Wrestlemania 37 Week

forameus

1 hour ago, Andre Drazen said:

The women are headlining night 1. Makes sense really as there's no real desire to see Lashley and Galloway main event. 

Podcast I listened to rationalised it well.  There's far more benefits to letting the women main event, and Lashley and McIntyre open.  First women's singles match to main event, first with two women of colour, and probably the one with the person that most seem to want to ascend.  McIntyre was robbed of his moment last year, and you could tell it really meant a lot to him. Closing night 1 doesn't really do much, but opening in the first match to take place in front of a proper crowd (and potentially winning), as well as being the first entrance, would be the least he deserves after carrying a frankly awful RAW through the year.  Best for everyone.

They're in an awkward position with stuff like that.  You got the feeling early on in the Covid times that they were holding back, scared to do things in case they got crowds back, but I'm not sure they can keep waiting that long.  Do they try and make the wider product as good as possible by doing all these surprises, or do they stick to a holding pattern in the hope that we're reaching the end?

In this case, not sure they really need something like that at this stage.  

Edited by forameus

The stage/whole stadium looks great, Drew/Lashley opening things up is probably the right call too. 

I’m still looking forward to both nights, despite the booking. It’s Mania, and there’s actually people there. 

Right, what time does this start? I've just had a 2 hour nap to prepare and about to crack my first beer (I remember my first beer!).

Reckon Goon is right and the presence of a crowd will really lift this. Think we could be looking back fondly on this one in the future.

All that after I've slaughtered their build!

Edited by DA Baracus

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Right, what time does this start? I've just had a 2 hour nap to prepare and about to crack my first beer (I remember my first beer!).

Pretty sure it’s 1AM. Kickoff at 12 but I don’t think there’s any matches for it. 

On that 1am stuff, you think this is Peacock requesting it or just a one-off thing?  I'd started watching a few of the PPVs live as they were going midnight to around 3, but f**k doing that if it's going to be 1am from now on.

I'm going to skip tonight, then try and avoid spoilers and watch the whole thing in one lump tomorrow.  Get the full "holy f**k, why is this still on" Wrestlemania experience.

Some bad weather approaching Tampa right now. Hopefully passes, not sure what the script would even be if they somehow couldn’t go on. 

Aye just seen a picture and it looks like it’s gonna be a storm.

If it gets bad they can sail away on that boat.

Just seen the picture from the stadium looks the wind is causing havoc with all the seats.

Pretty gutting that after a year of no crowds on the night it’s finally going to happen again the weather goes and fucks it all up.