Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Tactical voting really won't come into play in Eastwood as its a 3 horse race, surely based on all the other trends then SNP win this? NB. If SNP do win this and Dumbarton, thats basically the majority

SNP could lose the Tories top 2 targets if tactical voting in Perthshire South and Kinross-shire & Edinburgh Pentlands so a long way to go. 

Edited by betting competition

That's 3.59%
He's done, it's over. Absolutely no chance of Alba getting a seat now.
Very pleasing to see them beaten by the Greens in Salmond's back yard.

The Alba Party supporters not backing the more credible indy party and potentially costing them seats though. What you would expect from a childish vanity project though.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

And cost the SNP a pro-indy seat seeing as (SNP+Alba)>Tories.

... or am I doing this wrong

I think you are. It's the total over the full region. Might still make a difference though...

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, bernardblack said:
Why was Ayr such a Tory house?

Alloway, doonfoot and some other 'I'm alright Jack' tory spots

Oi, watch it, SNP in Doonfoot here! But you're right, a lot of old Tories in this neck of the woods.

13 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

I'd argue that it's stuff like that which necessitates a Citizens' Assembly on the issue to discuss it, whose findings would hopefully carry more weight than the rantings of online zealots. 

For my part, generally I support any policy change which would make someone's life a bit easier as a result.  

There are just as many no-righters on the TRA side I grant you, in fact, in my experience the extreme on that side are a lot more unhinged and I view them as far more potentially dangerous as individuals, but regardless, I think it's clear that public opinion is quite settled on this matter, so I don't really see the need for yet more procrastination.

There are areas of concern, without a doubt, but my take away from this is that we need to better police certain things like convicted sex offenders who legally change their gender, governing bodies need to stop the nonsense of mediocre male-bodied athletes acquiring a GRC then obliterating female-bodied sports. It's not a matter of whether we accept transpeople doing mundane things like going to the loo etc. Those things are beyond question already.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Just now, GordonS said:

Thing is, that's exactly how it's supposed to work. If you get 45% of the vote you should get 45% of the seats, not 45% of the seats plus another 20% from your proxy party.

I think they'll need to take a serious look at the voting system before it gets out of hand.

Supposed to work? Aye, after a voting system set up by Labour imagining that will shut those noisy Scots up with no danger of a nationalist majority.

As long as we are ultimately ruled from a UK Parliament that allows 80 seat majorities on 40% odd of the UK national vote, folk can go and raffle their complaints about it being unfair.

Just now, betting competition said:

SNP could lose the Tories top 2 targets if tactical voting in Perthshire South and Kinross-shire and Edinburgh Pentlands so a long way to go. 

This keeps getting overlooked. It's a polarising election with a lot of tactical voting. The SNP vote is likely maxed out in those two constituencies. Labour got 23% in Pentlands last time and the Tories only need a few of those to win, while in Perth etc the Tories won the regional vote last time, Roseanna is standing down and the Tories could take the seat on differential increased turnout alone.

These seats are absolutely in the balance.

10 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Why was Ayr such a Tory house?

Ayr was only ever Tory until 97,it will never be anything other than close.