Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

5 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Let's be honest about this, Israel have outplayed us over the slew of recent match and we've won 1 of 5 and that was at home.

Finding it hard to see a team that handed Austria the initiative multiple times at Hampden going away from home and winning.

Would love to be surprised but don't see it.

We needed to beat Austria, now everyone is saying beat Israel away and we still have a chance, then we won't beat Israel away and everyone will be like beat Austrian away and take 4 points of Denmark and on and on until it's over.

You need to put down results, we just don't do that.

It's a must win game if we hope to make 2nd.

11 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I hear that Steve Clarke thinks that points targets are unnecessary.  Cant agree with that.  Here's one target and a prediction... if Scotland don't win tonight, the qualification objective is over after the first 2 games. 

And prey tell why would it be over if we dont win tonight its 2 spots from 3 teams in my opinion 

5 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Let's be honest about this, Israel have outplayed us over the slew of recent match and we've won 1 of 5 and that was at home.

Finding it hard to see a team that handed Austria the initiative multiple times at Hampden going away from home and winning.

Would love to be surprised but don't see it.

We needed to beat Austria, now everyone is saying beat Israel away and we still have a chance, then we won't beat Israel away and everyone will be like beat Austrian away and take 4 points of Denmark and on and on until it's over.

You need to put down results, we just don't do that.

This is what happens with us in every qualifying campaign. Realistically if we want to qualify we need to be aiming to win the group, the play-offs look a nightmare for this tournament. Drawing at home to Austria is only a decent result if you win every game against lower seeds. If we don't win tonight I'd say we're almost out the tournament already.

I'm slightly more optimistic that we might beat Israel though.

Think it is a hard team to pick tonight in the forward positions. Could Fraser play as RWB? I can’t remember what Israel’s left hand side is like - it could affect the balance of the side too much but it allows us an extra attacking player in the side. 

Marshall 
           Hendry              Hanley           Tierney 
Fraser                                                            Robertson 
                         McGregor  McTominay 
                       McGinn              Christie 
                                      Adams 
Sod is a certain starter tonight at rwb. He's never let us down and clarke trusts him.

Shoe horning an attacker in there wouldn't be a clever move.

Fraser is the perfect impact sub.

I expect more pace in the team tonight, and a change from the setup against them last time.

If there’s a way to play Adams and Fraser, that could cause Israel serious problems. Barring the right back who has given Robertson problems, they don’t have have much pace at the back. I can’t see them coping well pace across the attack, and Tierney driving from deep.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Sod is a certain starter tonight at rwb. He's never let us down and clarke trusts him.

Shoe horning an attacker in there wouldn't be a clever move.

Fraser is the perfect impact sub.

It isn’t really shoehorning - Fraser has played there before and SOD tends to play pretty high up in that position and of course Fraser provides far more than SOD in an attacking sense. We need to do something slightly different to break them down, while still maintaining our defensive solidity and that may be an option. Our right side generally gets much more space than the left and Fraser could exploit that.

You should still be beating the likes of Israel if you are serious about qualifying. We couldn't score against them last game and we definitely have to score tonight.

Hopefully Clarke gets it right for tonight.

Normally due to rankings i would call it as a Scotland win but i am not going to this time. I can't.

Come on Scotland.