Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

29 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You'd think we'd be better then.

We’ve qualified for a tournament, are more organised, show more fight and appear to not crumble when we go behind. Something you can’t say about Scotland sides in the last 10-15 years. 

I’d say that’s better. 

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We’ve qualified for a tournament, are more organised, show more fight and appear to not crumble when we go behind. Something you can’t say about Scotland sides in the last 10-15 years. 

I’d say that’s better. 

In our last 5 competitive matches, none of them against top sides, we've drawn 3 and lost 2.  

If that's what comes from a perfect storm of favourable circumstances aligning, I don't want to think about what our record will be when the Gods are displeased.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

In our last 5 competitive matches, none of them against top sides, we've drawn 3 and lost 2.  

If that's what comes from a perfect storm of favourable circumstances aligning, I don't want to think about what our record will be when the Gods are displeased.

There is no God(s) m8.

Under Levein, Strachan and McLeish (second time round) the minute we'd go 2-1 down you'd see no way back.

I think we need to go for it a little more versus Israel, play defensively and you know a dire 1-0 defeat is incoming.

54 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You'd have to go back 7 games to get 3 draws. We beat the Czech Republic in our 5th to last game and Slovakia in the game before that.

Having said that, turning generally decent performances into goals and wins still seems to be a bit of an issue.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

First off, that's not correct, it's 1 win, 2 draws and 2 defeats.  One of the 'draws' of course being the best result we've had in decades.

And the performance level even in the defeats is absolutely miles ahead of where we were when Clarke came in.  Performances need to be backed up with more wins, but playing consistently strongly will always improve your chances in that respect

23 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Adams in for Dykes feels like the most obvious required change. Some sort of reshuffling involving McGregor/Christie/Armstrong in order that we can get McGinn further up the park should help us.

I'd drop Christie for McGregor with McGregor then sitting beside McTominay, moving McGinn and Armstrong forward. Though I wouldn't have any complaints if Armstrong was dropped instead of Christie, or in addition to him with Fraser coming in.

What was shown on Thursday was that McGinn MUST play in an attacking role for Scotland. As much as I love Armstrong, he’s the player that drops out for me, with McGregor partnering McTominay. Ideally we would have had Gilmour as an option in there as well, but it is what it is.

Also as good as Christie has been, I’d have Fraser in instead against Israel.

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

You'd have to go back 7 games to get 3 draws. We beat the Czech Republic in our 5th to last game and Slovakia in the game before that.

Having said that, turning generally decent performances into goals and wins still seems to be a bit of an issue.

Ah, fair enough.  

I was forgetting that our first two decent Nations' League results came between our play off draws, rather than before them.

The run is still insufficient to justify the bounding optimism largely evident here though.

Armstrong stank the place out on Thursday. Brutal performance.

He always takes four or five touches when one or two would do. He needs to learn take a good touch, shift it then go. Do that four times out of five, the other one try something.

That way you will grow into the game and help the team more. His performance was absolute nonsense and he should have been hooked way earlier. 

He always takes four or five touches when one or two would do. He needs to learn take a good touch, shift it then go. Do that four times out of five, the other one try something.
That way you will grow into the game and help the team more. His performance was absolute nonsense and he should have been hooked way earlier. 
Great hair though

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Great hair though

Tremendous hair tbf

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'd drop Christie for McGregor with McGregor then sitting beside McTominay, moving McGinn and Armstrong forward. Though I wouldn't have any complaints if Armstrong was dropped instead of Christie, or in addition to him with Fraser coming in.

Good shout

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

Under Levein, Strachan and McLeish (second time round) the minute we'd go 2-1 down you'd see no way back.

I think we need to go for it a little more versus Israel, play defensively and you know a dire 1-0 defeat is incoming.

##### have to win as much as ourselves. One would hope there would be some space for us to exploit

I'd go with this, Tierney pushing into midfield if needed for his bursts forward. Opposition completely failed to pick him up doing this. 

McGinn attacking as much as possible. Perhaps even McGregor on the right to help ODonnell out. 

scotland-israelv2-33f48cbcba09fd1d745c98fe6b4a6608.jpg