Edinburgh City -vs- Stenhousemuir

This is a very big game tomorrow and if Stenhousemuir are serious about getting into the top four, one they'll need to win. Gary Naysmith has made an impressive start to his management of Edinburgh City and last weekend's victory at Elgin City showed his side are not to be trifled with; the Warriors will really need to step it up if they're to get the better of them. Our best performance of the campaign so far was the 2-0 win over the Citizens was back in November and if we're able to reprise that, we should have a chance.

Stenny have been decent since the restart. They were capable against a mediocre Albion Rovers side and did the business without any real flair, and they held Peterhead at arm's length on Tuesday night to progress to the third round of the Scottish Cup. It was hard to tell if they were any good or not that evening (a combination of the Pixellot camera and commentary that was half-a-second or so faster than the gameplay made it a weird experience) but you cannot argue with two wins and two clean sheets. The front four have looked really handy in both games, I'll say that.

I'm sure CEMSFC will be along shortly to correct me with player availability etc, but I'd like to think we'll go with the same team that won on Tuesday:

- Botti Biabi - Tam Muir - Mark McGuigan - David Hopkirk -

- Ryan Blair - Callum Tapping -

- Paul Brown -

- Chris Kane - Creag Little - Jonathan Tiffoney -

- Paddy Martin -

I'm not overly convinced with the back three but it seems to have done us a turn so far.

No reason as to why we can't win this but it'll be a tough match. Do not give away any corners free-kicks 30 yards from goal and we should be alright.

What kind of streaming service do Edinburgh provide? Is it worth buying?

Geez I hope biabi and hopkirk track back - is that what they have been doing in past 2 games?

Looks like we are reinverting the pyramid here, soon be the good old 2-3-5. Pint of beer at half time. Maybe the manager is keen to get the best players on the park and work out a shape from there

Wonder  if Corbett couldn’t get off work, not fully fit or not fancied at Peterhead? I’m guessing maybe the first of these since not on bench midweek if my memory serves me.

21 minutes ago, true fan said:

Geez I hope biabi and hopkirk track back - is that what they have been doing in past 2 games?

Looks like we are reinverting the pyramid here, soon be the good old 2-3-5. Pint of beer at half time. Maybe the manager is keen to get the best players on the park and work out a shape from there

Wonder  if Corbett couldn’t get off work, not fully fit or not fancied at Peterhead? I’m guessing maybe the first of these since not on bench midweek if my memory serves me.

Adam Corbett was cup-tied on Tuesday night, having played with the Spartans in an earlier round. Even so, Chris Kane looked more assured at the back and I'd like to see him keep his place in the starting XI.

As for Biabi and Hopkirk, the pair have done their fair share of defensive work down the flanks, so I can understand the layout above might have been a little misleading, but there's no doubt that they join Muir and McGuigan high up the pitch in trying to press opposition defenders.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

This is a very big game tomorrow and if Stenhousemuir are serious about getting into the top four, one they'll need to win. Gary Naysmith has made an impressive start to his management of Edinburgh City and last weekend's victory at Elgin City showed his side are not to be trifled with; the Warriors will really need to step it up if they're to get the better of them. Our best performance of the campaign so far was the 2-0 win over the Citizens was back in November and if we're able to reprise that, we should have a chance.

Stenny have been decent since the restart. They were capable against a mediocre Albion Rovers side and did the business without any real flair, and they held Peterhead at arm's length on Tuesday night to progress to the third round of the Scottish Cup. It was hard to tell if they were any good or not that evening (a combination of the Pixellot camera and commentary that was half-a-second or so faster than the gameplay made it a weird experience) but you cannot argue with two wins and two clean sheets. The front four have looked really handy in both games, I'll say that.

I'm sure CEMSFC will be along shortly to correct me with player availability etc, but I'd like to think we'll go with the same team that won on Tuesday:

- Botti Biabi - Tam Muir - Mark McGuigan - David Hopkirk -

- Ryan Blair - Callum Tapping -

- Paul Brown -

- Chris Kane - Creag Little - Jonathan Tiffoney -

- Paddy Martin -

I'm not overly convinced with the back three but it seems to have done us a turn so far.

No reason as to why we can't win this but it'll be a tough match. Do not give away any corners free-kicks 30 yards from goal and we should be alright.

Not aware of any players being injured /suspended that weren't already

11 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The streaming, is  pretty good.  Picture wise mostly perfect all game.  

However, the commentator is an odd guy, and makes some funny (unintended!!!) observations!   Also remember he's working for  Edinburgh City so comments favour us.

Finally, I expect a close, hard fought game here.  Both teams in decent form and could go either way.

Thought we were going to get an equaliser at the end. McGuigan missed a great chance with the header and 30 seconds later it is 3-1.

Was a horrid tackle at the end that could have been a red itself. Watched it back and Little came in and barged a couple of players over. Galling it was only us that ended with 10.

We may struggle to make top 4 now. Need to pull a couple of results out the bag. Tuesday would be good time to start

It really is lovely to support a team managed by Gary Naysmith. Thought we were good today, probably the best I've seen Liam Brown play for us and Ouzy See looks a different player to the one that returned to us at the start of the season. 

Expected a bit more from Stenny but that said they missed an absolute sitter just before we made it 3-1. Someone said it was McGuigan, if it was then Mr Goals literally just headed the ball in the wrong direction.

3 wins in a row for the best manager in Edinburgh.

Looked decent today and sharp, which is interesting given the 3 month lay off.

Stenny passed up some gilt edged chances which should worry their fans a wee bit. I thought the goal we did concede was a bit soft. The third City goal was a thing of joy. 

And so.. the wheels will come off at Central Park as usual.. :rolleyes:

Though McGuigan could have done better with the missed header. Disappointing to lose two goals from distance though, but we looked as if we competed well.  The melee at the end was a joke, surely Henderson had to walk for that tackle.  I said last week we cannot afford to lose players to suspensions and now we are one down. Presumably it will be 2 games for violent conduct.

Top 4 looks difficult but would rather consolidate our position for a fresh start next year.  This season has been a right off.