Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

Guest Bob Mahelp

Serbia aside, where they all played well, I'm struggling to think when Robertson has ever played a decent game of football for Scotland. 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m sorry, but if you’re going to a back 4 you need to take Robertson off if you’re keeping Tierney on. Robertson has been consistently poor for a while now and even when playing left centre back Tierney has offered more going forward.

Robertson's great when you've got 3 world class strikers he can ping crosses at all day long and Virgil van Duke covering his arse but with Scotland and one man up front you need some with pace and drive that can get up the park and beat a man. Tierney suits our shower of shite far better.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

'Shagger' is an absolute cretin and thankfully will never play for Scotland again.

Aye, let's stick with his backup, a Scottish Championship keeper and a guy who's finished at this level.

Loser mentality.

Just now, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I think that results and performances tell us quite a lot.  How many games have you watched when we start badly, change nothing, and fail to improve?

Aye, I'm sure if you or I had been manager the results would have been better than the experienced and qualified managers they've appointed.

🤔

If only our managers didn't send our players out to deliberately play badly we'd have won the World Cup by now.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Aye, let's stick with his backup, a Scottish Championship keeper and a guy who's finished at this level.

Loser mentality.

Craig Gordon won't be a Championship keeper for long and Marshall making 2 mistakes doesn't mean he's finished.

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Serbia aside, where they all played well, I'm struggling to think when Robertson has ever played a decent game of football for Scotland. 

before captaincy he had a quite a few , since then , not many at all.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

It's almost like having an attacking formation gives you chances of scoring............Clarke is just too defensive. Fuckin yawn

The idea that we would win more games if we were less secure at the back is why you're on an internet message board and not managing an international football team.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
7 minutes ago, GordonS said:
4-2-3-1.
Hmm.

I honestly am sick to death of seeing 1 up front - it's fine when you have midfielders who can support the line striker - but if they sit too deep like ours it is fucking pointless.

Can't wait to see it against the Faroes.

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

People need to accept that he isnt our Bale or Lewandowski.

At Liverpool he functions very well as an attacking outlet because their system and style of play lets him do it. For us he is more like a normal left back who's main focus is defensively. A role which he does fine at.

Our fullbacks, and I include ODonnell in this, arent the problem.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Loser mentality.

Marshall isn't finished at this level. A nonsense statement.

Loser mentality is going back begging to a p***k who disgraced himself when with Scotland then acted like an even bigger p***k when he was deservedly punished for it.

Loser mentality is going back to the past. Do we ask David Weir and Scott Brown to come back as well?

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 minutes ago, GordonS said:
4-2-3-1.
Hmm.

I honestly am sick to death of seeing 1 up front - it's fine when you have midfielders who can support the line striker - but if they sit too deep like ours it is fucking pointless.

Presumably that's why he's made the change, to push three further forward to support the striker. With 5 at the back that support should have been coming from wide but it wasn't happening enough.

A central defence of Hanley and Tierney against this team gives me the absolute fear though. 

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

The idea that we would win more games if we were less secure at the back is why you're on an internet message board and not managing an international football team.

Despite our manager doing just that?