Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

6 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Can they even afford to "stay" past this election if they barely even claim one of their deposits back?

They're a fucking shambling non-entity filled with bigots and lunatics, and will be launched in the bin where they duly belong. Barely a footnote in history, and a laughing stock in the present.

You are wrong!

That Party Political Broadcast with the Angus McFadyen voiceover will hopefully endure. I wonder how many folk watched that and just went “nope”.

7 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

He hasn't aged a bit.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Kudos to the independent candidate in Roxburgh who was dressed up as William Wallace

I'd never heard of him until someone mentioned him in the Unusual Candidates thread.  Been listening to a couple of his tunes ever since - Over The Sea and Inside Out are brilliant!

Yup, I can't see how Alba survive 4-5 years with absolutely no elected representation. Half of the candidates are self-interested types who will change their loyalties like I change my socks anyway. Can anyone really see TAS hanging around until 2026 on the off chance they scrape a few list seats (presuming no independence) when she never lasts more than two minutes in any given party? Even if we do become Independent, it's not likely to be before 2025-2026 anyway, so even if they reckon they'd be a presence post-Indi that still means sitting around wearing a 'lol nae seats' tag for the next 5+ years.

They might not can it next week, but I reckon there would be a slow but steady atrophy as prominent members drifted away one after another, and they'd quietly wind the whole thing up within 18 months to 2 years.

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Everyone panicking about Ayr. JLD was the calm voice in the house.

Got any bold takes on the other swing seats?

I don't even know what the at risk seats are so this coverage is pretty shite. 

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yup, I can't see how Alba survive 4-5 years with absolutely no elected representation. Half of the candidates are self-interested types who will change their loyalties like I change my socks anyway. Can anyone really see TAS hanging around until 2026 on the off chance they scrape a few list seats (presuming no independence) when she never lasts more than two minutes in any given party? Even if we do become Independent, it's not likely to be before 2025-2026 anyway, so even if they reckon they'd be a presence post-Indi that still means sitting around wearing a 'lol nae seats' tag for the next 5+ years.

They might not can it next week, but I reckon there would be a slow but steady atrophy as prominent members drifted away one after another, and they'd quietly wind the whole thing up within 18 months to 2 years.

There was talk of some SNP MSPs defecting after the election.  

Technically Alba will have one Westminster representative in the next few years unless Boris shits the bed or we become independent as Kenny Macaskill won East Lothian for the SNP at the last GE and then defected

Absolutely enormous majority for Forbes, must be the biggest in the country. How big must an SNP win be for the BBC to bestow the stonk?

Just now, tamthebam said:

Technically Alba will have one Westminster representative in the next few years unless Boris shits the bed or we become independent as Kenny Macaskill won East Lothian for the SNP at the last GE and then defected

Neale 'astral projection' Hanvey as well.