Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

10 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Alba reminding me a lot of RISE with the we can capitalise on the Indy vote and getting nowhere.

Be interested to see the regionals for Glasgow. 

Yup.

I think it had potential to be one of those things that snowballed, but the people involved just turn the stomachs of the majority. The only folk I saw seriously mooting voting for them were delusional transphob... sorry 'Gender Criticals' who were buying the 'women's rights' shite, seemingly happy to overlook who exactly the figurehead of the party is and the personal politics of a few other candidates. I told them they were just engaging in a daft wee circle-jerk and shouting at each other in an echo-chamber, but no, supposedly they hold the same views as a 'silent majority' when it comes to trans issues :1eye

Difficult to do much of anything with no popular support, a leader who is less well thought of than Boris Johnson, and when the only people you can coalesce around you are those with an irrational hatred they like to dress up as something it simply is not.

Edited by Boo Khaki

21 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You either support the SNP position of Sterlingisation or you don't.

Which is it?

You seem to be the expert in what I think, so you tell me.

In fact, don't bother.

Edited by GordonS

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Pretty clear tactical voting from the yoons here.

I fucking despise my neighbours. Electing the biggest c**t in Scottish politics.

Mentioned this earlier in the thread, but there's not much scope to vote tactically in constituencies if you support independence. The list is a different matter though - fingers crossed that when it is counted it'll show that it's not just unionists who can vote tactically.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yup.

I think it had potential to be one of those things that snowballed, but the people involved just turn the stomachs of the majority. The only folk I saw seriously mooting voting for them were delusional transphob... sorry 'Gender Criticals' who were buying the 'women's rights' shite, seemingly happy to overlook who exactly the figurehead of the party is and the personal politics of a few other candidates. I told them they were just engaging in a daft wee circle-jerk and shouting at each other in an echo-chamber, but no, supposedly they hold the same views as a 'silent majority' when it comes to trans issues :1eye

Difficult to do much of anything with no popular support, a leader who is less well thought of than Boris Johnson, and when the only people you can coalesce around you are those with an irrational hatred they like to dress up as something it simply is not.

I suspect the only legacy of Alba will be to tarnish the careers of everyone involved with it .