The Daft Willie Rennie thread

Saltire

In case there’s any doubt that what Rennie does makes him look like a halfwit, here’s a clip proving that what he says also marks him out as an utterly smooth-brained void of a human. More evidence of Harvie’s assertion that the UK parties are intent on making the Scottish parliament look like a care home for their backwards members. 

https://twitter.com/sparkyhamill/status/1376100068806250497?s=20

Edited by Antlion

Willie had 2 crackers over the last days. On BBC he said that many people had died and others had lost their lives-now I know he meant livelihoods but it reminded me of the apocryphal tale of the Labour candidate in North Lanarkshire in the 1920s  who in campaigning said: "Where are the dead and vanquished of Flanders fields? They're all walking the streets of Bellshill unemployed" . He also appeared on STV playing a game of outdoor chess today while complaining that Douglas Ross needs to stop his gimmicks. I still think he will return as an MSP but if ACH is there ,Willie will be moved on.

9 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

474825315_b25lY21zOmU2MGIyYThhLTc1YTItNDZhNy05ZDIzLTUwYzgwOThmNDQ5YzpiMTM5NDIwNy0wOThjLTRhNDMtYjRkMi1hZWM3NGVlOGU5Njg.thumb.jpg.abe65197427ad3c32cf43c11ea21d3a9.jpg

One for my collection.

I can only see the value of this one increasing over time.

It's the new politicians' chess top trump. Apparently there's one of Douglas Ross bashing the bishop.

On 29/03/2021 at 20:20, Chapelhall chap said:

Willie had 2 crackers over the last days. On BBC he said that many people had died and others had lost their lives-now I know he meant livelihoods but it reminded me of the apocryphal tale of the Labour candidate in North Lanarkshire in the 1920s  who in campaigning said: "Where are the dead and vanquished of Flanders fields? They're all walking the streets of Bellshill unemployed" . He also appeared on STV playing a game of outdoor chess today while complaining that Douglas Ross needs to stop his gimmicks. I still think he will return as an MSP but if ACH is there ,Willie will be moved on.

For the record I wish to state that the postion reached on that chess board was an affront to humanity.

I live in North East Fife, which means that wee Willie is my msp. Nice guy but ineffective and mediocre at best.

The SNP have a shot at this seat, albeit a slim one.

There was a poll last month that had Willie and the SNP candidate neck and neck. Can't find it though. I'll keep looking.

13 hours ago, Caro-Kann said:

For the record I wish to state that the postion reached on that chess board was an affront to humanity.

Pictures of the board required. 

Were Kings and Queens the wrong way round? Was the right hand rook on a black square? Was a pawn on the 8th rank? I need answers. 

29 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Pictures of the board required. 

Were Kings and Queens the wrong way round? Was the right hand rook on a black square? Was a pawn on the 8th rank? I need answers. 

On 31/03/2021 at 13:29, Stormzy said:

Aye, that position is an aberration. Unless White has continually moved their Bishop back and forth (that's not a euphemism) then Black has played at least 4 extra moves and has no discernible strategy. A bit like the Lib Dems under Oor Wullie. At least he's consistent.

He appeared to be failing to complete Connect 4 today (on STV) but he will be returned once more.  IN Moray Ross's leaflet which arrived today the SNP get 23 mentions/the SCUP 23/ /Labour 4 but Willie only gets one. Mind you the Baroness still gets hal a page to witter on about peach party ballot. Not quite binned it yet. I may keep it for future chats with my few Unionist friends. 

On 27/03/2021 at 23:02, CambieBud said:

Cole Hamilton is in the top 3 most obnoxious and odious politicians in Scotland. Quite an achievement in a country with Murdo Fraser, Douglas Ross, Jackie Baillie, Kirstene Hair and Margaret Michell

Kirstene Hair is an ex-politician.

Though Douglas Ross has appointed her as an adviser, presumably on the basis of her obvious political acumen and steel-trap mind.