Wrestlemania 37 Week

forameus

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Bad Bunny is one of the biggest artists in the world and I legit wouldn’t know who he was without this angle. I feel ancient. 

I'll admit that on more than one occasion I've almost typed or called him Jive Bunny. 🤦‍♂️

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That was a cracking opener. It keeps Lashley looking like a monster while protecting Drew. They need to do Lashley vs Lesnar soon.

I think that’s a certainty for Summerslam - will Drew stay on Raw or maybe switch to Smackdown to go after Reigns? 

That was a good first night.

• Opener was fine until the finish which felt a bit underwhelming.
  • Tag turmoil was a botchfest and pointless winner. Think it would've been fine if the Riott Squad had won. They're the only established tag team and yet have won f**k all. 
  • Cesaro - Rollins was arguably best of the night. There's been a lot of justifiable scepticism for Cesaro's ability to step up given he's a bit bland on the mic but his wrestling ability is undeniable and he demonstrated that. There's a story doing the rounds that he was saving the UFO for his Wrestlemania moment and that was some shift to protect what is a class move. Kudos to Seth as well for presumably backing Cesaro to go over. Great fun.
  • Tag titles match was fine for what it was and good to see some classic New Day stuff. Was laughing at Xavier describing ring psychology to AJ and Omos looks insane. 
  • A Shane match is always going to be like this but it was funny to see the daft heir non-apparent get flung off the cage. Braun ripping the cage apart and learning from his match w/ Owens was funny.
  • Kudos to Bad Bunny who has to be in the contender for best non-combat sports celebrity performance. Guy looked heavy into the whole thing and he's now performed more moves in the squared circle than Baron Corbin has. That Puerto Rican Destroyer was goofy but it's not bad given the guy has been training for a matter of weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if they conspire to get him back sometime. Full credit to Miz and Morrison as well for taking the L. I know people get depressed about Miz's booking but I doubt he cares and the level of exposure he'll get from this will be more than worth it. Guy's a major mark as well and seems happy with what he has.
  • I really wasn't sure how WWE would play the main event. It is undeniably Historic and Cole just outright stated why but they botched the initial women's main event a few years back with the finish. That didn't happen here tho. Great storytelling and wrestling from the two who were so obviously enthusiastic about being where they were. The Chekhov's gun of Bianca's braid and the payoff was tremendous especially since WWE have been uncharacteristically reserved about using it on the main roster until now.  I always really liked Bianca on the NXT roster but obvs she didn't lift the title which made me wonder how she would be used on the main roster but Vince has lit a rocket and deservedly so. Sasha looked and sounded done as close as a year or so ago and I think she was sending cryptic tweets out that signalled she was pissed off in the WWE but she was class last night and did so much to put herself and Bianca over that she'll easily be in the mix next year. WWE finally have their first classic main event since, I think, Bryan at 30. Only disappointment was they went off the air pretty quick. Was that because of Peacock and it running over?
Edited by NotThePars