Wrestlemania 37 Week

forameus

Just got done with night 1, and it was...pretty good I suppose.

Obviously not watching live, so switching the video on to Cole telling me there's a rain delay was utterly surreal.  Was tempted to come on here and ask just how long it ended up being, but I think they actually made quite a good fist of filling the time.  Usual shite chat from the commentators, but the promos they let everyone cut felt like they were being let off the leash a little bit.  Drew sold his frustration well, although to be honest I imagine he was just speaking as himself.  Then once the show actually started, I don't think there were any bad matches.  Tag Team Turmoil match was what it was, but at least they put it on early rather than their usual tactic of having it sit second-to-last and get completely lost.  It might be a weak match in context, but compared to where women's matches were not that long ago, it's great to see ten of them get some decent time and not be a joke.  

Bit of a pisser with Drew, I'd have liked to see him win it to make up for last year, even if Lashley took it back next month, or on RAW or whatever.  But he got to be first out in front of the crowd, and I'd imagine that's a decent reward after carrying RAW through this year.  I'd say Strowman/Shane was average, but significantly better as a spectacle and match than that sad, plodding HIAC match he had with Undertaker.  Not too long, Strowman got his shit in, Shane got to try suicide again presumably in front of his family, everyone wins.  

Main event was what it should have been too.  I've never really seen what everyone sees in Belair.  She's very impressive obviously, but never quite seen the rave reviews.  I think the strength spots were a little overdone in the match (bit of a stretching of belief that Banks would just sit on her shoulders for about an hour while she paraded her about the ring area (although fair fucking play to Banks for staying deathly still and not throwing her off balance)).  But when the little parts of the real person shine through, I like her much more.  You could see how much it meant to her at the bell before she regained her composure.  Her Da almost tossing himself over the barrier in glee.  the sheer delight.  All lovely to see, and a great way to cap off a show that has so often finished poorly in recent years.  

Roll on night 2.

49 minutes ago, forameus said:

Was tempted to come on here and ask just how long it ended up being, but I think they actually made quite a good fist of filling the time.  Usual shite chat from the commentators, but the promos they let everyone cut felt like they were being let off the leash a little bit

If that was an off-the-cuff promo from Seth btw then fair play I was laughing. Was good stuff from him. Reminded me a bit heel KO.