Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

Not even a week old and Alba already has more MPs than Scottish Labour, more members than the Lib Dems and  25 pages on how irrelevant they are...  

I don't think anyone is saying they're irrelevant. Most of the 25 pages are abusing them or laughing at them, both of which are fair enough.

I don't believe they have more paid-up members than the Lib Dems anyway, but even if they do, they're still polling at less than half the Lib Dems.

I don't think anyone is saying they're irrelevant. Most of the 25 pages are abusing them or laughing at them, both of which are fair enough.
I don't believe they have more paid-up members than the Lib Dems anyway, but even if they do, they're still polling at less than half the Lib Dems.
The "I signed up 62 neighbours" posts on Twitter are just utter Mittys.

18 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

Not even a week old and Alba already has more MPs than Scottish Labour, more members than the Lib Dems and  25 pages on how irrelevant they are...  

The SDP nicked 28 MPs on launch and lost almost all of them at the first ballot. Also, the membership of P&B outnumbers the Lib Dems exponentially.

Not sure what to take from that, other than Eck still has some personal friends, but has an awful lot of work on his hands, considering he's now almost universally disliked by the people he has to convince.

23 hours ago, betting competition said:

First poll is a disaster for the Alba Party. 

It may help if they tell folk what their policies are. Although to be fair, if they want to hook folk their first policy will need to be ‘give everyone in the country £10k’. Even then, to get the message to the masses Salmond will probably have to tell the press he wants to talk about sleepy cuddles and then slip it in there. 

I know this keeps being mentioned, but who the f**k is still voting for the Lib Dems? Did they set up some kind of autorenewal postal vote system or something?

1 minute ago, Stinky Bone said:

Why would our First Minister say that a referendum will be held when the pandemic is over but also claim Scotland needs to be Independent to recover from the pandemic. 

Probably because the pandemic is going to take at least a decade to recover from?

Just a guess at the obvious answer. You might want to ask her yourself.

I honestly don't know.  From our current government I would have expected some sort of plan, something that would be proactive towards gaining our Independence. Not the constant carrot dangling. 
If the SNP have a plan, then please share it, if you know what that plan is, because it is being kept secret from members of the party. 
And if I might ask this question?
Why would our First Minister say that a referendum will be held when the pandemic is over but also claim Scotland needs to be Independent to recover from the pandemic. 
Why would she say something like that?

What's Alba's plan?

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I know this keeps being mentioned, but who the f**k is still voting for the Lib Dems? Did they set up some kind of autorenewal postal vote system or something?

Probably 40+ people who don’t really like politics, aren’t that interested, but feel they should vote (just to show they still exist) but don’t want to rock the boat too much, or vote for anyone too horrible. The cuddly lib-dems.

11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Probably 40+ people who don’t really like politics, aren’t that interested, but feel they should vote (just to show they still exist) but don’t want to rock the boat too much, or vote for anyone too horrible. The cuddly lib-dems.

Cyril Smith was pretty cuddly, TBF.

Aye, I presume they've just not been paying attention for...well, their entire life.

12 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Politics and narcissism are never a good mix, eventually never ends well.

I'm not sure. I think it played a big part in getting the Yes vote as high as he did from the starting position it had.

It's when you add the bitterness that it becomes a problem.

Staggering that some folk still haven't connected SNP desire for devolution, with their hatred toward other Pro Independence parties. 

You realise that sentence makes no sense?

Maybe not.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You realise that sentence makes no sense?

Maybe not.

I was literally about to say the same thing.

Maybe if we sleep on it?

Just now, Stinky Bone said:

But why would we have to be independent first to recover from the pandemic, but not have our referendum until after it? 

Jesus...are you actually thinking she meant that we shouldn't have a referendum until the country has totally recovered from the effects of the pandemic?

As I said, I'm not Nicola Sturgeon, so you might want to ask her for clarification on that. Just prepare to be looked at like there's something wrong with you.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

It's funny how you keep saying that as though you think people with poor judgement realise, but stick with their decisions anyway  :lol:

I bet Hitler thought he was bang on about...well, everything.

(#godwin)

I'm stick to thinking for myself. 

Edited by ayrmad

57 minutes ago, BFTD said:

One of my neighbours delivers leaflets for the Lib Dems, and he seems like a really, really strange guy.

So, I assume it’s a load of absolute weirdos who still vote for them.

Yes. For 5 years I have been promised at LEAST ACTION on a referendum. 

What do I have. Nothing.

What does that have to do with the pandemic?

Have a cup of tea, collect your thoughts, then come back to us. You're not making a lot of sense.