Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Strange old bird.
Had a twitter exchange a few years ago with her. She was all you nats this, you nats that. I asked her if she could at least acknowledge she was British Nat?
Instant block. Wee nosey on incognito page as to why? She will not have people calling her a Nat!!
Marvellous lack of self awareness.
She blocked me for correcting her "facts" - and that's before I was an SNP supporter.

18 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Personally, I would be delighted if we had an "abolish devolution" referendum.

If the Yoons win, Holyrood is abolished & we go back to Westminster ruling the whole UK.

If we win, Scotland becomes an independent nation.

If the Yoons had the balls to go for this, there would only be one winner. Unfortunately, as they know what the result would be, this option will never be offered...

We have no idea what might be offered

Last time lot of talk of yes, no, Devo max

Ended up being just yes no

If offer another Devo max will be on there and christ knows what else

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Can anywhere confirm If ad lib has, 1. Piled on the beef and 2. Been in glenrothes celebrating like this after winning 4 fucking seatsemoji23.png20210508_234552.jpeg

For a wee diddy non-party, it is quite apt they are going mental where they are being photographed.

essentially -

"Fucking yasssss.....we've got a corner!!"

1 minute ago, Binos said:

If offer another Devo max will be on there and christ knows what else

I'm not suggesting devo max.

I'm proposing a run-off between full integration into a unitary UK state or an independent Scotland.

Ler's all go to Wembley & Twickers to support the GB teams (says absoutely no-one)

That would not be my choice!

5 minutes ago, Binos said:

Or according to the Daily Record it was: Yes, Devo Max.

19 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Personally, I would be delighted if we had an "abolish devolution" referendum.

If the Yoons win, Holyrood is abolished & we go back to Westminster ruling the whole UK.

If we win, Scotland becomes an independent nation.

If the Yoons had the balls to go for this, there would only be one winner. Unfortunately, as they know what the result would be, this option will never be offered...

The tragedy of British politics is that two PMs of Scotch extraction - Blair and Cameron - failed to grasp to true truth of Scotland which is that we only prospered as a nation by dint of the union.

I cant forgive either of them for giving a voice to the grievance junkies who have turned their pathetic grudge into a millenarian movement..

1 hour ago, trainspotter said:

It’s a pity they retained the Orkney and Shetland seats.

The thought of Rennie and ACH holding their parliamentary group meetings in a phone box halfway up the Royal Mile is an amusing one.

They nearly lost Shetland and they were hammered on the list there by the SNP, and even in Orkney the SNP are breathing down their neck on the list. Watch the Scottish Government cut ferry fares now...

The extent of the Lib Dem's fall in Scotland is pretty astonishing. In the 2005 election they came second with 23% of the vote across the country. This time they've managed a whole 6.9%. In Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk they got 22,230 votes in 2010. Across the entire South of Scotland region this time they got 12,422.

In Gordon in 2010 they got 17,575 - just 500 less than they got across the entire North East region. 

They're simply not a credible party any more. They do not exist at all outside the Northern Isles and the two mainland constituencies where they've managed to unite the anti-SNP vote. The Greens got at least one member off every list in the country except South, where they were just 115 short. They got two in Lothian and were 915 short of beating the Tories in Glasgow. The Lib Dems didn't get a list seat anywhere.

I'm not sure they exist for any other purpose than to provide local authorities with regular funding in chunks of £500 at a time.

Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 23.47.27.png

2 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Or according to the Daily Record it was: Yes, Devo Max.

Johnson I expect to offer full federal powers to Scottish parliament like a us or Canadian, Aussie state rather than an in out referendum

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The tragedy of British politics is that two PMs of Scotch extraction - Blair and Cameron - failed to grasp to true truth of Scotland which is that we only prospered as a nation by dint of the union.

I cant forgive either of them for giving a voice to the grievance junkies who have turned their pathetic grudge into a millenarian movement..

Cameron is Scottish?

I believe that  his mother's father's mother's father's father was from Fife.

Wow! I'll bet he wears a glengarry to work.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That’s ok. They think you’re a pathetic, unwanted, unwashed, unwelcome, unhinged c**t too. 😘

(Welcome back - genuinely thought you’d been put away!)

Edited by Antlion

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

yoona.gif

Not especially impressed by the independence gatekeeping, but I suppose it's all went decently. Might actually need to pat the arse of Salmond and his cabal of right wing screwballs to get over the line, so I'd think it wise not to spit on them. But, tbf I've only been right about politics once. 

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well of course!

Please explain how he might qualify to represent Scotland in an international sporting competition.

Is it because he's married to the daughter of the family who own Jura?

I'm sure that Joe Baker's family would be interested in the definition you appear to be using.

19 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Cameron is Scottish?

I believe that  his mother's father's mother's father's father was from Fife.

Wow! I'll bet he wears a glengarry to work.

Ethnicity and bloodlines mean a great deal to UK nationalists.