Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

1 minute ago, Antiochas III said:

Comparing Gilmour with Jack?  If it is a straight one or other, our midfield is worse without Jack in it.  

I agree. Id have Jack over McGregor.

In more difficult games Id play Jack - McTominay - McGinn in a three. 

But Id rather have Gilmour than McGregor to come in.

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

Think that should be Marshall’s last game for Scotland. He’s had a good career but I fear he’s finished.
Time to give a chance to some of our young keepers coming... ah never mind. Just give McGregor the gloves for the Euro’s. There’s no way he would have let that in." 

" Shagger " was not his usual  wonderful  self in the defeat to Prague

Edited by ewan14

8 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Robertson needs dropped on Wednesday. 

i dont think that solves any issues to be honest, look around that starting XI tonight . most players play in teams which play some form of attacking football most of them in teams positive on the ball or aggressive off the ball, we were far too passive, as soon as we pressed them we looked more dangerous , the higher we pushed up the more dangerous we were. 

now i know robertson is nowhere near his best in an attacking sense , but he's defended reasonably well in most games, he has to improve but I do not think dropping him makes us any better , i know its an obsession at the moment to want him dropped , we arent blessed with good CB's and tierney is probably the best we have at CB despite being a natural LB. the main issue is  being far more positive than we have been, that wont matter whethere its robertson or tierney at LB or tierney at CB.

this is on clarke.

5 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

I’m going to absolutely hate myself for this but McGregor needs to be in the Euros squad. Marshall is just nowhere near his level. This Scotland team is shite and we are desperately going to need our best Keeper in the sticks.

Marshall was not the problem tonight.

McGinn, McGregor, Christie and Robertson were all poor.

Steve Clarke's record is

P18, W7, D5, L6. That is nowhere near good enough considering the quality of player now in the squad and also the standard of teams we've played. 

This campaign is over after 2 games. Austria and Denmark will beat Israel home and away

Just now, edinabear said:

Steve Clarke's record is

P18, W7, D5, L6. That is nowhere near good enough considering the quality of player now in the squad and also the standard of teams we've played. 

This campaign is over after 2 games. Austria and Denmark will beat Israel home and away

im not sure austria will tbh

2 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Marshall was not the problem tonight.

McGinn, McGregor, Christie and Robertson were all poor.

I agree that there’s  far bigger problems than the keeper. However, due to these bigger problems we need to have our best keeper in the sticks which is McGregor .

Edited by St. Jude

2 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

. the main issue is  being far more positive than we have been, that wont matter whethere its robertson or tierney at LB or tierney at CB.

this is on clarke.

We're not playing our best player in his best position, that's always going to have an impact. We desperately need the quality of final ball that Tierney has been delivering every week for Arsenal.

4 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Robertson and Tierney remind me of Sandy Jardine and Danny McGrain f**k up the whole balance of the team to get them both on the park. Clarke needs to grow a pair and pick one of them .

I don’t agree really. It’s frustrating that in the back 4, it nullifies Tierney’s ability to go forward but he’s still also probably one of our most competent defenders.

I think we might have to accept we won’t get the best out of them bu playing them both, but they are still the two most experienced and able players we have. 

Do we have any decent goalkeepers coming through? I genuinely can’t think of anyone. No idea if he’s any good, but could we maybe tempt Angus Gunn again like we’ve done with Adams? From having loads of very good options in goal we seem to a have a dearth of talent in that area nowadays.

1 minute ago, St. Jude said:

I agree that there’s  far bigger problems than the keeper. However, due to these bigger problems we need to have our best keeper in the sticks which is Macgregor.

The keeper can't score.  All the ones mentioned can or at least contribute.

Marshall couldn't do anything about goal.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’m as raging about that game and the subs as anyone else, but cannae believe I’m here reading posts demanding Clarke is sacked and for half the squad to be cleared out. Deary fucking me lads.

Some players need a kick up the back side !

Just now, Virtual Insanity said:

We're not playing our best player in his best position, that's always going to have an impact. We desperately need the quality of final ball that Tierney has been delivering every week for Arsenal.

we're not getting in those areas anywhere near enough thats the problem, we are ending up on our own 18 yard box defending, while letting israel carry the ball out without any pressure, dykes was isolated on thursday, so was adams tonight and if you notice we dont get enough men  in the box . be more positive and if robertson still plays that way then drop him but its on the manager to be far more positive. if you cant get the best out of the best LB in europe for 2/3 years then thats his issue.