Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

After Denmark winning tonight and our draw. We need to go all out to get a result against Israel. 

I'm sick of the sight of Israel.  

Israel have to come out and attack and get result after tonight's loss. We have the players to exploit that and get a result.

Tactical masterclass required from Clarke, which he is capable of.

Get Fraser up front with Dykes or Adams. 

Steady Stevie will probably go with the same line up again. Maybe Che in for Dykes.
Steady Stevie is a good moniker. He does love to make us sweat before pulling an acceptable result out of the bag.
The filthy tease that he is.

6 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Time we absolutely sworded these c*nts

Marshall

O'Donnell Hanley McKenna Tierney Robertson

McTominay McGinn McGregor

Fraser Adams

We tried that formation last year against them, 43 times with no success.

To some peoples absolute astonishment I hope we change it.

I'd like to see a traditional 442 with fraser and Armstrong wide.

What I liked against Austria was how high was pressed them and tried as much as possible to stop them playing and win the ball back. 

We can't let Israel knock it about, we need to get in their faces to win it back and show our quality. 

Probably see Fraser in for this one, maybe another change depending how much last night took out of them. Adams to start?

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

We tried that formation last year against them, 43 times with no success.

To some peoples absolute astonishment I hope we change it.

I'd like to see a traditional 442 with fraser and Armstrong wide.

That could be a good shout. 

Our standard 3-5-2/3-4-3 has looked solid against teams slightly better than us on paper (Austria, Czech republic, Serbia), and helped us get results against them. But when playing it against Israel recently we haven't made anywhere near enough chances. 

9 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Time we absolutely sworded these c*nts

Marshall

O'Donnell Hanley McKenna Tierney Robertson

McTominay McGinn McGregor

Fraser Adams

Are we capable of giving anyone halfway decent* a swording?

*not San Marino

1 hour ago, Tartan Dave said:

Tierney has to be lwb. He is our best attacking threat and Dasa has had Robertson on toast every game. No complaints if Dykes/Christie are in. Or mcginn higher up and mcgregor starting

99E94C54-B593-4F42-93BA-F9094AA1F6CE.png

Agree Tierney at LWB

but keep the back three same as last night

I don't understand how you can watch Tierney putting in a MOTM display and think "we should change this lad's position".

Adams in for Dykes feels like the most obvious required change. Some sort of reshuffling involving McGregor/Christie/Armstrong in order that we can get McGinn further up the park should help us. 

McTominay is bordering on world class in midfield but we could do with cloning him to play RCB.

Sorry, but am I missing something here, I just don't get this McKenna love in, both in here and on the media channels, every time people put their preferred teams up, his name is always in there & a lot of the times the media are doing interviews, you guessed, its a comment from S McK.

I stand to be corrected but we have players in the squad who are every bit as good as or maybe even better, so why clamber to shoehorn the guy into a relatively settled and confident back line, when he is nothing better than bang average.

In the interest of fairness, I have nothing against the guy and will wholly support the team the managers selects, but just wondered if I was missing something about this lad, other than his size !!

In what way is a backline which played together once and conceded two goals "relatively settled"?

I'd be looking at bringing in Adams for Dykes, and then probably McGregor and Fraser for Christie and Armstrong. I think Fraser in particular deserves a go, but it's hard with Christie and Armstrong because we know how good they are, and I think Christie was good towards the end last night.