Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This is the selfish Dawson boy that said he was happy going around spreading Covid without thought of others, cause he's young.
Best ignored tbh, even most of the unionists on this forum think he's an imbecile

Young?! I've had him down as a retiree boomer all this time.

20 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Will there be another SNP party member move to the Alba Party tomorrow just in time for Alba National Candidate Launch Event? 

Sillars for comedy effect but I'm going for another establishment bauble owner  Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh OBE

5 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Sillars for comedy effect but I'm going for another establishment bauble owner  Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh OBE

MSP for Ochil for all of 5 minutes. Beaten by a Tory in Clackmannanshire. That takes some doing.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

MSP for Ochil for all of 5 minutes. Beaten by a Tory in Clackmannanshire. That takes some doing.

She was a Tory then Labour before her damascus moment and realising she'd never get up the greasy pole going down that route and was welcomed into the SNP by AS. She shares a production company with him so I think she's a cert.

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

It's not my job to know all the routes available or all the moves to make, I'm just saying that if nowt happens this time a very large chunk of Indy supporters will just start voting for whichever party/candidate they feel will fulfil their ambitions after this election, ie 3 parties getting 20/30% of the vote and perhaps someone like the Greens getting a wee 5%+ uptick in their support. 

This is probably the most explanation you'll get for people voting Alba

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yip.

Why not just sit back and enjoy the largesse which Barnett brings as outlined by the IFS report?

Make use of the money and develop some good economic policies rather than stupid baby boxes and free tampons and the like.

There you go again with 'The working class can kiss my arse I've got the Foreman's job at last' attitude '

As well you know there are poor people in Scotland who would welcome the two items you have rubbished.

We're all Jock Tomson's Bairns, and need I remind you that there's no pockets in shrouds so you can't take it with you, better to help those who can't help themselves.

49 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

There you go again with 'The working class can kiss my arse I've got the Foreman's job at last' attitude '

As well you know there are poor people in Scotland who would welcome the two items you have rubbished.

We're all Jock Tomson's Bairns, and need I remind you that there's no pockets in shrouds so you can't take it with you, better to help those who can't help themselves.

Sandy - absolutely agree but I would prefer to give folks the right amount of benefits so that they can buy these personal items themselves.

Dignity and self respect is what I am espousing.

As usual you miss the point!

I just wish you would address the point I am making rather than go off on one.

6 hours ago, HTG said:

But I think there is a plan. If any of these elements in your image above are challenged - and they would be - and overruled, where does that leave Scotland. 

I don't believe there is an appetite for UDI. There may be among a hard core but I can't see it passing in Scotland or internationally until or unless existing processes have been worked through. 

That's my perspective and I accept It's different from yours - we'll maybe find out who is right in time. But I think your route is better adopted once we're down the line a bit. 

Before we get there, I wouldn't be completely astonished by Johnson suspending Holyrood. Which would be an absolute gift. 

we need to go through the motions to the nth degree before adopting the last resort, I agree.  Wargaming this, the only possible option if everything fails would be to declare UDI upon certain specific requisites.  I'm not saying that's where I think it'll end up.  Scotland is a slightly different case to other nations seeking independence and the UK people do consider democracy a value. 

we'd probably need to create a Yes party to stand in a Westminster election or a Holyrood election.  Probably Westminster actually given the public attention it would generate and state UDI will happen on a specific date X if more than 60%(?) vote in favour.  It would really be last resort and would have to be supported by an obvious majority.  There would have to be some civil disobedience as well if it still not agreed.    Really not a place we want to be.  if we're getting to that stage with the type of stated support, the fault clearly lies with those denying democracy.

I happen to think there's every chance Independence will become the preferred will of over 60% of people and at that point the UK would cave.