Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

5 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

If you look at the EU Referendum results, just under 52% voted out in the referendum, but if you look at that alongside the turnout of 72%, then only 37% of the UK actually voted for it. But that was forever rammed home has being an overwhelming mandate for out.

Sick of reading this pish constantly from unionists. It’s as if they don’t understand how elections work. It doesn’t matter if only 10% of the electorate vote, the majority vote wins. People who don’t vote, don’t count - simple.

On a related topic. Now I’m certainly no conspiracy theorist but I’m a little sceptical of the 72% turnout for the brexit vote and even more so for the 85% independence referendum turnout in 2014. I reckon there’s at least 25%-30% of the population who won’t vote, can’t vote, couldn’t give a f**k to vote, don’t even know it’s happening, junkies, jakies, nutters etc etc. My family and my wife’s family who are all reasonably intelligent and kind of interested in politics didn’t even hit those percentages.

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The Orange Order are all absolute garbage c***s. Complete and utter scum, total wastes of humanity. Fucking filth. Not Nazis though. Not that bad, although I would be in no way surprised if a good number of them 'sympathised' with some Nazi policy.

But you're a wee fanny who is making shit up. No one here has compared them to Nazis. I challenge you to find a single post saying as such.

There has been as much scum marching in the Orange order as there has been in a lot of these YES marches. Some of the groups involved are vile. 

Yeah, I don't remember the Orange Order/Nazi comparisons.

Ku Klux Klan, sure. The Kincardine was always keen to tell us that the Klan was founded by Scots.

Just now, BFTD said:

Yeah, I don't remember the Orange Order/Nazi comparisons.

Ku Klux Klan, sure. The Kincardine was always keen to tell us that the Klan was founded by Scots.

Well, it is what he’s proudest of.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Will be interesting to see if the same sentiments are expressed in July when there are the usual attempts to link the Orange Order to Nazism on here. The whole issue of trivialising the holocaust is also applicable when it is groups you don't like that are being targeted in that way.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15414373.orange-order-refuses-condemn-flute-band-behind-nazi-costume-pics/

Screenshot_20210509-223646.thumb.jpg.3431d1aa11f868ec61b12f83f6237de8.jpg

An unfortunate coincidence here.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

There are some Yoon fuckwits on here....and on other places in social media.....absolutely raging and making right fucking fools of themselves. 

These twats need to step away from the keyboard. 

On the contrary - we need these c***s front and centre of any campaign for the union. The more it’s associated with the raging angry gammonry, the better.

"THE Orange Order has ignored calls to condemn a flute band behind a fancy dress party that was won by a man and woman dressed as Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun while two children wore rags branded with a yellow star-shaped patch like that which Jewish people were made to wear in Nazi Germany.

Images collected from social media also depicted other parties in which members of the Orange Order allegedly dressed as the Pope with a noose tied around his neck while in another two men in Celtic shirts imitated a sex act on a child's doll."

66C4A792-E1A9-40C9-B761-973E3525B71E.gif

45 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

On a related topic. Now I’m certainly no conspiracy theorist but I’m a little sceptical of the 72% turnout for the brexit vote and even more so for the 85% independence referendum turnout in 2014. I reckon there’s at least 25%-30% of the population who won’t vote, can’t vote, couldn’t give a f**k to vote, don’t even know it’s happening, junkies, jakies, nutters etc etc. My family and my wife’s family who are all reasonably intelligent and kind of interested in politics didn’t even hit those percentages.

If you cant vote then you aren't included in the potentially 100% also there was no way of escaping noticing the independence referendum taking place on the day of the vote.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

"THE Orange Order has ignored calls to condemn a flute band behind a fancy dress party that was won by a man and woman dressed as Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun while two children wore rags branded with a yellow star-shaped patch like that which Jewish people were made to wear in Nazi Germany.

Images collected from social media also depicted other parties in which members of the Orange Order allegedly dressed as the Pope with a noose tied around his neck while in another two men in Celtic shirts imitated a sex act on a child's doll."

66C4A792-E1A9-40C9-B761-973E3525B71E.gif

Aye just like the YES marches according to Edwinabore. 

Just now, Tattie36 said:

Aye just like the YES marches according to Edwinabore. 

He's an admitted troll, to be fair to him.

Presumably a fan of a different club trying to make The Rangers supporters look daft.

36 minutes ago, BFTD said:

He's an admitted troll, to be fair to him.

Presumably a fan of a different club trying to make The Rangers supporters look daft.

Trying to make Rangers supporters look daft would be a bit like trying to make the Queen look rich.

5 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Still a mandate for indyref? Not so sure. Majority of seats Unionist. 

IMG_20210509_203237.jpg

🤣 Lifted from depths of crazed yoonatic Twitter no doubt.....but if it makes you feel better and all that.

Yer wee map obviously takes no account for demographic spread.

Despite the early bumpkin claims of the forelock tugging simplerati......now the dust has settled, it's clear this election has produced more votes in Scotland for pro indy parties than vice versa.

That does not necessarily equate to votes in a referendum but it does corroborate the trend in polling we have been seeing for about the last year now.

You are in a minority with yer fellow submissionist dafties pal...get used to it.

40 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Still a mandate for indyref? Not so sure. Majority of seats Unionist. 

IMG_20210509_203237.jpg

This is a very good example of the aphorism in statistics that if you torture data long enough it will confess.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I find amusing that some unionists assume all Labour voters are pro-union - they might be in for a rude awakening.

Aye, I know more than one die-hard labour voter who would never vote for anyone else but are very pro-independence.

Edited by Tattie36