ten women concocted consistent lies against him for absolutely no reason. 

I will read more into the subject, I will admit that I'm starting from a position relative ignorance where I feel that the rights of a few will erode the rights of the many, as someone who doesn't agree with discriminating against anyone I'm sure I'll be able to look at the subject with an open mind. 

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
42 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
You'll certainly not need surgery as you're already a fanny. 

Jesus, are you twelve?

On a good day. 

16 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

It's ok, I'm sure Alex thought that the justice system had done its work and it was time for all fair-minded people to put the past behind them and move on. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

23 hours ago, ayrmad said:

It's a big number if that was extrapolated across the general population using women only spaces or applying for women only jobs. 

I never understood this whole outrage of using women only spaces tbh. They nearly all have cubicles in them now - the only place where you ever used to get changed in a large common area was fitting rooms in clothes shopping and even they all have cubicles now and are often gender neutral spaces now. Places like cafes, restaurants, swimming pools - they have always had shared gender facilities for as long as I've known them. This as an argument is completely stupid tbh, because its barely an issue anymore. 

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I never understood this whole outrage of using women only spaces tbh. They nearly all have cubicles in them now - the only place where you ever used to get changed in a large common area was fitting rooms in clothes shopping and even they all have cubicles now and are often gender neutral spaces now. Places like cafes, restaurants, swimming pools - they have always had shared gender facilities for as long as I've known them. This as an argument is completely stupid tbh, because its barely an issue anymore. 

Nor do I but I'm not one of the hundreds of thousands of women in Scotland who've been raped or sexually/physically abused during their lifetime, who knows how many of them just simply avoid places like that due to fear. 

20 minutes ago, Pato said:

If you're going to go all theory of utility on this subject then this leads to full segregation of men and women everywhere. If the aim is to have the biggest impact on reducing sexual assaults. Is that the aim?

I'll just be reading to make my own mind up on the issue, my voting intentions will have nowt to do with this issue, I will only vote SNP1 if I feel there's a genuine desire for independence on their part, as of yet I'm less than convinced. 

1 hour ago, Pato said:

If you're going to go all theory of utility on this subject then this leads to full segregation of men and women everywhere. If the aim is to have the biggest impact on reducing sexual assaults. Is that the aim?

The bampot believes that the existence of women's toilets and changing rooms reduces women's risk of rape or sexual assault. Given that Rape Crisis Scotland and Women's Aid both disagree, I jst don't know who to believe.

If he wants to reduce rape and sexual assault, maybe he should believe women when they say they have been sexually assaulted and there is no evidence to show they're lying. 

If anyone was ever in doubt that Alba is a vehicle for bigots that just happen to support independence, have a look at #AskHumza on Twitter.

It never fails to amaze me how riled some people get over issues that will literally never effect them.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

The bampot believes that the existence of women's toilets and changing rooms reduces women's risk of rape or sexual assault. Given that Rape Crisis Scotland and Women's Aid both disagree, I jst don't know who to believe.

If he wants to reduce rape and sexual assault, maybe he should believe women when they say they have been sexually assaulted and there is no evidence to show they're lying. 

No this bampot believes a lot of women don't feel comfortable having their facilities utilised by those that they perceive as men. 

Which women is this I've to believe that were sexually assaulted? 

Edited by ayrmad

53 minutes ago, Paco said:

If anyone was ever in doubt that Alba is a vehicle for bigots that just happen to support independence, have a look at #AskHumza on Twitter.

It never fails to amaze me how riled some people get over issues that will literally never effect them.

It's more disappointing that women feel they need to respond in that manner to get answers from an elected representative. 

That just sums up Nicola' SNP. 

Edited by ayrmad

53 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

No this bampot believes a lot of women don't feel comfortable having their facilities utilised by those that they perceive as men. 

I'm sure some women 20 years ago were saying that they didn't feel comfortable having these facilities used by lesbians or bisexual women either but a society shouldn't be governed by the whims of people who are motivated by prejudice regardless of the reasons for holding them.

24 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's more disappointing that women feel they need to respond in that manner to get answers from an elected representative. 

Women can be bigots.

Edited by NotThePars

23 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I'm sure some women 20 years ago were saying that they didn't feel comfortable having these facilities used by lesbians or bisexual women either but a society shouldn't be governed by the whims of people who are motivated by prejudice regardless of the reasons for holding them.

Women can be bigots.

I'll not know which women are bigots because this issue doesn't appear to be debated whenever I watch/listen. 

It's definitely possible to suddenly declare you self ID as a woman, just like that. It's definitely that easy and it is definitely instantly accepted. If a man gets arrested and says "I identify as a woman!" they are definitely instantly believed and transferred to a women's prison, and allowed free reign of the place.

It's definitely not massively insulting to those who genuinely have struggled for years with identifying with the sex/gender they were assigned at birth, and such lazy, crass bullshit definitely isn't transphobic.

Male sex offenders are also definitely deterred by a marking on a door from sexually assaulting women, like some sort of ancient, mythical, magical symbol that means they cannot cross a doorway. Male sex offenders definitely will go to some sort of mad, elaborate lengths to defeat these magic symbols barring their entrance to a toilet, because being sex offenders they definitely have some sort of an idea of rules or conscience.

The people spouting nonsense about self ID and toilets definitely have the interests of women at heart and that is definitely their only concern about the 'issue'. Such tactics definitely haven't been used before regarding similar rights issues for select groups of people.

Edited by DA Baracus