Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

19 minutes ago, Lex said:

Now it’s the classic some of the people voting for the union parties are actually Indy supporters.
Maybe true. Equally, some of the people voting for the separatist parties are actually unionists. We can speculate on what percentage may be what. But, what is without question, is more people in Scotland voted for unionist parties in the constituency ballot than separatists. Probably be true on the list too.
Absolutely LOVE how precious the nats get when this inconvenient fact gets pointed out.

Ironically, the one person who will be acutely aware that most people didn't vote for independence supporting parties is Nicola Sturgeon. 

6 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Yeah, that's wrong. For the SNP to have 7,000 more votes at stage 7 they'd have needed to get 70,000 more votes across the region, because they won 9 constituencies so their divisor is 10.

23 minutes ago, edinabear said:

What evidence is there that the majority in scotland want another independence referendum. Please show me? You'll be looking for quite some time

You see we just had this thing called an election.You may have noticed it's been on the news on tv and the radio.In elections parties have manifestos that the public vote on.The party that wins the election carry out there manifesto pledges

Happy to help 

16 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Thought you didn't believe in polls?

The usual figure for Labour is around 30% indy, whilst the SNP are usually around 92% indy. I'm not aware of any reliable figures for the greens

I don't not believe them I just dont think they are as important as some other people do. 

The best indicator for me is a referendum.

15 minutes ago, Pato said:

Not sure I follow. Is it unviable because of polling, or because Johnson has indicated he'll break precedent as May did? If the latter then it's about competence to legislate and that's the thing that'll likely end up in court.

I do think it will go to the courts and that ultimately that will have a detrimental impact on Indy support. 

My point if you could even call it one is a shite semantics/theoretical one I'm sincerely intrigued if a political party gets elected with a promise they can't deliver, to use a silly example let's say they campaigned on combining France and Germany into one country and they got elected would they have a mandate to do that? 

Edited by Stormzy

Erm on you said "‘Historic mandate for a referendum, clear and settled will of the Scottish people etc etc’" - the two posts are on the same page....

You’re replying to a simple ‘does any Labour candidate support Scottish independence’ question 🤣

Just now, Lex said:

You’re replying to a simple ‘does any Labour candidate support Scottish independence’ question 🤣

But you did say referendum - it's hardly my fault if you make inconsistent posts within minutes of each other....

5 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

You see we just had this thing called an election.You may have noticed it's been on the news on tv and the radio.In elections parties have manifestos that the public vote on.The party that wins the election carry out there manifesto pledges

Happy to help 

An election where the majority voted for Unionist parties. A result almost identical to 2016! What a clear mandate for indyref!!! 

Flipping that NE list thing round, Salmond would be 13,000 away from a seat. He is surely utterly finished now. Glad my list vote for the treeshaggers came in.

Strange election - fractional movement on numbers, but SNP winning 85% of FPTP after 14 years in having taken a fair bit of political fire is a very damning indictment of the opposition, regardless of any spin about the SNP not getting 65.

The wrangling will continue......

2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Greens replacing Lib dems in North Scotland is magic!

My vote helped yaaaaaaas

And that means that lib dems  wont get to sit on any committees either 🤣