Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

12 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

are you crazy? there was an egg thrown at Murphy. Murphy and Eddie Izzard were later jostled by a fringe indy lunatic.

An egg and a jostle and you say it wasn't damaging?? Numerous families up and down the country were divided as a result of those incidents and haven't spoken to each other since. 

The key to the next indy ref is getting ‘The Scottish Resistence’ and Stu anon types to f**k. 

1 minute ago, wirez said:

Or that she was a former world class athlete. Someone who won a gold medal in the decathlon at the Olympics and maybe knows a wee bit more about sport than your average punter.

Meight, she literally (and very publicly) said trans people should be able to compete in sports. Honestly, have a basic grasp on the issues at hand before wading in. 

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

Someone actually claiming families have been divided for over 6 years now because someone launched an egg at Jim Murphy? Holy f**k emoji23.png

Mine is.

My mum thinks it should have been an ostrich egg, my dad thinks it should have been an emu egg.

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

My Donathan guy reliably informs me that he is on his third pint of the pub crawl.

So he's had a half pint shandy, then.

I really don't like the way they report results as someone "Holding on to their seat" when they have increased their majority. Surely retained?

Before anyone thinks this is an BBC bias/SNPBad-type post, I've seen and heard some mentions of Willie Rennie "holding on" when he absolutely romped it.

Just now, yoda said:

Meight, she literally (and very publicly) said trans people should be able to compete in sports. Honestly, have a basic grasp on the issues at hand before wading in. 

What do you mean wading in?

I first mentioned that Andy Wightman would be a loss to the Scottish Parliament. Especially for the research and work he has done for land reform.

Someone called him a transphobe. I disagree.

So there we go.

Guest bernardblack
3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I really don't like the way they report results as someone "Holding on to their seat" when they have increased their majority. Surely retained?

Before anyone thinks this is an BBC bias/SNPBad-type post, I've seen and heard some mentions of Willie Rennie "holding on" when he absolutely romped it.

Agreed. You could win a seat by 15,000 and it would be described as “holding on

What kind of list numbers are the tofu & soya munchers look at now, is it double digits as was being projected pre-election or is it now higher single digits?

Edited by GNU_Linux

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

SNP deserve another list seat based on their Shetland performance

I always hope the SNP wins in Shetland to put an end to people who call it "the Shetlands" endlessly droning on about Shetland separating from Scotland. If you don't even know what the place is called and have never been dive bombed by a bonxie STFU is always my inner response to reading or listening to any of that patter.

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

What kind of list numbers are the tofu & soya munchers look at now, is it double digits as was being projected pre-election or is it now higher single digits?

7 out of 8 constituencies in H&I now in, looking like Labour will lose a seat to the Tories to makes it four Tories, 1 Labour, 1 SNP and 1 Green.

I'll take a look later to see if Andy Wightman's votes might have helped the Greens, but it's a big assumption that that's how those people would have voted.

I think the Greens will add 1 in Glasgow but I've not seen enough of the figures to know who would lose out. Little chance of them getting one in Central and they'll retain their 2 in Lothian.