Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

So the SNP have done exactly what you wanted but you're voting Alba because....?

No, they've asked and been hunted. 

I'll vote for who I think returns the best result for independence, I certainly won't be voting SNP 2.

Edited by ayrmad

9 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Can you provide a link showing that this was a recent and prevailing opinion in the SNP?

Why would I need to provide a link? The SNP's record in government speaks for itself. 

2016-2021: Majority support for a second referendum at Holyrood? Yes. 

Number of government bills for a second referendum - zero.

The idea that this would have been any different had the SNP 65 seats instead of 63 is utterly ridiculous. We know the SNP's reasoning for not going for a referendum yet and it has absolutely, literally nothing to do with not having the numbers in Holyrood to support it.

Swing and a miss then. 

Edited by vikingTON

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Why would I need to provide a link? The SNP's record in government speaks for itself. 

2016-2021: Majority support for a second referendum at Holyrood? Yes. 

Number of government bills for a second referendum - zero.

https://www.snp.org/scottish-independence-referendum-bill-what-you-need-to-know/

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2020/2/contents/enacted

Hope this helps.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

We know the SNP's reasoning for not going for a referendum

Really? Do tell.

Swing and a miss then. 

Aw, that's your favourite!

Edited by Baxter Parp

14 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

You clearly have problems with basic English comprehension, if you think that those in any way disprove the previous statements.

We claim the right to set a referendum whenever the SP wants ≠ actually setting a second referendum in motion. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

You clearly have problems with basic English comprehension, if you think that those in any way disprove the previous statements.

We claim the right to set a referendum whenever the SP wants ≠ actually setting a second referendum in motion. 

Who is "we" and when should the second referendum have been set in motion?

17 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

f**k me, they don't have a plan, you don't have a clue and you're stupidly happy about it.

What will SNP 2 get us other than a Unionist representative in most areas of Scotland, you need to think for yourself for a change. 

Just now, ayrmad said:

What will SNP 2 get us other than a Unionist representative in most areas of Scotland, you need to think for yourself for a change. 

You need to make sense for a change. You're voting Alba despite having no plan, no clue and probably no hope of any MSPs.

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

You need to make sense for a change. You're voting Alba despite having no plan, no clue and probably no hope of any MSPs.

You will not find a single post where I've said I'll vote Alba, it's clowns like yourself that should be using forums like this to guide people on their 2nd vote as it wouldn't look good if Sturgeon & Co came out like DRoss, instead you just post like a brainwashed moron.

7 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

Had to Google freeman on the land.  No, I am not one of them.  Just trying to assert my right under international law to self determination.

Again, you share the same rhetoric and inability to explain how you intend to pursue your rights, as you see them.

Their approach loses every single time, by the way. Literally every time.

6 hours ago, ayrmad said:

What is this clear route because it certainly wasn't clear what she hoped to achieve the last time with her shoulder shrug. 

Salmond won't always be at the head of Alba but it's what was needed for a new Indy party to step forward. 

I'm YES till I pop but like many many other Yessers I don't like the only show in town. 

For about the millionth time, please explain the difference between Alba and the SNP, other than the ones that everyone suspects are the most important (no bloody woman in charge, and genital inspection).

Although, in your case, the most important aspect is that voting for Alba is the contrary option, is it not?

2 hours ago, ayrmad said:

You will not find a single post where I've said I'll vote Alba, it's clowns like yourself that should be using forums like this to guide people on their 2nd vote as it wouldn't look good if Sturgeon & Co came out like DRoss, instead you just post like a brainwashed moron.

Who are you voting for out of interest? 

1 minute ago, G51 said:
There’s yer Alba Party

...aaaand there it is.

The folk who spent the Eighties trying to equate homosexuality with rape and paedophilia are still with us; they just got fed up being told to GTF by everyone else. Now that they've found a new subset to lie about, and it's the exactly self-same schtick that's being pedalled.

Thought so at the time, but the lad who used to love posting on here about individual cases of Trans people being sexual deviants would absolutely have been doing the same thing about "the queers" thirty years ago, and will find another set of not-normals to libel in the same way once society has moved on from this bullshit.

32 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Thought so at the time, but the lad who used to love posting on here about individual cases of Trans people being sexual deviants would absolutely have been doing the same thing about "the queers" thirty years ago, and will find another set of not-normals to libel in the same way once society has moved on from this bullshit.

Yeah, nah, there's still poster(s) on this thread who were doing that shit as recently as the last year or two.

32 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

The ALBA party is the only political party that I can trust at the moment to have Independence first and foremost.  

So indy first and foremost and calling gay and trans people paedos just as a wee 'oh meant to say btw mate' 

24 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Hardly a millionth time, not even once you have asked my opinion on the difference between SNP and ALBA.  However, I will give my opinion.  ALBA have confirmed that Independence is their priority. not identity politics.

I never said I'd asked you, although I may have. It's been asked on here so often that it's becoming a meme. Crickets from you until now.

The bit in bold is especially hilarious today, as Alba whip off the mask and demonstrate their main complaint with the SNP is that they refuse to get wired into the hated minority.

26 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

FFS.

Oh, I think we'd all really like to see you elaborate on this sentiment.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Yeah, nah, there's still poster(s) on this thread who were doing that shit as recently as the last year or two.

Oh, probably. I was just thinking of the one who shitposted entire pages of links to stories about Trans people doing bad things whenever they were mentioned. I'm inclined to blame Peppo, but that's true of everything.

I'm not sure what's worse; the idea that they would spent their time furiously Googling "evil tranny perverts" whenever the subject came up, or kept a file of links saved for such occasions.