Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The first poll with Alba in it and some soc media research doesn't make good reading for SexPest Salmond and his party of bams.

The Survation poll, carried out exclusively for DC Thomson, found the former first minister’s pro-independence party, Alba Party, to be seriously lagging behind the other major parties – with only 3% of Scots saying they would offer support at the ballot box.
The poll also returned some eyebrow-raising results for Mr Salmond himself, with 71% of Scots saying they viewed the former SNP boss unfavourably – by far the worst result for any mainstream political leader in the UK.

https://archive.is/Haims

Alba supporters also aren’t rallying around their leader in large numbers. Alex Salmond’s official Facebook page has only had an average of 604 daily interactions. In fact, when you look at the responses to Salmond’s launch of Alba on Facebook we see more negative than positive responses.
Out of the top 50 comments on Salmond’s post about Alba, 46 of them express negative sentiments, with many independence supporters criticizing the former FM for ‘sabotaging the independence movement’ and ‘continuing to undermine independence’. Others suggest Salmond has ‘an ego the size of Ben Nevis’, and they describe Alba as the ‘best thing that’s happened to the Tories in years’. Positive comments about Alba, or Salmond, are few and far between.

https://archive.is/lChQL

Edited by Crùbag

17 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

The first poll with Alba in it and some soc media research doesn't make good reading for SexPest Salmond and his party of bams.

There was a time not that long ago when Sarah Smith would have gleefully delivered that verbatim to camera, to open one of her "impartial" pieces on Reporting Scotland.  

Sadly for her the SNP are still on course for a thumping victory. Unlucky.

20210323_164005.jpg

1 hour ago, tirso said:

Not a brilliant start .  Although it is early .

If it was any less than 3 you'd pack it in but feel there's probably enough scope to get them to 6.   

Needs on a tv debate or something to change to shift this.

Alba Party away to complain to ofcom and also the broadcasters to see if they can get included in the TV debate

Alba Party away to complain to ofcom and also the broadcasters to see if they can get included in the TV debate
They are unlikely to get far with that.

Ofcom will say its up to the editorial policy of the broadcasters and won't interfere.

The broadcasters will ignore them.

Kirkcaldy already happily voted for an anti-Semite despite his own party disavowing him maybe Salmond is banking on Scotland supporting bigotry. Watch the anti-Traveller candidate carry him and his party comrades to a rout on the list.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They are unlikely to get far with that.

Ofcom will say its up to the editorial policy of the broadcasters and won't interfere.

The broadcasters will ignore them.

Ofcom weren't bothered when a TV debate at the last election only included the Conservative and Labour party leaders.

I think in Scotland you could possibly get away with the leaders of the three biggest parties, then five; after that there's literally no chance anyone else could force their way in, least of all a party formed last week that has no MSPs and the only poll has them winning the same number of seats as the Rainbow Alliance Smiley Zippy Party. 

12 hours ago, betting competition said:

Maybe they could have a Division 2 debate featuring Alba, The Freedom  Alliance, Independent Green Voice, The Dekebone Roundabout Party etc...?

13 hours ago, betting competition said:

I found it quite interesting but I'm shocked at how poor their social media is. Today Salmond had a YouTube press conference but nothing on twitter to tell there followers. 

I wondered if this party was something Eck had up his sleeve for a while in case things didn't go the way he wanted with the inquiry.

It's looking more and more like something he's yanked out of his arse at the last minute in a fit of desperation. It's pretty sad to see.

30 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I wondered if this party was something Eck had up his sleeve for a while in case things didn't go the way he wanted with the inquiry.

It's looking more and more like something he's yanked out of his arse at the last minute in a fit of desperation. It's pretty sad to see.

I really don't believe this is a last minute thing regardless of what it looks like, Wings was talking about this shit a long while ago. 

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I really don't believe this is a last minute thing regardless of what it looks like, Wings was talking about this shit a long while ago. 

I do find it quite amusing when you talk about the SNP cult and being grounded in reality when you cite the StuAnon rabbit hole.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I do find it quite amusing when you talk about the SNP cult and being grounded in reality when you cite the StuAnon rabbit hole.

I read from all sides, you'll not learn much just reading everything you want to hear, the echo chamber of indyref led us all a merry dance. 

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I read from all sides, you'll not learn much just reading everything you want to hear, the echo chamber of indyref led us all a merry dance. 

As with all the QAnon lads, it's not your reading habits, but your judgement.

Always entertaining, though, so keep up the good work. Just don't storm Holyrood when the Bath Party demands it.

While it is possible that the Alba party could 'game' the system by fielding list only candidates and appeal to independence / SNP voters I actually think there is a bigger risk of missing an SNP majority. 

The list system is supposed to allow parties to win seats who have a good core of support across the region / country, but not sufficient to win FPTP seats. That being the case if the SNP get 50% of the constituency vote any 'list' votes would enable their candidates on the list to 'top up' in any areas they don't already have 50% of the seats (FPTP & List). 

With tactical voting against the SNP (which is completely legitimate of course) it is likely the SNP could still lose a number of seats they are forecast to win on 50% of the vote; East Lothian, Edinburgh Central, Edinburgh Southern, Dumbarton,  Aberdeen West, Galloway & West Dumfries, Ayr etc. being these seats where the SNP would be at risk of tactical voting despite current forecasts showing them winning due to increasing their 2016 vote share. 

This being the case, it is actually going to be v difficult for them to win a majority on the constituencies alone... without a few top up seats in Lothian, South and Highlands & Islands regions., imo.

2011 was a perfect storm of SNP winning constituency seats, but by no means sweeping the board and consequently SNP support feeling motivated to vote SNP on the list. 9 years on, I think it's probably ok for SNP voters to switch their list vote in Glasgow, West & Central regions... but in other areas the SNP list vote could be v important. 

Edited by Piehutt

26 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Not only that, but the point you made, Wings was talking about a new indy party for some time, it's not exactly a controversial statement that you made. He's pally with Salmond, it's hardly a big leap to suggest one influenced the other.

It's like the RT thing. Obviously it's Russian state propaganda, even most of the time, especially when talking about geopolitics. But to say that nothing that is ever written on it is admissible as reasonable then you end up just relying on The BBC, The Guardian, The Herald, The Daily Record, some blogger you end up missing information for thinking that the medium alone is the message

Staggering that some folk still haven't connected Stuart Campbell's desire for more Scottish independence parties with the SNP distancing themselves from Stuart Campbell.