047 John Gall: The pie man behind Darvel on American investment, floodlights & his grandad's secret Hurlford donation PLUS Kennie Young on the season's end

34 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

There will be profit the only way there wouldn’t be profit if the club was in debt due to the infrastructure investment that isn’t the case.  If the club is left with a surplus at the end of the coming season which is projected then that will be the clubs money.

I suppose we could go back on forth, I need to go sell some chicken tho

Hope you have a good day !

No, the only way there wouldn't be a profit is if you spend more than you earn. And that, as you say, is only a projection at the moment.

You clearly don't understand the difference between profit and loss and the balance sheet. It is perfectly possible to have massive debts but still make a profit, or to have no debt and make a loss.

Best concentrate on the game and leave the finances to others.

43 minutes ago, Ped said:

Isn't darvels infrastructure funded by supporters the same way talbot and every other club who raise money to allow them to upgrade there parks 🤔

No, because they haven't had enough people through the gate to pay for the upgrades in the last 3/4 years. Not comparable with Talbot's 35 years of success and the support that comes with it.

Anyway, the manager has already answered the point.

Edited by jimbaxters

33 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

No, the only way there wouldn't be a profit is if you spend more than you earn. And that, as you say, is only a projection at the moment.

You clearly don't understand the difference between profit and loss and the balance sheet. It is perfectly possible to have massive debts but still make a profit, or to have no debt and make a loss.

Best concentrate on the game and leave the finances to others.

I certainly understand balance sheets and finance.

Sorry I meant that we don’t have to facilite any debt from the cost of the infrastructure over the last few seasons, so any profit after running cost will be clear profit within the club. 

1 hour ago, Mkennedy said:

I certainly understand balance sheets and finance.

Sorry I meant that we don’t have to facilite any debt from the cost of the infrastructure over the last few seasons, so any profit after running cost will be clear profit within the club. 

And any loss will no doubt be covered by Mr Gall in the form of sponsorship or whatever you want to call it (which is perfectly fine btw as it's his choice how he wants to spend his money)

Edited by santheman

ive got to be careful what i say here as i will get dogs abuse because im no longer at the club so first of all what is happening off the park is fantastic to see and great to see floodlights and a new park being done , i dont need to mention figures here but the budget given to the manager would have been the top one in the league maybe bar polloks as i did it but that was including lottery off approx 300 members , 2 sunday brunches and a sportsman dinner throughout the season , that obviously would not have happened and who knows when it will happen again so there would have been a huge hole needing plugged this season , ive no idea who got paid and how long for this season but ive no doubt that would have been covered by john , its great to hear mick and john say the wages are coming from income coming in but ive a feeling its no accurate and there will be a shortfall as who knows when fans will be allowed in and who knows when functions can take place again  , will the club go into massive profit as john says ? id say no or little chance and the strange thing being and its great they are ambitious but getting promoted into lowland league would see income coming in drop like a stone as maybe 2 clubs will have a travelling support in that league , and no doubt mick will want a bigger budget to try and win that league ,

darvel will never have the backing of the talbot , cumnock , polloks, meadows  of this world , id say max darvel will get without away fans is 250-300 ,and probably most of them are going cause i spoke pish and got them to join the lottery and they got free entry !  ive yet to speak to anyone in the town who wants to see darvel in the lowland league so its catch 22 as far as next season gos , fwiw i hope they  have a brilliant season finish 2nd in the league and continue to play in that league , ive a feeling getting promoted will make the chairman need far bigger pockets than he has already 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I’m not even getting involved in a discussion  with you, your a fucking idiot 

Darvel Legend rightly got pelters on these forums when..... in his capacity as a club official....... he made discourteous and disparaging remarks towards other clubs and their supporters.
Now we have no less a person than the MANAGER directing abuse at contributors.

PR car crash ! Time to get Guidi back [emoji23]

47 minutes ago, Barney Killoch said:

Darvel Legend rightly got pelters on these forums when..... in his capacity as a club official....... he made discourteous and disparaging remarks towards other clubs and their supporters.
Now we have no less a person than the MANAGER directing abuse at contributors.

