Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Just now, Jedi said:

Its all going to come down to Aberdeen West isnt it....SNP must now be heading for either 62 or 63 constituencies.....'if' 63 can surely get 2 list seats from somewhere.

A list seat in H&I is very likely. One in the South is probably 50-50.

They could easily lose Pentland though. 

57 now, 4 gimmies take it to 61, likely H&I seat gets to 62. They need all 3 of Ab West, Pentland and South list, or two of those and a very unlikely list seat elsewhere, and that's not going to happen. I think talk of the majority is only there to shape the narrative later when the SNP finish on 63 or 64.

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Its all going to come down to Aberdeen West isnt it....SNP must now be heading for either 62 or 63 constituencies.....'if' 63 can surely get 2 list seats from somewhere.

And Pentlands! That's not in the bag.

People who vote for the SNP solely for IndyRef2 moaning about Unionists voting tactically is a tad hypocritical.

We are fully Ulsterised now. It's a shite state of affairs but elections are simply constitutional head counts. If there has been a single policy discussed on here in the last 24 hours I must have missed it. 

People who vote for the SNP solely for IndyRef2 moaning about Unionists voting tactically is a tad hypocritical.
We are fully Ulsterised now. It's a shite state of affairs but elections are simply constitutional head counts. If there has been a single policy discussed on here in the last 24 hours I must have missed it. 
Plenty of policies will be discussed post independence

You do realise that Glasgow is nearer the border than Stranraer, yeah?

I found this out the hard way when the Dons drew them in a 2005 LC tie and I was working in Preston and decided to drive up.

Got to Gretna thinking I was almost there, only to see the sign stating it was 98 miles away!

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

A list seat in H&I is very likely. One in the South is probably 50-50.

They could easily lose Pentland though. 

57 now, 4 gimmies take it to 61, likely H&I seat gets to 62. They need all 3 of Ab West, Pentland and South list, or two of those and a very unlikely list seat elsewhere, and that's not going to happen. I think talk of the majority is only there to shape the narrative later when the SNP finish on 63 or 64.

Pretty much bang on.  I think they'll get a list seat on both and retain Pentland but miss out on Ab West by a bawhair.

Glorious failure.... 

Always makes me smile. You’ll hear plenty nationalists say ‘I don’t agree with the SNP on xyz but they’re the best vehicle to independence so I’ll be voting for them’. Unionists do similar and it’s all traitors, quislings etc etc.
You’re right the actual issues don’t matter and they haven’t for a long time. Hard to imagine a situation in the foreseeable future when a Scottish election is decided on anything that isn’t constitutional matters. It’s shite but I can’t see any way of changing it.