Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye, especially so when it looks pretty coordinated. If it was just some roaster making a speech y'day could be an anomaly, but wings putting out his muck the same day (whether he's pretending to not have known in advance or not) would suggest not 

Wings doesn't know how to do anything else tbf. Useless having him there if you want a charm offensive. The man is physically, mentally and intellectually repugnant.

On 09/04/2021 at 20:23, Stinky Bone said:

How in the actual f**k is the SNP going to deliver OUR need for Independence. You tell me, because it is looking unlikely. 

Signing off food on the go but will reply  later.

Obtain a sizeable parliamentary majority to force the UK government to accept the mandate for a referendum, hold a legal referendum as recognised by UK and EU governments and allow people in Scotland to vote for independence.

Not sure how Alba are going to help any with that. Be as well just voting SNP/Green it takes care of itself.

Have they just looked at the relative success of the Scottish Tories in recent years with their ‘stop IndyRef2’ message and thought ‘f**k it, who needs policies’?

I suppose there probably are people who care about independence above all, and who are happy to work out the minutiae that leads to a good quality of life at a later date.

It’s a bold strategy.

Edited by Scary Bear

Not trawled through the whole thread but from what I have seen it's a bit of an eye opener. Especially from folk that were basically worshipping Salmond on here in 2014.

Sleepy cuddles? Wit?

Would Salmond have been a good ally to Nicola before he demanded an enquiry into the Scot Gov's handling?

If it came down to choosing a party because if their morals we wouldn't have any to vote for, maybe apart from the greens.

Every party has had a wrong un in their ranks. Was Salmond even found guilty of anything?

SNP will be getting my 1st vote, my list vote will be for another indy party. Most likely the greens, even though they would despise me as I drive a diesel car.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Not trawled through the whole thread but from what I have seen it's a bit of an eye opener. Especially from folk that were basically worshipping Salmond on here in 2014.

Sleepy cuddles? Wit?

Would Salmond have been a good ally to Nicola before he demanded an enquiry into the Scot Gov's handling?

If it came down to choosing a party because if their morals we wouldn't have any to vote for, maybe apart from the greens.

Every party has had a wrong un in their ranks. Was Salmond even found guilty of anything?

SNP will be getting my 1st vote, my list vote will be for another indy party. Most likely the greens, even though they would despise me as I drive a diesel car.

You'd think most people would think like that but this place isn't very open minded with that one. 

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

You've posted this on the thread where the last 5 or so pages have been dominated by a party candidate repeatedly asserting LGBT organisations are advocating paedophilia without censure from her party. In fact, her party have actually attempted to support her claims. 

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I started reading catch up on page 32, but gave up and jumped to here. Have I missed anything important?

Alba party candidate equating being LGBTQ+ with Paedophilia, to deafening silence from the party itself, would be the main thing.

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Alba party candidate equating being LGBTQ+ with Paedophilia, to deafening silence from the party itself, would be the main thing.

No no they've actually supported it.

From this article - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/alba-candidate-margaret-lynchs-age-of-consent-claims-dangerous-says-stonewall-n09t59dpm

"Lynch’s allegation was expanded upon by Stuart Campbell, the founder of the Wings Over Scotland website, a nationalist blog, who claimed “the only possible interpretation of ‘end the criminalisation of adolescents’ sexuality’ is a reduction in the age of consent to ten years old” as the World Health Organisation defines adolescents as people aged 10 to 19.

Campbell claimed “there is simply no interpretation possible other than that they’re calling for a reduction in the age of consent” as the IWHC does not specify its definition of “adolescent"

In a statement, an Alba spokesman said Margaret Lynch was “highlighting concerns that ILGA World – the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association are currently campaigning to eliminate all laws and policies…that limit the exercise of bodily autonomy, including laws limiting legal capacity of adolescents…to provide consent to sex” and to “end the criminalisation and stigmatization of adolescents’ sexuality.

“The organisations referenced have both signed up to this demand, and both have received substantial amounts of government funding.

“These are reputable organisations that make a positive impact on the lives of many in Scotland. If the organisations do not support what they have signed up to it is for them to say or provide clarification, it is not for women that attended our women’s conference to defend concerns that women have raised based on fact.”

The SNP of yesteryear talked up fighting "a Winning campaign" during the Falkirk West by-election to try to tap into the Section 28 backlash kicked up by a certain now deceased rabble rousing cleric and a former bus driver who at times has been one of their main financial donors. The low lifes that would go along with that sort of thing without complaint figure prominently amongst the older cohort of SNP activists that have been joining the Alba party.