Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

59 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The tragedy of British politics 

You could have stopped here tbh.

Bizarre though, that you think offers of a vote on devolution of power and self determination ranks as a higher tragedy than the myriad of problems British politics is unable to solve. 

I mean, rising inequality and stagnant wages alongside the current government openly and brazenly sticking their hands in the till with the full support of the media is bad, but it sure pales into insignificance against the horrific crime of *checks notes* giving the Jocks a say in how they run their NHS.

Also, welcome back m74.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

You could have stopped here tbh.

Bizarre though, that you think offers of a vote on devolution of power and self determination ranks as a higher tragedy than the myriad of problems British politics is unable to solve. 

I mean, rising inequality and stagnant wages alongside the current government openly and brazenly sticking their hands in the till with the full support of the media is bad, but it sure pales into insignificance against the horrific crime of *checks notes* giving the Jocks a say in how they run their NHS.

Also, welcome back m74.

'member when we used to go around stealing other countries stuff though? That was a laugh.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

The tragedy of British politics is that two PMs of Scotch extraction - Blair and Cameron - failed to grasp to true truth of Scotland which is that we only prospered as a nation by dint of the union.

You really are an ignorant c**t, aren't you? You have no actual knowledge of the history of Scotland, you just have a hard on for the Union Flag.

12 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Also, welcome back m74.

Thanks, M8.

Holyrood stopped being relevant in 2007 and is now no more than a Natter echo chamber.  That a smart bloke like you can't see how fucking useless 14 years (plus an additional 5) of the imbicilic secessionists are then no wonder Scotland is fucked.

9 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

'member when we used to go around stealing other countries stuff though? That was a laugh.

That was mostly down to we Jocks.  The most avaricious and slavey country of the modern era.  A truth underappreciated even in Scotland.

Oh yes didnt we have a right good knees up in ,er , oh was it africa? I’m sure it was, bloody good times. Can’t believe all those bloody woke liberals want to keep nailing us for that! What goes on tour stays on tour eh

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

You really are an ignorant c**t, aren't you? You have no actual knowledge of the history of Scotland, you just have a hard on for the Union Flag.

Almost certainly I do more than you - which is why I'm a Unionist.

8 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Oh come on, now - that flag has given him so much...

... oh wait.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The most avaricious and slavey country of the modern era.  A truth underappreciated even in Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

If you're going to troll, please don't make it stupidly obvious.

Scotland globalised and industrialised slavery on the back of our delightful union with England.

Are you really going to argue with this?

Two things made Britain "great"; the industrial working class and colonialism.

Both were discarded by the ruling class as soon as they were non longer profitable.

The tragedy of British politics is that the English still cling to a fantasy of power and riches, while the rest of the developed world has quietly passed them by. That's why I'm 46 years old and the only Labour prime minister the UK has elected in my whole life is Tony Blair, yet in that time I've watched countries like Ireland and Finland come screeching past us. Tories aren't good for the economy, they're only good for rich people.

Identity would never have been enough on its own to break the union. What broke the union is England's determination to elect kleptocratic inhumane b*****ds. 

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That was mostly down to we Jocks.  The most avaricious and slavey country of the modern era.  A truth underappreciated even in Scotland.

Yeah, the point I was actually making was that I don't care.

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Two things made Britain "great"; the industrial working class and colonialism.

Colonialism I'll grant you - and put that down to we Jocks.

Falkirk made Britannia Rule the Waves by dint of the carronade.  The single greatest contribution to our islands' storied history.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Scotland globalised and industrialised slavery on the back of our delightful union with England.

Are you really going to argue with this?

The owning of personal slaves was banned in Scotland in 1778-229 years before abolition of the trade.

This followed the case of James Knight, a slave who won his freedom when the Court of Session in Edinburgh ruled Scotland could not support slavery.

This important precedent didn’t mean all slaves were freed, but did mean no person in Scotland could beheld by law as a slave, which wasn’t the case in England.

https://www.blackhistorymonth.org.uk/article/section/history-of-slavery/scotland-and-slavery/

Victorieux, les indépendantistes écossais exigent un référendum sur l’indépendance

En Ecosse, les Tories sont minoritaires face au parti indépendantiste SNP, de la populaire première ministre écossaise, Nicola Sturgeon, qui a conforté son assise.

https://www.lemonde.fr/international/article/2021/05/08/ecosse-les-independantistes-revendiquent-la-victoire-et-defient-boris-johnson_6079606_3210.html

I think it says: "Kincy is a c**t".

The fkn irony of a flag-shagger having a go at Scottish independence supporters over slavery. We're the ones who've been trying to get it talked about while the gammons have been doing all they can to excuse it away. Apparently it's not patriotic to talk about the bad side of the empire - unless it suits your argument, of course.