The Daft Willie Rennie thread

Saltire

I think Daft Willie, merits his own thread to track his "crazy capers"! How an earth is he electable? Today, he's stuck in a giant deckchair, or is he really a tiny, tiny person? Who can forget the Morecambe and Wise act with ACH? Those boys, don't let them use sharp objects or swallow Lego now!

Gaff count numer 1.

image.jpeg.958f6058f67a5d6ec10ccb5ab3a9a414.jpeg

Oh Dear Wee Willie Winkie means well but what is the point, all he does at FMQ's is ask questions on the flavour of the day, Mental Health, Education etc etc, though these items are important just for once I wish Wee Willie would come up with something original, there he is on his great big deckchair and the tides coming in in the form of The Greens who I'm sure will swamp his party in this election. 

If Rennie was a bodily part it would be the appendix*.  He has no discernible function, is mostly ignored but can sometimes be an irritant.

* yes I know there are probably more graphic options.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Oh Dear Wee Willie Winkie means well but what is the point, all he does at FMQ's is ask questions on the flavour of the day, Mental Health, Education etc etc, though these items are important just for once I wish Wee Willie would come up with something original, there he is on his great big deckchair and the tides coming in in the form of The Greens who I'm sure will swamp his party in this election. 

There's enough turds in the Forth without adding another

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's earned a fortune doing not very much for a decade. Fair fucks to him.

He'll get re-elected in North East Fife and resign as leader after the election, serve out another 4 years as a rank-and-file MSP and then retire I reckon. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up doing some weird TV documentaries like some modern day Michael Portillo. Just seems like the sort. Utterly hopeless as a politician but an absolute tryhard. Good guy in my book!

Edited by Donathan

Alas a whole sub forum about Scottish politics, and this is the first thread about Willie Rennie and his unheralded contribution to Scotland regaining her independence. 

It's obvious the fib dems only function is to provide an outlet for yoons with a shred of conscience.

These poor folk feel better by not having to vote Tory in SNP/ Yoon marginals. Willie's genius is that he is  helping ensure the votes his party gets from these dafties,  keeps the baddies vote split.

Keep it up Willie👍 Top lad.

^^^^^ha. some of my favourites below. Willie has led the SLDs to 5 Scottish Parliament seats. 5 MSPs in a system offering a generous PR option - that is quite the failure. Yet they continue with the same mantra, the same focus and crucially, the same constitutional beliefs. Hearing wee Willie (calling him Rennie offers him a respect that just can't be granted) tying himself up in knots when demanding a second EU Exit referendum but justifying the denial of a second indy referendum is truly something to behold. The SLDs epitomises the subservient second class relationship to England/Westminster/the main party that many in Scottish politics and in wider society are at pains to preserve. It is really pathetic and Rennie and the SLDs encapture this perfectly.

a wee funny was when the SLDs were highlighting perceived Scottish education failures by Rennie and 2 others hunched down in a group, pavement chalking some sums outside a school. Someone on twitter replaced the sums with a Ouija board and remarked "here are the lid Dems desperately conjuring up some relevance". Made me choke on my coffee. 

And that perfectly again captures wee Willie. Known for his humorous campaigns and photo opportunities - a newspaper editors dream like John Martin at Airdrie in a cowboy outfit ahead of each Scottish cup tie - but beyond that, known for absolutely nothing else.

NINTCHDBPICT000546168229.jpg

EJqAWkuX0AADFb5.jpg-large.jpeg

images-2.jpeg

NINTCHDBPICT000537180345-e1573038022964.jpg

7 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

^^^^^ha. some of my favourites below. Willie has led the SLDs to 5 Scottish Parliament seats. 5 MSPs in a system offering a generous PR option - that is quite the failure. Yet they continue with the same mantra, the same focus and crucially, the same constitutional beliefs. Hearing wee Willie (calling him Rennie offers him a respect that just can't be granted) tying himself up in knots when demanding a second EU Exit referendum but justifying the denial of a second indy referendum is truly something to behold. The SLDs epitomises the subservient second class relationship to England/Westminster/the main party that many in Scottish politics and in wider society are at pains to preserve. It is really pathetic and Rennie and the SLDs encapture this perfectly.

a wee funny was when the SLDs were highlighting perceived Scottish education failures by Rennie and 2 others hunched down in a group, pavement chalking some sums outside a school. Someone on twitter replaced the sums with a Ouija board and remarked "here are the lid Dems desperately conjuring up some relevance". Made me choke on my coffee. 

And that perfectly again captures wee Willie. Known for his humorous campaigns and photo opportunities - a newspaper editors dream like John Martin at Airdrie in a cowboy outfit ahead of each Scottish cup tie - but beyond that, known for absolutely nothing else.

NINTCHDBPICT000546168229.jpg

EJqAWkuX0AADFb5.jpg-large.jpeg

images-2.jpeg

NINTCHDBPICT000537180345-e1573038022964.jpg

Despite your cheeky remark about a Diamond legend, I applaud your views on Wee Willie. Mind you Cole Hamilton is more unpleasant.