Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A problem with Alba is many of their supporters spent the last couple of month slavering hand in hand with p***ks like Ross, utterly desperate for NS's head, and if anything have actively damaged the cause. It's hardly the most solid foundation on which to build a solid joint effort for the same goal.

Up till now, if we are to consider the existence of "sides", they've firmly been on the other one. 

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

A problem with Alba is many of their supporters spent the last couple of month slavering hand in hand with p***ks like Ross, utterly desperate for NS's head, and if anything have actively damaged the cause. It's hardly the most solid foundation on which to build a solid joint effort for the same goal.

Up till now, if we are to consider the existence of "sides", they've firmly been on the other one. 

That's been the best bit

"Be nice to us now we should all get along"

30secs later

"Ns is satan kill her now"

1 hour ago, Andre Drazen said:

Seems par for the course for this bunch of wallopers

Any political party formed a few weeks before an election will have more than its fair share of zoomers selected as candidates.  It would be very difficult to avoid.

3 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

Alba is a list only party and has managed to shift the debate after a couple of days.  (picking up 2 MPs along the way) 

I've voted SNP for 25 years but considering giving Alba my 2nd vote - Tories and Labour have a combined 45 list seats against the SNP's 4 so if Alba can help redress that for indy parties then I'd be happy. 

That's the first I've heard of it, and it's not a good thing. Guess what happens if the SNP and Alba start fielding candidates in the same constituency? Even if Alba pick up a few percent of the vote it might be enough to lose the seat for the SNP, or vice versa.

Edited by Ralstonite

2 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

That's the first I've heard of it, and it's not a good thing. Guess what happens if the SNP and Alba start fielding candidates in the same constituency? Even if Alba pick up a few percent it might be enough to lost the seat for the SNP, or vice versa.

I believe Alba are standing only on the list. They are not in competition for the SNP seats.

The aim is to pick up the 2nd vote, which for most of Scotland is wasted on the SNP.....therebye electing more pro independence msp's

I believe Alba are standing only on the list. They are not in competition for the SNP seats.
The aim is to pick up the 2nd vote, which for most of Scotland is wasted on the SNP.....therebye electing more pro independence msp's
I think he was talking beyond this election.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
10 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Fair doos......me bad for not looking at the preceding posts👍

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
12 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Just now, git-intae-thum said:

Fair doos......me bad for not looking at the preceding posts👍

Nae bother. My point is now that MPs have defected over to Alba, will the SNP contest their seats? If so, will Alba contest the SNP's? I would imagine discussions will have taken place between Alba and the MPs before the defections happened, which is likely to sour relations between the two from the start. 

The idea behind the conception of Alba is brilliant, it really is. But, it has the potential to go horribly wrong.

36 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Salmond unashamedly going for the thick angry racist YesDa vote 😂

Hopefully this shower of shite crashes and burns in hilarious fashion. 

In normal times any one of those tweets would be enough to have the candidate dropped.

I was going to speculate on the likelihood of them having to disown one but if they don't distance themselves from that, well then, I just don't know.

Strange times, strange times.

Oh, I see he's "clarified" for us, used the some of my best friends are Romanian line so I guess it's time to move on but I do hope he's as far down the list as possible.

1 minute ago, sophia said:

In normal times any one of those tweets would be enough to have the candidate dropped.

I was going to speculate on the likelihood of them having to disown one but if they don't distance themselves from that, well then, I just don't know.

Strange times, strange times.

Oh, I see he's "clarified" for us, used the some of my best friends are Romanian line so I guess it's time to move on but I do hope he's as far down the list as possible.

This is fast becoming a Galloway-style shambles. Clown-car stuff. 

43 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Nae bother. My point is now that MPs have defected over to Alba, will the SNP contest their seats? If so, will Alba contest the SNP's? I would imagine discussions will have taken place between Alba and the MPs before the defections happened, which is likely to sour relations between the two from the start. 

The idea behind the conception of Alba is brilliant, it really is. But, it has the potential to go horribly wrong.

My the time of the next Westminster elections Salmond’s vanity project will be a distant memory.