Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

1 minute ago, the snudge said:

Henry Mcleish speaking sense for the most part. Sounds very pro independence

Aye, he has been sounding like that for years now.

He knows what he's doing. If he comes out in favour, then nobody is going to be intrigued about his opinion.

Fence sitting keeps him relevant at election times.

4 minutes ago, Pato said:

you swinging back towards votes meaning something again eh?

Votes in Parliament do.

Just highlighting a nasty warmonger returning to front line politics. It's worth keeping an eye on them with the SNP moving closer to NATO and the intelligence services.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jackie Baillie smiling is never a good sign.

Are you aware of her IQ? Probably thinks double digit voter numbers is excellent

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I wondered if he'd get Freeman's job. Even if he's not overly qualified, his delivery of the messages would certainly be more convincing.

Having grown up in Strathkelvin and Bearsden/Dunbartonshire East, I'd be fairly confident in suggesting a large swathe of Tories already voted for Swinson.

No doubt, but they still got 14% and it hardly fell at all. Swinson only lost by 149.

(Turns out that still makes me laugh.)

Really happy to see Angus Robertson back, I think he's a good guy. Also pleased to see Clare Haughey getting a comfortable hold in Rutherglen as I voted for her. She helped us out a few years ago when we just moved into the area and is a good person in my experience.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 minutes ago, GordonS said:
I make it that still to come today:
  • Dumbarton
  • Edinburgh Southern
  • Eastwood
  • Aberdeenshire East
  • Cunninghame North
  • Cunninghame South
  • Motherwell & Wishaw
  • Kirkcaldy
And that's it?

Kirkcaldy already declared yellow

Ta, BBC site is miles behind on Kirkcaldy for some reason. They've been pretty quick with all the other.

So, 7 to go and 3 of them are monsters. If the SNP take all three then a majority is very likely.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just wondering how you even remotely equate the result in an entirely different constituency to Dumbarton? That said I think Baillie will win anyway, just a bizarre conflation? 

But they are not entirely different.  Faslane and Coulport employ a lot of people from both constituencies and Union Jackie has been unstinting in her support for the  UK Naval bases - this counts for a lot locally.  I know her personally and although we don't agree politically she has been a hard-working MSP and an ally to the football club.  I saw her interview there and I actually thought she was rather subdued - here's hoping with good reason.