Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

3 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

It's been a really underwhelming day for the Greens after the chat of 12 or 13 possible seats.  The unionist types have clearly been much smarter with tactical voting than the independence side.

The people who vote SNP on the constituencies and Green on the list have a much better strategy than the unionist side. Tactical voting on the constituency ballot only slightly undoes the damage of having three mainstream No candidates against one Yes one.

Nicola needs to spend big in the summer and go and sign someone off the Greens or Labour.
Presiding Officer now becomes really interesting. Who is going to give someone up?

You would say SNP but oft if a by-election against one of the unionist hold outs was called

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

You would say SNP but oft if a by-election against one of the unionist hold outs was called

Jackie Baillie is heart attack material and Willie Rennie could die in a freak photo-op accident but that seems like an outside chance.

They will want the Presiding Officer for the Indy ref stuff.

A majority is nice and all but it still takes the entire parliament coming together to beat them. What issue are the greens and tories aligned on?

Do Tories in Scotland not realise that the party they vote for don’t give a flying cunt about them?

And that they’re absolute pussies about independence.

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

Well, that's that.  72 pro indy seats and Raith gub the Pars.  Could have bern better, but time to get the beers out. 

See youse on the barricades! 

Slàinte! 

20210508_172307.jpg

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

Hoy insisting this is a bad day for SNP. What a walloper! :lol:

Can't believe he can say that with a straight face, does he have brain damage?

Whilst I'm happy the Greens have increased their seats & vote share still bit scunnered not to hit the double digits being projected pre-election. Sair yin the miss by 0.3% happened in my own neck of the woods.

On the other hand I'm in utterly shit eating grin territory at now being double some mob who've now been relegated to parliamentary diddy status.

I saw this, that does seem a high vote for a party that I think is basically a Twitter account. Have to say I did do a double take myself when I saw it on the ballot.

IMG-20210508-WA0005.jpg

It's been a really underwhelming day for the Greens after the chat of 12 or 13 possible seats.  The unionist types have clearly been much smarter with tactical voting than the independence side.
Looks like folk mistaking manky jaiket for the Greens could have cost them a seat in Glasgow and possibly the South of Scotland

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I see that nutcase ex-Tory who was challenging people to do pull ups managed a few hundred votes on the list. He’s very much not bothered, as you can tell.

What do these nutjobs seriously hope to achieve? 

I mean at least the Monster Raving Looney party have a laugh and try to abolish gravity and the likes. 

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

I saw this, that does seem a high vote for a party that I think is basically a Twitter account. Have to say I did do a double take myself when I saw it on the ballot.

IMG-20210508-WA0005.jpg

You've got to say well played by them. And played being the operative word.

c***s.