Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Think this is the fourth ‘but what about the Tories’ response to this.
🤣

You are a complete and utter tadger. 

Thought you didn't believe in polls?
The usual figure for Labour is around 30% indy, whilst the SNP are usually around 92% indy. I'm not aware of any reliable figures for the greens

Was there a Labour candidate that supports independence?

There must be Labour party voters/members embarrassed about Labour party voters/members voting Tory. It's shameless. It'll see even more people turning their backs on the Labour party. 

Agreed. The big lesson here is Labour in Scotland are completely and utterly dead. Even with a likeable leader who apparently did well in the debates they’ve still lost seats.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

So, no?
Just checking.

Erm not quite...

Monica Lennon says if pro-independence parties win majority in May, Labour must accept vote is needed

Think this is the fourth ‘but what about the Tories’ response to this.
[emoji1787]
Do you need schooled on what a Parliamentary democracy means?

If the Parliament wants to have an IndyRef2 it should proceed - if it passes or fails then that is democracy too.

3 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

There must be Labour party voters/members embarrassed about Labour party voters/members voting Tory. It's shameless. It'll see even more people turning their backs on the Labour party. 

I used to work with a very proud Labour voter. The last time we spoke about politics he was absolutely despondent about what was happening to the party he’d voted for all his life. That was a couple of years ago, I wouldn’t be surprised if he still gave them his vote but he seemed to be resigned to the fact that Labour were dead in Scotland and could only regain any kind of relevance through independence. I reckon there’ll be a fair few of these old school labour voters clinging on but will vote Indy if given the choice, especially seeing what’s happening down south.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The most hilarious thing about this whole election....aside from watching the SNP dominate once again....is that the last pretences of Yoon party loyalty have been desperately thrown aside. 

Nobody who was previously a Labour, Tory or LibDem supporter gives a flying f**k about their parties policies, almost certainly because their party has no policies. 

All they care about is trying to stop the SNP. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less......no policies, no ideas, nothing positive. What a bleak, miserable viewpoint to have. 

Just disband these Tory, Labour, LibDem branch offices, form one new party.....the BritNat Hate Party, or the Anti-Scotland Party, something catchy.....and appoint a new party leader. 

Maybe Winston Churchill, Margaret Thatcher, or Nigel Farage. 

Stop hiding behind the skirts of party names, you feckin cowards. Just come out with your Ulster-lite shit and let's see what you've got. 

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

I said independence, not a referendum.

Erm on you said "‘Historic mandate for a referendum, clear and settled will of the Scottish people etc etc’" - the two posts are on the same page....

Edited by btb

Agreed. The big lesson here is Labour in Scotland are completely and utterly dead. Even with a likeable leader who apparently did well in the debates they’ve still lost seats.
Scottsh Labour are no different from Labour down South - full of meaningless rhetoric yet really don't offer the voters anything of substance.

I might not particularly like the Tories but I at least know what they stand for - the same cannot be said for the Labour Party.

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I think it's fairly safe to say that anyone who voted Alba on the list, probably wasn't going to go both votes SNP with or without Alba - they'd have stayed at home or spoilt their ballot instead.