Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

4 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

It also ignores the fact that we played quite well vs Slovakia and Israel in the final nation's league matches and lost both at least in part due to our inability to finish chances, something that Adams should go someway to remedying.

And this chat about us only winning a shootout. We only conceded a late goal to have to go through a shootout. We got a draw in 120 minutes in Serbia, how many posters wrote us off before that game?

So your defence of Clarke's record relies on highlighting times where we couldn't convert quite good performances into good results?

I am pretty happy where clarke is taking us. The football can be dull at times but he has certainly made us harder to beat. Getting che adams to commit has sorted the striking position for a good few years. It would be good to see let the shackles off a bit more but it his may come

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So your defence of Clarke's record relies on highlighting times where we couldn't convert quite good performances into good results?

Eh, no. In what way am I relying on a single reason of defence of Clarke? Myself and other posters have made a number of other points supporting the manager. What a strange comment to make.

1 minute ago, Falcor Roar said:

Eh, no. In what way am I relying on a single reason of defence of Clarke? Myself and other posters have made a number of other points supporting the manager. What a strange comment to make.

Remind me of those other points again.

Is the one about finally reaching a tournament (by winning two penalty shoot outs) most prominent?

11 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

It also ignores the fact that we played quite well vs Slovakia and Israel in the final nation's league matches and lost both at least in part due to our inability to finish chances, something that Adams should go someway to remedying.

And this chat about us only winning a shootout. We only conceded a late goal to have to go through a shootout. We got a draw in 120 minutes in Serbia, how many posters wrote us off before that game?

Dykes was suspended for the first game

Seriously?
You think you've seen enough to say that?
Am I being whooshed?

He is an improvement on what we have and looks to be a completely different striker to what we have had for a number of years. By that i mean the likes of kenny miller who did a job but essentially was just a man to run around and pressure defenders. Then dykes who has been seen as a target man who holds the ball up. Adams looks like he can take the ball and create chances on his own. He is only 24.