Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Of the lads who qualified for Serbia, Marshall, O'Donnell, Christie, Dykes and McLean aren't good enough. You can add Paterson, Griffiths, McBurnie and Gallagher to that as well even though they didn't play tonight.

Clarke has said he'll stay loyal to the players that got us there, but we need to play our best players. That will likely include keeping some of the above in and around the squad because of the lack of options, but they shouldn't be anything close to nailed-on starters.

Clarke can either make the easy decision, or the right decision.

He'll be off to Celtic Park after the Euro's.

Just now, Les Cabbage said:

Totally wound up by that, got the reaction after half time, got the goal, then didn’t continue the press and Adams who was the only player that looked like scoring was subbed off.

McGinn had one of his worst games for us in a while and I can see why Ryan Christie is so disliked by Celtic fans at the moment, totally horrendous after he came on.

Christie's first touch was a tackle tonight. Needs to be more clinical, not good enough.

I’m really not getting the major disappointment from this that others are. Yes it’s a poor performance but Israel are a tricky side, trickier than other teams of a similar ranking. Think the calls for Steve Clarke to go are ridiculous. Denmark will run away with the group presumably and I can see Austria dropping points at Israel.

Tonight really showed up worrying signs about the manager. He makes a positive change at half time and the game really starts to go our way. We weren't brilliant but we had our foot on the throat of the Israelis.

To take Adams and McGinn both off was utter shitebaggery. It was playing for a point. The game was there to be had. I could accept taking McGinn off for Dykes, that's a positive change. But bringing McLean on smacked of being happy with 1-1.

To compound it by taking Fraser off who was running at the Israel defence meant we played that last chunk of the game with no width and no one who could run and open up the Israeli back line.

The lack of belief from Clarke will cost us at the end of this campaign. We now have to hope Denmark take full points off Israel and Austria starting on Wednesday. A totally unnecessary gamble.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Of the lads who qualified for Serbia, Marshall, O'Donnell, Christie, Dykes and McLean aren't good enough. You can add Paterson, Griffiths, McBurnie and Gallagher to that as well even though they didn't play tonight.

Clarke has said he'll stay loyal to the players that got us there, but we need to play our best players. That will likely include keeping some of the above in and around the squad because of the lack of options, but they shouldn't be anything close to nailed-on starters.

Are there really that many better players that he’s leaving out?

I can’t think of many decent players, who are playing well,  that aren’t already in that team. 

Just now, G51 said:

Leaving David Turnbull out the squad and ending up bringing Kenny McLean on to play attacking mid is woeful.

Continuing with McGregor when he has been pish bar one game, especially when we have Billy Gilmour that could come in, is woeful.

Add Hanley to your not good enough list.

Its fucking shite being Scottish sometimes.

Too negative from Clarke but also from the players.

We showed at the start of the second half that we could press, put pressure on and score - they stopped doing it well before the subs. They needed to keep doing what they were doing and not get pushed back. 

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Leaving David Turnbull out the squad and ending up bringing Kenny McLean on to play attacking mid is woeful.

Continuing with McGregor when he has been pish bar one game, especially when we have Billy Gilmour that could come in, is woeful.

Gilmour isn’t even on the bench for Chelsea and after injury, has barely played this season. You can’t bring him in.

Think that should be Marshall’s last game for Scotland. He’s had a good career but I fear he’s finished.
Time to give a chance to some of our young keepers coming... ah never mind. Just give McGregor the gloves for the Euro’s. There’s no way he would have let that in.

Just now, Lobby Dossar said:

Billy Gilmore and David Turnbull for starters 

As just mentioned, Gilmour has barely played this season and I’ll add the one cup game he did play in, he was pretty poor. He isn’t playing for us until he starts playing for his club.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

I like Kenny McLean, but he's not the man to bring on when you need a goal with 10 mins left. 

It's interesting that McGregor seems to be avpoiding criticism on thois thread despite the fact that he's been utter shite for Scotland for pretty much years now.. 

I can only presume it's because he was so anonymous people have forgotten about him completely.