Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

This is approximately 97th in the list of matters concerning the Scottish national team, but you'd imagine Palmer's picked up an injury if Considine's been drafted in which means we've not got any wing-backs on the bench. I'm half-expecting Graeme Shinnie to emerge from the tunnel after Robertson and Tierney get injured in the warm-up.

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

That’s an exciting line up

We certainly can’t complain that he’s not trying to change things.

Israel have coped with us well throughout the last 5 games. 

Not sure they’ll be at all happy with the pace of Fraser and Adams

Adams is at least a goal scorer at the top level as well. Irrespective of the result, at least we get to see if it works.

4 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

We certainly can’t complain that he’s not trying to change things.

Israel have coped with us well throughout the last 5 games. 

Not sure they’ll be at all happy with the pace of Fraser and Adams

Adams is at least a goal scorer at the top level as well. Irrespective of the result, at least we get to see if it works.

Yup. Perhaps they’ll be a bit less direct.  I can’t see Adams or Fraser holding the ball up for too long. 

35 minutes ago, Highloon said:

I can remember listening to the Australia WC play off 2nd leg in class at High School on my Personal Stereo. 1985..

S4.  Double Chemistry.

The teacher wheeled in a telly.  Channel 4's first live football match.

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I was as well, but so many folk seem optimistic that I might start on the bevvy early.  Anaesthetic might help dispel the feeling of impending doom.....

Yeah I mean of course, those feelings will be away by half time when we are at least a goal down but until it happens...there’s always alcohol. 

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

S4.  Double Chemistry.

The teacher wheeled in a telly.  Channel 4's first live football match.

Second year art class for me. Tynecastle high, Edinburgh. Old annexe that's now an Aldi/Lidl. Again, wheeled in the big telly on a stand. It's a strong memory of me and my pals!

The Danes have put 8 (eight) past Moldova, had a feeling this might be our banana skin, hopefully it just proves thay are totally pish, anyway, good attacking line up for tonight, was hoping for 7 points from the 1st 3 games, just beat this lot, please !!

22 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I think I'll take an interest in snap as the world of football is effing mental.  With 10 mins to go Armenia (rank 116) are beating Iceland (rank 16) 2-0. Not a friendly, a world cup qualifying match. 

Iceland’s ranking is nonsense. They’re a perfect example of where the rankings and a decent few years can screw you.

In qualifying for Euro 2016 they ended up in the top Nations League group and got battered. The NL top groups were extended to 4 teams so they weren’t relegated and got battered all over again.

Granted the Armenia result is bad, but their world ranking is so warped and to actively be working against them.

Edit: also Iceland are in free fall and currently 46th

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

1 minute ago, dysartrovers said:

Spain needing a 94th minute winner to win in Georgia too. Glad to see it's not just as they give a game over there

McGeady did the same for RoI in 2015.

Unfortunately on the two occasions we've played in Tbilisi we haven't even been close to a draw let alone a winning goal.

Wondered if Clarke might chuck in a surprise with the formation, given how often we’ve faced Israel; but he’s made his reputation on caution and continuity, so it’s no real surprise that he’s stuck to his guns, again.

Personnel changes are positive, midfield is spot on.

Back three needs to be much better tonight than in the second half against Austria, when we were back to looking as though any decent side would score two or three against us.

I’ll go as far as saying we need to win this if we’re going to end up finishing above Austria.