Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Please elaborate on why it's 'maturity' for LGBT people or people that just aren't bigots to support homophobes. 

For me I see your take as symptomatic of the worst of digital twitter, so please don't be offended if I decline to engage.

Take a breath, perhaps think twice about the red dots and consider that whilst there is sympathy for you, there are many issues that in broad terms you should consider that others are equally as passionate about.

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

For me I see your take as symptomatic of the worst of digital twitter, so please don't be offended if I decline to engage.

Take a breath, perhaps think twice about the red dots and consider that whilst there is sympathy for you, there are many issues that in broad terms you should consider that others are equally as passionate about.

I have absolutely no issue with people who have different issues that they are equally as passionate about. I don't have an issue either with people that opt to vote for Fergus Ewing or any of the other more unsavoury SNP candidates if they believe it's the best choice. What I have an issue with is your smug condescending attitude that you're more enlightened than people who can't countenance voting for a bigot. 

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I have absolutely no issue with people who have different issues that they are equally as passionate about. I don't have an issue either with people that opt to vote for Fergus Ewing or any of the other more unsavoury SNP candidates if they believe it's the best choice. What I have an issue with is your smug condescending attitude that you're more enlightened than people who can't countenance voting for a bigot

There you go, right there, I prefer not to distill it.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You won't vote for someone who wants to deny you human rights whilst I'm willing to vote for someone who I diverge with on local taxation policy.

I think we know who the bigger man here is 

I don't think this is appropriate and I would like to disassociate myself from this type of gender based stereotype.

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Some talk that there's internal polling that shows Angus Robertson will lose in Edinburgh Central.

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Some talk that there's internal polling that shows Angus Robertson will lose in Edinburgh Central.

I find it hard to believe, but that outcome would be enjoyable given that Robertson is the most priggish man out there. Dreadful individual.

14 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I might be missing something obvious, but who the f**k is Florence Johnson?

A kind old soul who, in the face of an overbearing environment had a fondness and every sympathy for Wolfie Smith.

Ironic really.

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

A kind old soul who, in the face of an overbearing environment had a fondness and every sympathy for Wolfie Smith.

Ironic really.

I haven’t got a fucking clue what you’re on about.

edit: I’ve looked it up, seems to be a TV show that was on 17 years before I was born. Sound.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I haven’t got a fucking clue what you’re on about.

edit: I’ve looked it up, seems to be a TV show that was on 17 years before I was born. Sound.

That's current events for teuchters like sophia. 

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Three of the political parties canvassing for votes in our May 6th Scottish Parliamentary elections are based and headquartered in another country.

Anyone on here know where this is the situation in any other country?

At a guess, Wales?

Unfortunately, I stay in the Cole-Hamilton area and i am sure he will win again. I was speaking to a few of my neighbours who I thought were good people but they have said they will never vote SNP. Guess I am not a good judge of character.

To be fair to him he is doing a great PR job with the 'spaces for people' pish that Edinburgh Council are pushing. i have had him round the doors checking on people’s opinions and ensuring everyone knows he is single handily fighting the SNP council on the stupid cycle lanes and extended pavements. I'd be impressed if he wasn't a complete self serving cnut.

I might be making this up, because i got roughly 20-30 pieces of lib dem mail through for the last 2 elections, but did the Lib Dem's get fined for breaking election spending? i get so much through with Cole-Hamilton’s face on it.

4 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Unfortunately, I stay in the Cole-Hamilton area and i am sure he will win again. I was speaking to a few of my neighbours who I thought were good people but they have said they will never vote SNP. Guess I am not a good judge of character.

To be fair to him he is doing a great PR job with the 'spaces for people' pish that Edinburgh Council are pushing. i have had him round the doors checking on people’s opinions and ensuring everyone knows he is single handily fighting the SNP council on the stupid cycle lanes and extended pavements. I'd be impressed if he wasn't a complete self serving cnut.

I might be making this up, because i got roughly 20-30 pieces of lib dem mail through for the last 2 elections, but did the Lib Dem's get fined for breaking election spending? i get so much through with Cole-Hamilton’s face on it.

On GMS this morning,  when asked about respecting democracy nationally (should there be an indy majority), he deflected by saying that his purpose would be, if elected, to reflect the democratic wishes of his constituency in opposing a second referendum. He then conflated the position of his constituency by saying that "everyone" (presumably nationally) is exhausted after Covid and don't want a divisive referendum. When asked again whether he would oppose democracy should pro-indy parties have the majority, he again returned to representing his constituency. I imagine this "argument" would only stand up if he is not voted in as a list MSP. 

So in summarising his constitutional position (or indeed the Liberals position) based on this morning's latest utterances:

- wishes to remain part of the EU but will not be seeking another referendum on this in the near future  (even though his constituents wish to remain part of the EU based on their 2016 vote); 

- against a second indy referendum even if the majority of voters in Scotland support it (because in his view the majority of his constituents don't want one); 

Consistent and clear as mud. Thats the Liberals for you. He also mentioned increasing the number of teachers but didn't know how many he needed to fund and at what cost. 

2 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

On GMS this morning,  when asked about respecting democracy nationally (should there be an indy majority), he deflected by saying that his purpose would be, if elected, to reflect the democratic wishes of his constituency in opposing a second referendum. He then conflated the position of his constituency by saying that "everyone" (presumably nationally) is exhausted after Covid and don't want a divisive referendum. When asked again whether he would oppose democracy should pro-indy parties have the majority, he again returned to representing his constituency. I imagine this "argument" would only stand up if he is not voted in as a list MSP. 

So in summarising his constitutional position (or indeed the Liberals position) based on this morning's latest utterances:

- wishes to remain part of the EU but will not be seeking another referendum on this in the near future  (even though his constituents wish to remain part of the EU based on their 2016 vote); 

- against a second indy referendum even if the majority of voters in Scotland support it (because in his view the majority of his constituents don't want one); 

Consistent and clear as mud. Thats the Liberals for you. He also mentioned increasing the number of teachers but didn't know how many he needed to fund and at what cost. 

Considering the amount of new houses being built in his constituency i would say its at least a whole school's worth of teachers needed. There is a new primary school being put up.

25 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Considering the amount of new houses being built in his constituency i would say its at least a whole school's worth of teachers needed. There is a new primary school being put up.

Aye, I think they’re planning a new High school in Gogar as well for the new houses + Ratho, as well as the primary school at Maybury.

The man is a complete c**t though, and I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever that he’d be all for the spaces for people stuff if it had gone down well.

edit: and aye, they got fined for breaking election spending rules here last time.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17306025.scottish-libdems-fined-2016-election-inaccuracy/

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

What is the huge uproar with spaces for people? It seems to be complete gammon bait and the Evening News pushes it like it’s the trams.

People in Edinburgh Western have (rightly) been complaining for years about pollution levels, it was barely a year ago Mr Cole-Hamilton was on St John’s Road wearing a gas mask, and now he’s running an election on getting the roads back to how they were.

As far as I can see there have been a few daft wee errors with the rollout of it, I’m not a cyclist but appreciate the value of it on the whole. Edinburgh was shite to get around. A few small tweaks and it’ll be fine is my view, but there seems to be an element of Edinburgh absolutely seething they can’t fire their SUV up a residential back street at 40mph anymore.