Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

Just now, Jambomo said:

Gilmour isn’t even on the bench for Chelsea and after injury, has barely played this season. You can’t bring him in.

He’s been playing the last few games …… more skill in his wee toe than the 3 that played there tonight …… all cart horses who couldn’t pass water .

Not a bad result, or performance, in isolation IMO.

Draw with Austria fucked us more IMO, and I guess thats where most of the frustration is coming from. Horrible feeling we'll look back at these two games at the end of the campaign and ask "what if", but we'll likely be in 2nd by the end of the next fixture, and then its down to winning our home games and taking a point from both Denmark and Austria away while Austria f**k up v Israel.

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Gilmour isn’t even on the bench for Chelsea and after injury, has barely played this season. You can’t bring him in.

I dont care if he is playing for Chelsea or not.

If he is a better footballer than what we currently have, which I believe he is, then he should be in the team.

The question isnt if Tuchel thinks Gilmour is better than Kante, Jorginho, Mount or Kovacic. Its if he is better than McGregor or Ryan Jack. Which i think he is.

6 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Tonight really showed up worrying signs about the manager. He makes a positive change at half time and the game really starts to go our way. We weren't brilliant but we had our foot on the throat of the Israelis.

To take Adams and McGinn both off was utter shitebaggery. It was playing for a point. The game was there to be had. I could accept taking McGinn off for Dykes, that's a positive change. But bringing McLean on smacked of being happy with 1-1.

To compound it by taking Fraser off who was running at the Israel defence meant we played that last chunk of the game with no width and no one who could run and open up the Israeli back line.

The lack of belief from Clarke will cost us at the end of this campaign. We now have to hope Denmark take full points off Israel and Austria starting on Wednesday. A totally unnecessary gamble.

Aye. We were so narrow after Fraser came off, and just when we needed the width.  Very frustrating!

I’m going to absolutely hate myself for this but McGregor needs to be in the Euros squad. Marshall is just nowhere near his level. This Scotland team is shite and we are desperately going to need our best Keeper in the sticks.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not a bad result, or performance, in isolation IMO.

Draw with Austria fucked us more IMO, and I guess thats where most of the frustration is coming from. Horrible feeling we'll look back at these two games at the end of the campaign and ask "what if", but we'll likely be in 2nd by the end of the next fixture, and then its down to winning our home games and taking a point from both Denmark and Austria away while Austria f**k up v Israel.

aye its obviously not over ......yet but the last 20 years have taught us there is always a stupid draw where we look back on and say that was the one which fucked us and we should have done better. its either tonight or austria. i just hope there is a lesson learned for clarke tonight, dont show that much respect to an average side again.

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

I dont care if he is playing for Chelsea or not.

If he is a better footballer than what we currently have, which I believe he is, then he should be in the team.

The question isnt if Tuchel thinks Gilmour is better than Kante, Jorginho, Mount or Kovacic. Its if he is better than McGregor or Ryan Jack. Which i think he is.

Comparing Gilmour with Jack?  If it is a straight one or other, our midfield is worse without Jack in it.  

Just now, St. Jude said:

I’m going to absolutely hate myself for this but McGregor needs to be in the Euros squad. Marshall is just nowhere near his level. This Scotland team is shite and we are desperately going to need our best Keeper in the sticks.

got to agree.

11 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Totally wound up by that, got the reaction after half time, got the goal, then didn’t continue the press and Adams who was the only player that looked like scoring was subbed off.

McGinn had one of his worst games for us in a while and I can see why Ryan Christie is so disliked by Celtic fans at the moment, totally horrendous after he came on.

Adams never looked like scoring.  The one time Fraser put in a decent cross , Adams made no real effort to get on the end of it

4 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Correct - he has been rank rotten for us for a while.

That cross in 78 minute summed him up. WRONG option yet a fuckin gain. 

Miles clear with all the time in the world and he cuts it back to Israeli defender. World class my arse. He leathers it across goal and Dykes has a tap in. I would drop him. I suspect he will be benched v Faroes. He should be. 

Edited by welldaft

I’m certainly not into knocking Steve Clarke, my complaint tonight is aimed at the players. Clarke, I’m pretty sure is not telling the players to play the ball back into their own half from just outside their penalty box with 2 minutes of injury time left, no matter what folk will say. Ryan Fraser got loads of balls on the left wing in the second half particularly, and 90% of his touches were back the way. I know he scored our goal, but he needed to be brave and run at their defence. Clarke didn’t make McTominay miss that great heading chance in the first half. Clarke didn’t make McTominay pass the ball to the Israeli defence instead of shooting. Clarke didn’t make Christie miss-hit his shot late on. Second half was a lot better, but still not good enough from these players. I noticed McGregor get a touch of the ball with about 5 minutes left, and that was the first time I saw him in the second half.

I think the love of Clark of getting us to the Euros has worn off now.  They were there for the taking and we continue to persist with such negative football. This was a game we needed to win tonight. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I’m certainly not into knocking Steve Clarke, my complaint tonight is aimed at the players. Clarke, I’m pretty sure is not telling the players to play the ball back into their own half from just outside their penalty box with 2 minutes of injury time left, no matter what folk will say. Ryan Fraser got loads of balls on the left wing in the second half particularly, and 90% of his touches were back the way. I know he scored our goal, but he needed to be brave and run at their defence. Clarke didn’t make McTominay miss that great heading chance in the first half. Clarke didn’t make McTominay pass the ball to the Israeli defence instead of shooting. Clarke didn’t make Christie miss-hit his shot late on. Second half was a lot better, but still not good enough from these players. I noticed McGregor get a touch of the ball with about 5 minutes left, and that was the first time I saw him in the second half.

Clarke watched that entire first half and didn’t do a thing about it. 

Clarke made those woeful substitutions.