Wrestlemania 37 Week

forameus

1 hour ago, Andre Drazen said:

It's not because Bad Bunny is shite. It's because they weren't sure about Morrison's fitness, and now they're more confident he can wrestle. It was always the plan to do the match that's now been announced.

Oh, and I enjoy tag team turmoils. They're usually not boring because of the nature of them. So even the shit ones turn out approach being watchable.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Wasn’t the tag match always rumoured to be the plan then Priest or Morrison got injured? Not unexpected for a celebrity match to be a tag.

eta just noticed I dived in two footed before seeing DomDoms post nvm.

I was being a bit flippant, the tag match always seemed like the most sensible option, but hadn't realised that one party was injured.

And probably similarly flippant on the tag match.  It's just nothing to get really excited about.  It's like a lot of the matches on the card.  They'll be good, maybe even great, but not really spectacular.

2 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Are we looking at a 1am start on Saturday night?

I'd imagine it'd be midnight as usual, no?  Fastlane was 11pm given the clock change, so expect it'll be a 10/11pm start for the preshow (depending on whether they do one or two hours, surely just one) then midnight for the main card.

EDIT: Actually, you're correct.  Going by the poster, it's 8 Eastern, so we are looking at a 1am start.  Must really be looking at a shorter than usual show, so DomDom's probably right on these being 3 hour sprints.

Edited by forameus

Guest bernardblack

I’m optimistically thinking there are no pre show matches because they want that first live crowd pop to be huge!

13 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
45 minutes ago, bernardblack said:
I’m optimistically thinking there are no pre show matches because they want that first live crowd pop to be huge!

First up we're going to get Real American and Hogan pretending Titus is his best pal.

Yep. And Titus doing vice versa while mentally holding his nose.

Guest bernardblack
8 hours ago, TheGoon said:

The Hall of Fame is incredibly awkward. The piped in applause and cheers make it feel like a complete joke. 

Why they felt the need to do two classes as well I do not know. 

Worth a watch?

Assumed they'd have run way long like usual, but both classes cut down to a manageable 90 minutes.  Must've been really strict on the time for speeches after previous years let them go on for what seemed like forever.  Just checked, and the longest was 2018 at a whopping 4 and a half hours, but interestingly (or not, I'm a massive geek) they've never held a show shorter than those two in the history of the Hall of Fame.  Did Khali just get one sentence out?

EDIT: His recap video lasted longer than the speech, the latter of which was a weird mish-mash of languages.  On yersel Khals.

Edited by forameus

15 minutes ago, forameus said:

Assumed they'd have run way long like usual, but both classes cut down to a manageable 90 minutes.  Must've been really strict on the time for speeches after previous years let them go on for what seemed like forever.  Just checked, and the longest was 2018 at a whopping 4 and a half hours, but interestingly (or not, I'm a massive geek) they've never held a show shorter than those two in the history of the Hall of Fame.  Did Khali just get one sentence out?

EDIT: His recap video lasted longer than the speech, the latter of which was a weird mish-mash of languages.  On yersel Khals.

What year was Lita? Her speech felt like it went on for hours.

54 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

What year was Lita? Her speech felt like it went on for hours.

2014 by the looks of it.  If you're going by the "dots" on the network, Lita's was 37 minutes.  Mr T - at the same show - was only 30, and that's the one I remember as being particularly rambling.  

Just now, forameus said:

2014 by the looks of it.  If you're going by the "dots" on the network, Lita's was 37 minutes.  Mr T - at the same show - was only 30, and that's the one I remember as being particularly rambling.  

I mind that Kane had to interrupt Mr T's speech because it was rambling pish about his mother and how everyone had to respect their maws, and was exceedingly boring.

1 minute ago, forameus said:

I suppose Lita’s stood out for me as I just found it incredibly boring, which was especially disappointing given I was a huge fan of hers

On 04/04/2021 at 02:00, TheGoon said:

The last good Mania build I can actually remember is Bryan/Kofi, and even that was a bit of an accident. What a brilliant match/moment that was. 

Last time I remember really caring about something that happened. Was made up for Drew right enough as well.

Think the way Kofi lost it properly soured me on the whole company and never felt the same since.