Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

Guest bernardblack
2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Can’t believe folk on there still think we’re better than Israel.

This. We’ve seen them enough to know they’re a decent team

If we lose this we should bin Clarke tbh.

We put up with shite performances whilst somehow grinding a result because we were working on a formation and style of play, and it was gradually getting better.

We've now apparantly ditched both, and look absolutely lost.

Absolutely shite.

We were better in the second half against Austria, we can only hope its a repeat tonight. 

Why can the manager and coaching staff not make better changes during games. We're all watching the same game, I hope this isn't the same old false dawn. 

As has been said already this isn't France or Germany we're playing here. 

As a nation we should naturally have a high energy, high tempo to our play. That first half was so tepid its unreal. 

Just now, AJF said:

Dare I say it, but I can’t see any great improvement in Scotland other than the defence since Clarke has come in.

The Play Off victory, as outstanding as it was, may have papered over the cracks. 

We qualified through the Nations League courtesy of two penalty shootouts.

If we had lost either one of them, then Clarke's tenure is looked at very, very differently.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Yet another case of the midfield being far too passive, sitting off and allowing a shot, but mostly an absolute howler from Marshall. He should be comfortably saving that.

Our record against Israel is an embarrassment. I'd consider sacrificing a centre back for Armstrong or Dykes here.

Bit harsh to be talking about human sacrifice, the second half might be better. 

McGregor is a waste of a shirt. 

Lost ball in attacking position.  Didn't even attempt to win it back and cantered back, as they attacked from his mistake.

Then just after that standing 4 yards from Tierney there, offering no positive out ball.

As for the rest, Robertson seems to shite it when playing Israel.

Is McGinn actually on the park???

If it wasn't for big Hanley and Davy Marshall it could have been more.

Pass marks for Tierney, Adams and Fraser so far, who look like the only ones trying to make something happen.

As a team playing too deep and not closing down Israeli "dangermen" quick enough.

Considering we need a result, first half was appalling.

4 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I hate the back 5. So many negatives with it. It's like being a man down in most areas of the pitch. Both tonight and against Austria we've given away loads of space just outside the box. 

It's so negative, it's giving us no chance, and it needs to go right now. Christie on for Hendry at half time, please. 

Agreed. You can see it's worth with someone like Declan Gallagher being there just to head and kick stuff away, but it's far too big an ask to make Jack Hendry seem like a passable defender - we'd lose nothing by taking him off for an attacking midfielder and encouraging McGinn to press further up the pitch.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

We qualified through the Nations League courtesy of two penalty shootouts.

If we had lost either one of them, then Clarke's tenure is looked at very, very differently.

Aye, when I say outstanding, I meant as an achievement rather than the performances haha.

Guest Bob Mahelp

3 goals conceded in 2 games and each one could have been prevented by someone closing a player down 20 yards out. 

It's like we love taking it up the arse and refuse to learn a lesson. 

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Midfield far more at fault for that goal rather than Marshall. 

Midfield sitting too deep and not picking their players up

Problem was that McTominay followed a player back that became Hanley's when he got to the defence. 

McTominay was playing like it was a back 4, and Hanley didn't tell him that he had the runner and point him back out like he should have (I don't actually think he did have the runner, he was just ball watching). It was poor communication, poor decision making, but stems from a system which isn't working. 

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Dare I say it, but I can’t see any great improvement in Scotland other than the defence since Clarke has come in.

The Play Off victory, as outstanding as it was, may have papered over the cracks. 

I've been quietly thinking that for a wee while. We were less than impressive in his first few games, in fact barring the Serbia game (which we were a bawhair away from bottling) i can't think of positive, full 90 minute performance under him. 

Trying to be rationale but on evidence so far Denmark will top the group. 

Even if we made 2nd place there is feck all chance of us winning via the play offs with the quality of teams there would be. 

It would nice to be in a position to try but this performance so far shows we have not really come that far under Clarke. 

I would not bin him even if we lose. But I would rather he gets this loyalty stuff in the bin and improves his game management. Everyone could see we were going to lose a goal and no changes were made. That is poor management imho. 

Edited by welldaft