Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

1 minute ago, DanMc99 said:

marshall and mctominay can do far far better on that goal, also i have no issue being negative against good sides, we are sitting far too deep against a bang average side , there is no need to be this negative, clarke will need to change at some stage.

Exactly.  Tierney is the best wide player we have and yet he's stuck at centrehalf. Get a couple of strikers up top and go for it. Losing playing like this is feckin unacceptable.

I’m sorry, but if you’re going to a back 4 you need to take Robertson off if you’re keeping Tierney on. Robertson has been consistently poor for a while now and even when playing left centre back Tierney has offered more going forward.

48 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Hendry did this thing midweek where he kept dropping way deeper than the rest of the defence as if he wasn’t remotely in tune with the rest of the team. At that long ball that Marshall had to come for he’s at least five yards behind everyone else - possibly more. Don’t know if he’s being asked to drop deeper like that or if it’s just a lack of understanding between the defence.

With so many teams tending to play a lone central striker in a 4-3-3 you see centre backs in a pairing do this a lot nowadays. One drops in behind the other as cover as they don’t need to go man for man with 2 forwards and particularly where the main ball winner lacks pace. The Milan side of the 90’s made it almost an art. 

Spoiler

That said I am by no means whatsoever comparing Hanley & Henry to Costacurta & Baresi! 

46 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Could understand if it was the central player in the three playing a pseudo sweeper role so i don't think it's to instruction

Yeah it’s probably to instruction. 

Edited by 8MileBU

1 minute ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

At least it's shows that Clarke has seen the same game as us.  Not often the case with Scotland managers...

You think the people on this board know more than a range of Scotland managers?

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly.  Tierney is the best wide player we have and yet he's stuck at centrehalf. Get a couple of strikers up top and go for it. Losing playing like this is feckin unacceptable.

i  think tierney and robbo are fine where they are but its the sitting so far off teams like this with no pressure that kills us