PR car crash ! Time to get Guidi back emoji23.png

I have never been disrespectful to any club or supporter in here but the manner in which he speaks about individuals is a disgrace

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

ive got to be careful what i say here as i will get dogs abuse because im no longer at the club so first of all what is happening off the park is fantastic to see and great to see floodlights and a new park being done , i dont need to mention figures here but the budget given to the manager would have been the top one in the league maybe bar polloks as i did it but that was including lottery off approx 300 members , 2 sunday brunches and a sportsman dinner throughout the season , that obviously would not have happened and who knows when it will happen again so there would have been a huge hole needing plugged this season , ive no idea who got paid and how long for this season but ive no doubt that would have been covered by john , its great to hear mick and john say the wages are coming from income coming in but ive a feeling its no accurate and there will be a shortfall as who knows when fans will be allowed in and who knows when functions can take place again  , will the club go into massive profit as john says ? id say no or little chance and the strange thing being and its great they are ambitious but getting promoted into lowland league would see income coming in drop like a stone as maybe 2 clubs will have a travelling support in that league , and no doubt mick will want a bigger budget to try and win that league ,

darvel will never have the backing of the talbot , cumnock , polloks, meadows  of this world , id say max darvel will get without away fans is 250-300 ,and probably most of them are going cause i spoke pish and got them to join the lottery and they got free entry !  ive yet to speak to anyone in the town who wants to see darvel in the lowland league so its catch 22 as far as next season gos , fwiw i hope they  have a brilliant season finish 2nd in the league and continue to play in that league , ive a feeling getting promoted will make the chairman need far bigger pockets than he has already 

That my point Jim when the budget was set last season the playing budget was covered by income which you have confirmed.

Now if we still spent that budget your correct John would have to cover the shortfall, but the truth was the budget was reduced and an agreement agreed with the players because of the lack of fans so there was no need to cover a big shortfall. I’m sure every club done the same.

As for next season the budget will be covered from income again, and if there are no fans then income will be significantly reduced as will the playing budget same as every club this season and I’m sure they will be the same next. 

I have never been disrespectful to any club or supporter in here but the manner in which he speaks about individuals is a disgrace

By all means disagree with him but ..... is calling him a ‘fuckin idiot’ really an appropriate response ?
You’re not on here as just another punter .... you’re the Manager of a professional football team ! You can’t switch that off and on when it suits you.

1 minute ago, Barney Killoch said:

By all means disagree with him but ..... is calling him a ‘fuckin idiot’ really an appropriate response ?
You’re not on here as just another punter .... you’re the Manager of a professional football team ! You can’t switch that off and on when it suits you.

I’m not switching it on or off, I’m pretty comfortable with what I have said. Go back and look at the abuse he has given me 

12 hours ago, Mkennedy said:

I’m not switching it on or off, I’m pretty comfortable with what I have said. Go back and look at the abuse he has given me 

Willing to bet if one of your players posted like this you wouldn't be happy. 

Edited by jimbaxters

On 30/03/2021 at 08:43, The Ilford Drummer said:

Lets be totally honest most of us are wishing our clubs were in Darvel's position. It's constant  quest for support of your club, and they gave raised the bar big time. 

Easy enough when you have a blank chequebook.

20 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

That might be HIS level ..... that doesn’t mean that it has to be YOURS !

If you’re so ‘sensitive’ or easily offended that you can’t rise above it ...... P & B might not be for you.

On 30/03/2021 at 11:14, jimbaxters said:

No, because they haven't had enough people through the gate to pay for the upgrades in the last 3/4 years. Not comparable with Talbot's 35 years of success and the support that comes with it.

Anyway, the manager has already answered the point.

Doesn't matter if its 1 supporter or 3/4 years worth or 35 years worth of support all that matters is its getting paid for 

8 hours ago, Yogi said:

IMG_0129.jpg

Oh mick you do like to blow you’re own trumpet wonder what the papers would think of you’re language on here to folk that don’t agree with you

Well firstly I don’t blow own trumpet in the article I talk about the club.

Secondly Ive had respectful discussions on here several times, with people who disagree with me. He doesn’t disagree with people he's abusive very different.

Thirdly yep me calling someone an idiot will defo be headline news for the news papers 

Amateur manager with a questionable reputation that will never change.

Footballing fraud imo and anyone with half a brain will see darvel back to where they have mostly been a small ayrshire club with some fancy lights run by a tiny handful of proper club men.

Even the muppet diehards who take an interest in the club every decade or so can't stand this pair of chancers. Didn't even take them long to realise it's all a circus.

9 hours ago, Yogi said:

Did you’re team no have a blank cheque book a decade ago and won everything but the big one so how can you have the audacity to call any club out for doing the exact same thing ?

Didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed an opinion because the club I supported almost went out the game 10 years ago with their overspending. 

No bitter are you

Amateur manager with a questionable reputation that will never change.

Footballing fraud imo and anyone with half a brain will see darvel back to where they have mostly been a small ayrshire club with some fancy lights run by a tiny handful of proper club men.

Even the muppet diehards who take an interest in the club every decade or so can't stand this pair of chancers. Didn't even take them long to realise it's all a circus.