Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Anyone calling for Robertson to be dropped isn't work paying attention to

agreed, lets weaken the CB area and take a top class LB (out of form i know) out the side. robertson and tierney are the best we have and both have done well defensively , the issue is tierney is looking far more threatening going forward which then makes people demand robertson be dropped and tierney to LB so we can then bring in a CB whos not comfortable on the ball and lacks pace. makes sense.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If Denmark beat Austria twice then we wouldn't need 20 points IMO. 15 from the remaining games against Israel/Faroes/Moldova and a win in Vienna would be enough.

I'd suggest that's unlikely and we would have more leeway if we hadn't shat the bed this week.

If Austria lose both games to Denmark, yet win 5 of their other 6 games, they'll have 19/20 points excluding the game v us.

Assuming we fail to beat Denmark, that leaves us needing to win every remaining game versus the lower seeds, beat Austria away, and hope they randomly lose or draw a game somewhere along the road.

A huge ask IMO.

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 minutes ago, edinabear said:

We have a team full of premiership players who are playing well for their individual sides. Of course we're massively underperforming. 

Using world ranking as a way to justify your point just shows how bad scotland have performed over the years. 

I'm not happy with defeat. Too many people have a defeatist attitude when it comes to Scotland. This side could be so much more. 

We have our ( increasing number of ) problem positions though !

20 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

What? It was a decent strike but any good keeper stops that. In addition, any good keeper prevents the first goal on Sunday. 

Repeatedly Marshall saved us in first half tonight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are there not 10 players in front of Marshall who could/should have closed down scorer tonight and btw this is Sunday.

I'm no fan boy of Marshall but you would be better directing you ire at the several pish performances from the outfield players.

1 minute ago, Father Ted said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but are there not 10 players in front of Marshall who could/should have closed down scorer tonight and btw this is Sunday.

I'm no fan boy of Marshall but you would be better directing you ire at the several pish performances from the outfield players.

it was typical of our appoach first half, always too far off an israeli player, mctominay with man united would not have allowed that guy to get a shot off unopposed

Just now, Father Ted said:

Im no fan boy of either, but I cant remember marshall making a good save tonight tbh. All the shots were right at him.

Im not saying I would drop him from the team, I probably wouldn't.

But he's made 2 mistakes in the last 2 games. The criticism is justified in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, edinabear said:

We have a team full of premiership players who are playing well for their individual sides. Of course we're massively underperforming. 

Using world ranking as a way to justify your point just shows how bad scotland have performed over the years. 

I'm not happy with defeat. Too many people have a defeatist attitude when it comes to Scotland. This side could be so much more. 

We have half a team of Premiership players.  The back line isn't, which is why we are set-up in a formation to deal with that.

World rankings aren't foolproof but they're a far better guide.than most folk think.  Certainly better than the folk who look at Denmark and decide they're average because they don't.have any clue what they're talking about.

We didn't lose

17 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Massively underperforming is nonsense tbh.

The only team ranked below us who've beaten us under Clarke is Israel, once.

Getting hounded off Kazakhstan is massively underperforming

Are draws against Israel okay?

4 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Right enough I did mean Thursday 😂

I agree he should have been closed down better, however that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have saved it. It was a relatively routine save.

I’m not “directing my ire” towards Marshall, I just think McGregor is a better goalkeeper and we need our best players playing in each position.

Clarke has shat the bed twice in a few days a result against the fisherman on Wednesday will only papers over the cracks. 

First half tonight I thought we were playing Brazil 1970 we gave them that much room n respect completely unacceptable and has all but cost us a second place finish in this group. 

Clarke needs emptied ASAP he blew a 5 point lead in the nations group fkd up with team selections n substitutions on just about every occasion and that's before over seeing this shit start to our wc campaign. 

His record has been fkn stinking aswell if you take geeting us to the euros out of it he'd be getting quite rightly fkn slaughtered. 

5 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

World rankings aren't foolproof but they're a far better guide.than most folk think.

Scotland are 48th. Israel are 87th. Why is a rankings follower happy-clapping this?

This does doubly when you consider the distribution curve, which is an extremely steep slope.

Edited by Thumper

Just now, St. Jude said:

Right enough I did mean Thursday 😂

I agree he should have been closed down better, however that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have saved it. It was a relatively routine save.

I’m not “directing my ire” towards Marshall, I just think McGregor is a better goalkeeper and we need our best players playing in each position.

You are fully entitled to your opinion and you have a point but McGregor isn't coming back ever.

By all means try the other keepers but Clarke picked Marshall and that's that.

Gordon actually has a better clean sheet record than Marshall.

A point at home to Austria - a team that are probably better than us - isn't shitting the bed. It's a decent result.

A point in Israel is disappointing. But the pant-wetting "It's all over! Clarke out!" stuff is an overreaction. 

Chopping and changing the manager every three years isn't a particularly effective solution.