Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Watching Salmond square off against Galloway would have been box office material when both were in their prime.

Now?

oh no sigh GIF by BBC

I remember watching Andrew Marr just before the 2014 referendum. They had George Galloway and Tommy Sheridan on with opposing views. I had my head in my hands, the last two people you would have making either argument. Galloway v Salmond could be right up there with that! 🙈

They had Galloway debating Sillars before the 2014 referendum.

That was the one with his then persona of "Anyone with any braincells" would vote to stay in the EU.

Man is a charlatan roaster.

45 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I remember watching Andrew Marr just before the 2014 referendum. They had George Galloway and Tommy Sheridan on with opposing views. I had my head in my hands, the last two people you would have making either argument. Galloway v Salmond could be right up there with that! 🙈

They also had Galloway and Peter Hitchens on once to debate the Russian Revolution and its merits on the 100th centenary. One of the most momentous moments of history discussed by they two dafties.

I can't remember if it was on this thread or the other one talking about campaign finance. In that vein, I see Alba have setup a crowd funder for their election campaign. £50k target, they're at c.£19k as I type this. It's been active since the 2nd.

I've spoken about it before, but me and my old flatmate used to enjoy sparking a few cans and watching Galloway rip innumerable fresh arseholes for the US Senate on repeat after the Iraq war. The sheer weight of the balls on the guy even turning up in the first place ffs. Absolutely fantastic viewing. 

Makes me feel utterly clatty now looking back on it. A beyond momentous performance completely ruined by the sycophantic shape-shifting caricature the c**t has become. 

Edited by madwullie

8 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I've spoken about it before, but me and my old flatmate used to enjoy sparking a few cans and watching Galloway rip innumerable fresh arseholes for the US Senate on repeat after the Iraq war. The sheer weight of the balls on the guy even turning up in the first place ffs. Absolutely fantastic viewing. 

Makes me feel utterly clatty now looking back on it. A beyond momentous performance completely ruined by the sycophantic shape-shifting caricature the c**t has become. 

Watch it again, it's not all that you might remember.

On 30/03/2021 at 13:22, Stormzy said:

You can ask all you want but that doesn't mean I'll listen to you you moron.

Well that doesn't explain how you do about 20 all at the same time does it?

You're lying through your teeth, you do it every couple of days and it's obvious to see, you're either using the search function or you're opening a lot of tabs at the same time. 

Your brain stimulates you by clicking red dots against my posts, you probably feel class when you do it too, I'm flattered but it feels a wee bit too close to stalker type behaviour tbh. You can say it's weird that I notice you do this all you want but it's blatantly weirder that you do it. I've never went to that extent with a random on a forum as it's just obsessive and unhealthy.

You've tried 3 times to act as if I'm against anti-racism, I've explained I disliked your post because it was you that did it, not because of the content. 

20210407_112846.thumb.jpg.526d943b93ee3688e4e946861a4e2d90.jpg

lol

21 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Yes I just clicked on your profile and red dotted your recent posts. What's the story? 

Screenshot_20210330-165453_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210330-165440_Chrome.jpg

Why follow the example of those dotting, they are pathetic sad individuals who need that wee spree to make them feel better. 

It is quite annoying having notification after notification sprawling across what you're reading but at least you know they're not bothered. 

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Might just vote for Alba on list...things need shaken up a bit tbh. Independence isn't just about SNP and other voices need to be heard. So SNP/Alba or Green.

Might be worth waiting to see what other policies they have? Given the nick of some of their candidates, I can see there being some objectionable stuff in there. 

On 24/03/2021 at 09:23, John Lambies Doos said:

Salmond has now lost all credibility. He's admitted to being touchy feely plus his ego has just been independently batted away. I genuinely feel sorry for what he's become as he was a great leader who moved the independence cause. Best thing he could do now is just shut the f*uk up.

41 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Might just vote for Alba on list...things need shaken up a bit tbh. Independence isn't just about SNP and other voices need to be heard. So SNP/Alba or Green.

Factoring in there's about 4 weeks to the election you've got to imagine there's two more swings to come and it's looking for big Eck!

Factoring in there's about 4 weeks to the election you've got to imagine there's two more swings to come and it's looking for big Eck!
Tbh, I stand by my Salmond comments, I'm looking at the process here, not the person. I'm a member of the SNP and they will undoubtedly get my constituency vote but my fear is there are clearly internal issues within SNP as this has been caused by left to right beliefs being held together by the independence cause. Perhaps another independence party might not be a bad thing going forward. Appreciate it will cause issues in a FPTP system as it will dilute vote but not sure there will be many more of them for our nation.

1 hour ago, Pato said:

What things do you think need shaken up?

The SNP need a boot up the arse on a number of issues - most notably education, land ownership and housing, as well as their general snobbery towards football and puritan attitudes around alcohol. Alex Salmond is certainly not the man to shake them up on any of those though.