Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Screen shots would clear this up...

I've just had a look and it doesn't go back very far on the mobile, I'll keep my eyes peeled for next time he does it. If you can go further on PC it will be clear as day. 

Antillion does it too, the only thing that annoys me is I come back and have 20 notifications and think "jesus what's happened here" and then it's always one of those two. 

Screenshot_20210330-123247_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Stormzy

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, ayrmad said:
I've no idea what is a viable route but I'd rather see an Alba style attempt over doing nothing as that's going nowhere, I'll continue to carp against Sturgeon as I'm not her biggest fan, an awful lot of supporters have shown a similar disdain in recent years given the 30/40k drop in membership before the recent uptick. 

Alba style attempt....which is ????

Getting 80 or 90 MSPs to try and highlight the absurdity of Westminster deciding what is or isn't good for us. 

13 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You've tried 3 times to act as if I'm against anti-racism, I've explained I disliked your post because it was you that did it, not because of the content. 

Enjoy your night pal.

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
52 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:
Kerevan and Common Weal now switching to Alba.

Is that Kerevan on his third political party now?

Are you not on your 2nd side of the independence debate. 

1 minute ago, JMDP said:

Enjoy your night pal.

I'm laughing at the fact you're now going to have to start delaying your dopamine dots otherwise it'll get screenshotted, it may be hard for you like someone giving up cigarettes but I'm sure you'll make it in the end. You're probably moments away from a burner account. 

Are you not on your 2nd side of the independence debate. 
No.

As someone who is instinctively a Federalist I spoiled my ballot in 2014.

I did not take either side.

The EU referendum and the removal of powers from the Scottish Parliament meant it was a natural progression to support independence.

The other option - supporting the one party that supposedly supports federalism - the Lib Dems - was never on given their history of cosying up to the Tories throwing their principles out the window for a few crumbs of power.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Robin McAlpine or the whole think tank? Pretty sure Craig Dalzell who does a lot of their policy wonk stuff is a Green.

51 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, ayrmad said:
I've no idea what is a viable route but I'd rather see an Alba style attempt over doing nothing as that's going nowhere, I'll continue to carp against Sturgeon as I'm not her biggest fan, an awful lot of supporters have shown a similar disdain in recent years given the 30/40k drop in membership before the recent uptick. 

Alba style attempt....which is ????

2nd time this question has been asked, once of another poster ( @pandarilla) : tumbleweeds.

What would you have done differently and how would that have gone?

Edited by madwullie

7 minutes ago, renton said:

Robin McAlpine or the whole think tank? Pretty sure Craig Dalzell who does a lot of their policy wonk stuff is a Green.

Did Robin McAlpine not out himself as an complete w****r recently? Something about asking someone if they’d been raped to prove that sexism isn’t real?

edit: it’s apparently a Craig Berry who’s joined Alba

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

15 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No.

As someone who is instinctively a Federalist I spoiled my ballot in 2014.

I did not take either side.

The EU referendum and the removal of powers from the Scottish Parliament meant it was a natural progression to support independence.

The other option - supporting the one party that supposedly supports federalism - the Lib Dems - was never on given their history of cosying up to the Tories throwing their principles out the window for a few crumbs of power.

All promises of a federal UK are hollow for me because, declining or not, if the north sea revenue comes out of the exchequer down south, England finds it harder to balance the books. Labour's promises on this are even more laughable than those to remove the House Of Lords, which they did heehaw about with a clear 13 year run at it. As you say, no one takes the Lib Dems seriously any more.

As for the topic, even as a tactical voter, I honestly don't think I could endorse this lot. The lack of infrastructure/vetting/funding which leaves you looking like a ragtag ensemble of disgruntled ex-employees has been exposed a few times already (Arthur, the hack, the launch). They'll likely sink or swim by the first set of polling - if they're hovering above or around Green/Lib Dem numbers, they'll be on the playing field with the perks of exposure that gives them, less than that and they could fizzle out. I'm almost certain Salmond will have enough votes to get in here, but not brave enough to take a wager.

16 minutes ago, madwullie said:

This takes me back to watching Neighbours in the early 90s 

You weren't out your bed early enough for the early episodes. 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Well it explains why P&B's Spiked enthusiast is on board.

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Did Robin McAlpine not out himself as an complete w****r recently? Something about asking someone if they’d been raped to prove that sexism isn’t real?

edit: it’s apparently a Craig Berry who’s joined Alba

Again if McAlpine does switch I can't imagine why he finds the Alex Salmond Alba Party a more appealing entity than the Greens.

6 minutes ago, thisal said:

I'm beginning to think Alba is SNP approved. It acts like the magnet in the bottom of your gearbox and collects all the shite that can get loose and gub your cogs.

They'll need a bigger magnet.