Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Last seen as @Fide. Had suffered from cancer over the past few years so don't want to speculate beyond that. 

Oh shit! Any of the Killie fans know him?  :shutup

I'm sure we had a thread for checking in on MIA posters. I see @welshbairn hasn't been by in a couple of months now. Very tempted to give him the full mum "we've been worried sick" guilt trip when he returns.

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Oh shit! Any of the Killie fans know him?  :shutup

I'm sure we had a thread for checking in on MIA posters. I see @welshbairn hasn't been by in a couple of months now. Very tempted to give him the full mum "we've been worried sick" guilt trip when he returns.

Did Welshbairn not say he was going to totally avoid the internet for a month or two, but would be back?

6 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Did Welshbairn not say he was going to totally avoid the internet for a month or two, but would be back?

Hope so.

Won't be coming back with any debauched nightclub tales, sadly.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Alba have got more hope of getting a list MSP in Glasgow, West and Central Scotland regions than the SNP. And the Greens have much better prospects than both. 

'Both votes SNP' is the idiot found mantra in large parts of the Central Belt then. 

I didn't say anything about both votes SNP at all.  In fact, as I'm in Dundee, I'll probably vote Green on the list.  Alba is a (apparently homophobic) dead end.

Edited by Baxter Parp

10 hours ago, ayrmad said:

You will not find a single post where I've said I'll vote Alba, it's clowns like yourself that should be using forums like this to guide people on their 2nd vote as it wouldn't look good if Sturgeon & Co came out like DRoss, instead you just post like a brainwashed moron.

You've done everything you can to not give a straight answer to straight questions, mate.  What is one supposed to make of the likes of you?

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I didn't say anything about both votes SNP at all.  In fact, as I'm in Dundee, I'll probably vote Green on the list.  Alba is a (apparently homophobic) dead end

I won't criticise your second vote choice and will probably do likewise. But in terms of the hard sums, Alba is not a dead end in terms of representation on the second vote - at least not yet. So long as they're within margin of error of the 6% needed for a diddy party list seat then they have a chance of representing votes otherwise lost through the voting system, which is their entire M.O. The lack of any regional polling breakdown means they could win seats in stronger/more favourable regions while not performing elsewhere. The evidence is rarely strong enough to work out how well any list diddy parties will do.

The 'not yet' however points to my suspicion that the Alba party's failure to follow up on their Week 1 publicity with any notable business might land them with a 1-2% polling average in the near future. At that point, all of the above would become academic. 

Edited by vikingTON

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

The 'not yet' however points to my suspicion that the Alba party's failure to follow up on their Week 1 publicity with any notable business might land them with a 1-2% polling average in the near future. At that point, all of the above would become academic. 

You should also consider the Salmond Issue.

"Just 11% think Mr Salmond mainly has Scotland’s best interests at heart, while 65% think he has his own."

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19218255.new-poll-snp-course-outright-majority-alba-fails-win-seat/

I think they're right and Alba is a very dead end.

In his private moments, I wonder if Eck has enough self-awareness to see that this fall from grace has been entirely self-inflicted, or if there's a big book of b*****ds being scribbled in every night that would rival John Major's.

49 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

I apologise for my posts last night. I caused offense to many but I did not mean to. 

I have asked to have my account deleted so that I am no longer able to post here. 

For what it is worth, I certainly don't agree with that tweet that says transgender people are paedophiles. 

Sorry for causing offense. Best wishes and good luck to you all. 

Fair fucks mate. If that's what you need to do. Appreciate you being big enough to say that no matter how much I disagree with you

Read a twitter thread or two on this issue this morning. The alba folk really come across as a nasty, spiteful bunch. Shades of trumpian rhetoric and everything is a conspiracy. Firmly doubling down too, although they can't seem to agree what it is that they are doubling down on. 

5 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

I apologise for my posts last night. I caused offense to many but I did not mean to. 

I have asked to have my account deleted so that I am no longer able to post here. 

For what it is worth, I certainly don't agree with that tweet that says transgender people are paedophiles. 

Sorry for causing offense. Best wishes and good luck to you all. 

No need to brother. Things can get a bit headed but no need to hold grudges or that. Take care.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Read a twitter thread or two on this issue this morning. The alba folk really come across as a nasty, spiteful bunch. Shades of trumpian rhetoric and everything is a conspiracy. Firmly doubling down too, although they can't seem to agree what it is that they are doubling down on. 

It's bizarre as well since the policy is superficially to complement the SNP vote which would surely involve trying to emphasise the list SNP vote disappearing into the void rather than attacking the party directly.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

It's bizarre as well since the policy is superficially to complement the SNP vote which would surely involve trying to emphasise the list SNP vote disappearing into the void rather than attacking the party directly.

Aye, especially so when it looks pretty coordinated. If it was just some roaster making a speech y'day could be an anomaly, but wings putting out his muck the same day (whether he's pretending to not have known in advance or not) would suggest not