Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yip.

Why not just sit back and enjoy the largesse which Barnett brings as outlined by the IFS report?

Make use of the money and develop some good economic policies rather than stupid baby boxes and free tampons and the like.

Your last paragraph is pretty pathetic. 

41 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

No, the SNP's voting history is far more cultish than the other 2 main parties IMO. 

If you don't have a plan B if plan A doesn't work then don't use plan A. 

If that's all she's got this time then why are we all voting for an Indy majority and if she has a plan B why wasn't it used the last time.?

The line about Plan A and Plan B is yet more meaningless word salad. "If you don't have an alternative, don't try anything at all".

People will be voting for the SNP because they believe in independence, others will be voting for them because they think they're the best party to govern the country. What do you think the SNP should do differently, and who else are you going to vote for if they don't do it your way?

Edited by craigkillie

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The line about Plan A and Plan B is yet more meaningless word salad. "If you don't have an alternative, don't try anything at all".

People will be voting for a SNP because they believe in independence, others will be voting for them because they think they're the best party to govern the country. What do you think the SNP should do differently, and who else are you going to vote for if they don't do it your way?

I've not decided how I'll vote yet, I'll wait until the gloves are off and see what happens. 

22 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

No, the SNP's voting history is far more cultish than the other 2 main parties IMO. 

If you don't have a plan B if plan A doesn't work then don't use plan A. 

If that's all she's got this time then why are we all voting for an Indy majority and if she has a plan B why wasn't it used the last time.?

Plan A is request a s30 Order.

Plan B is put a Referendum Act through the Scottish Parliament and fight the inevitable challenge at the Supreme Court.

All of the suggested plan Cs from fundamentalists are destined to fail and most would make things worse. UDI would not be recognised inside or outside Scotland. Civil disobedience would scare away moderate independence supporters. An unofficial referendum would be boycotted by half the country and have no legitimacy. 

Folk like you don't want independence more than the SNP leadership. I know you think you do, but it's a conceit. You just have a... different view of reality. 

Here's what I don't get from the Alba folk. Day 1 of the new parliament, the SNP, Greens and Alba have made a majority. What happens next? Without being flippant and saying a referendum - when will it be? What form? Will they pressure Westminster first to give it the legal standing? UDI? Nobody is saying.

My feeling is that on Day 1, Alex Salmond would probably put forward legislation for a referendum almost immediately, regardless of potential success or pitfalls. And if the SNP or Greens say anything to try to take a more thought-out approach, Alba will be screeching that they're not on board. The Yes camp will be at each other's throats before the campaign even starts.

40 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Interesting. Why are baby boxes and free tampons not good policies?

It’s just so indicative of the nanny state.

Whats next? Toothpaste, toilet paper.

As I’ve said so many times, welfare should be sufficient to allow people to look after themselves.

If it’s not, then that’s a big political argument.

However, I dislike the state interfering in our lives whether it be bus passes, free tv licences, prescriptions.

If you want independence, try to learn to be independent as an individual.

12 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Not a fan of this Waffen Thin Mint/Oaksoft collaboration.

WaffenDuncanSmith.

Actually, he's more like Ron Swanson without the likeability and a totally different comedic value.

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

As I’ve said so many times, welfare should be sufficient to allow people to look after themselves.

However, I dislike the state interfering in our lives whether it be bus passes, free tv licences, prescriptions.

I think you do tend to get free toilet paper in public places.

15 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Baby boxes are extemely popular. They're supposed to give parents and babies a good start to life by providing essentials people might otherwise struggle to afford. While you can question the responsibility of the parents, you can't punish the child for being born.

The free sanitary products are tackling period poverty and is a bill introduced by a Labour MSP, unanimously backed by all parties and is nothing to do with independence or being a nanny state.

Edited by GiGi

29 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What a load of rubbish.

Nobody is arguing for toothpaste and toilet paper. You're just making that up for drama.

I'm sure your opinion on prescriptions would change pretty quick if you had to pay $300 for a months supply, and that's on top of the $400 per month for health insurance. In other words, f**k right off.

If you don't want a bus pass or TV license or prescriptions then decline them. Simple.

10 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Wiping my arse with my hand after I've been for a shite because I'm not a slave to big government and the nanny state.

When I shake hands with someone, I'm looking for a firm grip and flecks of shite underneath the finger nails. Signals to me that this person is ruggedly individual.

The sort of man who'll stick his hand up before he puts his hand out.

43 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Who are you to decide what help vulnerable women or women in poverty should, or shouldn't get?

You are either trolling, or genuinely are a misogynistic creep. Either marks you out as a staggeringly pathetic individual. 

Welfare sufficient to look after yourself, but not for luxuries like cleaning your teeth, arse, or stopping menstrual blood from seeping out on to your clothes.

f**k the diet, where's the popcorn.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Who are you to decide what help vulnerable women or women in poverty should, or shouldn't get?

You are either trolling, or genuinely are a misogynistic creep. Either marks you out as a staggeringly pathetic individual. 

I'm trying to avoid calling this boy a c**t and it's becoming increasingly difficult to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I take it that you have never stayed at a French campsite.
It brought a whole new meaning to BYO!

Japanese public toilets often also a problem for that and especially in remoter areas you can wind up faced with no option other than using one of these:

82238.jpg