Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I could have been tempted to vote for them as I think I still actually quite like Alex Salmond and I am in the North East.  However, I suspect I still like the Alex Salmond of old and not the one continually taking the Scottish Government to court.  Their endorsement by Wings is a step too far though as again, here is someone who was good for the cause of Independence who has almost made a 180 degree about turn and in my view is now a blocker of the independence cause.

I like the Greens and I believe they may become one of the mainstream parties soon....certainly fourth place but challenging the two main Unionist parties for second place (maybe not this election though)  I work in offshore renewables and like a lot of their policies......oh and their anti-monarchist stance this week has been pleasing to see.  So they will get my list vote.

35 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Here's a prediction for you - if and when indyref2 happens, potentially Salmond but definitely wings will be advocates of voting no.

Quite possible.  There was that Tweet from the Ghanian Tourist Board (apparently the pretendy Reverend) a few weeks ago that just said "F**k Independence" Anyone know if that was real?

I have the occasional look at Wings but soon get bored and depressed in equal measures with all the anti-SNP anti-Sturgeon nonsense.  Many advocating spoiling their constituency vote - eh....what supporter of Independence wouild do that?

Can't imagine Salmond advocating a NO vote....nah.....the man in Bath with no vote I could see doing that but not Alex.

10 minutes ago, Pato said:

I have a similar feeling about Alba as I did about brexit before it happened. I was certain we'd vote to remain and had a lot of fun taking the piss out of them. I don't feel like Alba have the same operation and effectiveness on facebook etc but then I'm maybe wrong on that too.

Heart says they embarrass themselves and get nothing, head says they get someone in and that drives a lot of low quality journalism for the next parliamentary cycle.

Can't see why Alba getting someone in would suddenly improve the standard of journalism. 

2 hours ago, Pato said:

no the opposite. We need a long stretch of political journalists actually doing some work reading and analysing policy instead of covering ALICSAMMINSAIDWHAT?

You'll find that I was implying that the level of journalism was below that of low quality. 

10 hours ago, Pato said:

I have a similar feeling about Alba as I did about brexit before it happened. I was certain we'd vote to remain and had a lot of fun taking the piss out of them. I don't feel like Alba have the same operation and effectiveness on facebook etc but then I'm maybe wrong on that too.

Heart says they embarrass themselves and get nothing, head says they get someone in and that drives a lot of low quality journalism for the next parliamentary cycle.

I assume McKenna, Riddoch and MacWhirter have done Alba are good actually pieces already. I try not to look any more 

Just filled in my postal vote. Sorry, Alba it’s not you, it’s me.

Actually, it is you. You mental flag-waving c***s. That video with the Angus MacFadyen voiceover would have anyone’s toes curling.

SNP1 ALBA2

Thought about the Greens then remember them running a vanity candidate in Edinburgh Central at the 2016 election. Result was Ruth Davidson winning by a few votes. 

The Greens are standing in 12 constituencies. Alba are encouraging folk to vote SNP1 in every constituency.

The #BothVotesSNP crowd are entitled to their view as well. Bewildering as it is when looking at the last election, but that is up to them to explain if the majority does not happen again.

59 minutes ago, wirez said:

SNP1 ALBA2

Thought about the Greens then remember them running a vanity candidate in Edinburgh Central at the 2016 election. Result was Ruth Davidson winning by a few votes. 

The Greens are standing in 12 constituencies. Alba are encouraging folk to vote SNP1 in every constituency.

The #BothVotesSNP crowd are entitled to their view as well. Bewildering as it is when looking at the last election, but that is up to them to explain if the majority does not happen again.

You says this about the greens  as if alba are being extremely collegiate with the snp. 

Their supporters that I've read have been tearing strips off the snp. And many of them spent 8 weeks or so cheering with tories for Sturgeon's head. So I'd say pointing out the greens are standing in a handful of constituencies alongside snp doesn't make them the big bad wolfs you're suggesting. 

Edited by madwullie

7 minutes ago, madwullie said:

You says this about the greens  as if alba are being extremely collegiate with the snp. 

Their supporters that I've read have been tearing strips off the snp. And many of them spent 8 weeks or so cheering with tories for Sturgeon's head. So I'd say pointing out the greens are standing in a handful of constituencies alongside snp doesn't make them the big bad wolfs you're suggesting. 

Who cares what random (I'll assume) twitter users have been saying? Really, who gives a shite?

I don't consider the Greens "big bad wolves". They are a political party on their own merit.

They have and will stand in seats being contested by the SNP. That is a fact. As they are entitled to do.

Same reason I won't vote for them on the list.

26 minutes ago, wirez said:

Who cares what random (I'll assume) twitter users have been saying? Really, who gives a shite?

I don't consider the Greens "big bad wolves". They are a political party on their own merit.

They have and will stand in seats being contested by the SNP. That is a fact. As they are entitled to do.

Same reason I won't vote for them on the list.

Well tbh, given AS's apparent silence, that is how I am exposed to Alba voters - through reading bile towards the snp. Most of them seem to have a however justified hatred towards. NS and the SNP. They certainly don't come across as natural allies - and recent behaviour hardly marks them out as potential parliamentary allies either 

My point was I don't see the fact that the greens will stand candidates in some constituencies immediately marks them as enemies of the snp, whereas Alba voters' actual chat makes them seem that way.

10 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Well tbh, given AS's apparent silence, that is how I am exposed to Alba voters - through reading bile towards the snp. Most of them seem to have a however justified hatred towards. NS and the SNP. They certainly don't come across as natural allies - and recent behaviour hardly marks them out as potential parliamentary allies either 

My point was I don't see the fact that the greens will stand candidates in some constituencies immediately marks them as enemies of the snp, whereas Alba voters' actual chat makes them seem that way.

The bile works both ways. Christ, just look at this thread and the idiotic "spat the dummy oot the pram" type poll attached?

By all means vote Green, I might still when I see polling closer to the election. But if anything else, I hope Alba is a wake up call to the both votes SNP folk.

6 hours ago, madwullie said:

Actual opposition from a party that supports Independence.  What's not to like?