Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Angus is blessed with Tory comedy gold. First it was Kirstene's "incredibly difficult questions', now Braden Davy can't even speak for himself - his election leaflet is a message from Ross and Davidson in support of him. Nae policies of course but plenty on the "divisive referendum". 

Braden Davy. 😂

43 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Its a fair point though i think , she isnt very positive swap tory for eu and westminister for brussels and your no far from that numpty farage whete its just populist soundbites and nothing inspiring

She hasn't got a sketch of a plan for what happens in the event of a yes vote. If there is to be a referendum there must also be a people's vote on the final settlement. Anything less would reek of hypocrisy and cowardice.

Edited by Terry_Tibbs

For me SNP/Indy Bloc will clearly get enough votes that best case indy2 is unstoppable worst case Indy2 is still going to happen just with more debate before it finally agreed. I feel its unstoppable now. 

My point is that Sturgeon isnt that good she just looks it compared to the dross the other parties have and if there was someone younger in SNP ready to take over after these elections are finished whos more positive and can sell independence in a positive way that everyone even some undecided and even unionists can start to think that sounds good. Its more likely we get a Yes vote.

I dont know whos in SNP waiting to step up , im sure others here could point to some but for me as someone whos lived outside Scotland in EU for long time , thats just what I think looking in without any bias other than I would vote Yes myself if I had a vote.

Edited by BigDoddyKane

3 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Angus is blessed with Tory comedy gold. First it was Kirstene's "incredibly difficult questions', now Braden Davy can't even speak for himself - his election leaflet is a message from Ross and Davidson in support of him. Nae policies of course but plenty on the "divisive referendum". 

Braden Davy. 😂

All of their leaflets look like that. They're about 90% generic template, with a bit for a picture of the local candidate. I think most parties do similar things but usually not to the same degree.

4 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

She hasn't got a sketch of a plan for what happens in the event of a yes vote. If there is to be a referendum there must also be a people's vote on the final settlement. Anything less would reek of hypocrisy and cowardice.

You supported Brexit. 

3 hours ago, Antlion said:

You supported Brexit. 

You don't know that. All you know is advocated for a softer Brexit years before the referendum and you're assuming i didn't change my mind at any point.

My point about the people's vote stands.

3 hours ago, HTG said:

He's a fucking idiot. 

I'm guessing you took my snowflake criticism to heart. It must be all that soy that makes you so precious.

14 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Braden Davy. 😂

Check out his Facebook page, it's absolutely tremendous. There's one post where he's campaigning to have Angus's unpopular car parking charges removed if elected. He fails of course to mention that as a current administration Councillor he actually voted for them and voted against motions by the opposition group to have them paused and properly reviewed because they were implemented so poorly. Indeed he has more power to do something about them now as a Councillor than he would as an MSP.

He's an absolute fucking weasel. 

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Check out his Facebook page, it's absolutely tremendous. There's one post where he's campaigning to have Angus's unpopular car parking charges removed if elected. He fails of course to mention that as a current administration Councillor he actually voted for them and voted against motions by the opposition group to have them paused and properly reviewed because they were implemented so poorly. Indeed he has more power to do something about them now as a Councillor than he would as an MSP.

He's an absolute fucking weasel. 

He is the guy who used to work and campaign for Labour.  I think his conversion may have happened around the time he shared a double bed with Ross Thomson in an Edinburgh hotel (Thomson had to repay the hotel bill he had claimed on expenses so as it wouldnt look bad....aye, him sleeping in the same bed as someone from Labour...hoho.  People joke about the Tories and Labour in bed with each other but they felt compelled to act it out. Lo and behold Aberdeen City council is now run by both Unionist parties

10 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

My point about the people's vote stands.

I'm curious as to why you call the first vote a referendum, but the second one is a "people's vote". In what way would an independence referendum not be a "people's vote"?

Communication through from Alba, All for Unity, TUSC and the SNP today. The All for Unity one declares George to be the most recognisable opposition leader in Scotland and that 20% of voters feel he would provide the best opposition to the SNP. Both polls cited date from the 10th of March 2020.

Leaflet from Labour earlier Had the usual 'activists pretending to punters' giving their views on why they are voting.

One of them was that the SNP are good at creating jobs outside of Scotland.

Look on the back of leaflet? Printed in Northamptonshire. Idiots!